Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I agree…but then it’s also kind of silly that you can sell your tattoo at the Ppwn Shoppe. Hopefully we will address some of the stupider aspects of FWZ someday.

As for multiple piercings…it’s not just game mechanics, but it would imbalance the character if you could fill an ear slot, an eyebrow slot, etc. We may open up the possibility of carrying more piercings as you progress through the game, but I think it should come at a large cost, such as your ability to heal.

PROBACKGROUNDER: Personally, my greatest influence as far as game design contributions is Sega’s Shadowrun. In that game (as in the general Shadowrun RPG series), you can get all kinds of cybernetic implants or Wolverine-like hand spurs, but it’s at a cost to your “Essence” or life force.

We can think of these limitations as your player’s inability to handle anymore. Maybe we could come up with a “Balls” statistic or something like that.

Why not make it part of the Upkeep stat? All three of my characters have never pumped their Upkeep stat above 2 simply because it’s much more efficient to just invest in Frugality for the cheaper consumables/equipment and pbum on those savings to repair costs.

However, if a sufficiently high Upkeep allowed me to have more than one item equipped in each slot, things may be different. Now not only do I save on maintenance costs, but I get to have more equipment in play at any given time. Definitely makes players think more about their Upgrade options, and that’s always a good thing in my opinion.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!