Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think something to keep in mind is that with an increased variety of cards available the impact won’t be as noticeable unless they have epic effects. The odds of getting any particular card will be reduced. It might even be a good idea somewhere down the line, if the number of Domination card possibilities increases significantly, to reduce the cost of cards to 3 scoops.

I love a lot of the cards in this thread, and a lot from the Dom Card Suggestions thread. I wouldn’t mind seeing anything come into play as long as it doesn’t eliminate possibilities.

I’m a fan of chaos play, and happen to have more fun hitting people with The bumhole than I do winning a medal, but I’m also aware that when players feel like there is nothing they can do, they stop playing. Regardless of how much fun it could be, I wouldn’t want game stopping cards to be available.

Too powerful as a Domination card: “I like iced cream: No cards for a given week”. This card would create instant team ups gunning for the card on day one locking out every person as they joined the pod. Someone locked out couldn’t Shield, couldn’t wage a counterstrike. Seems like a bad plan as a Domination card choice.

Actually, are these Dom card suggestions or mbum effects? As mbum effect these would be fantastic!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Adding some ideas for discussion (some new, some old):

1) Domination Scoop Fiesta: When you get a scoop, you actually earn a random flava

2) DFF (Domination Favourite Flava): Every time you earn a scoop of a specific flava that week, you get two

2a) Two scoops of flava: Every day during the week, a different flava is chosen, each scoop of the chosen flava that is earned is doubled

2b) Cracker Jacks: Every time you earn a scoop of a designated flava you get a random second scoop

3) Domination Card Fiesta: Everyone starts with a random card (or multiple cards)

4) I like iced cream: No cards for a given week

5) My Favourite Domination : All scoops earned are a specified flava

Most of these seem very long term for a Domination card effect. They would be completely freaking awesome as a wild card situation for entire pods. In other words, as soon as a pod spawns an effect is randomly chosen and impacts the entire round for that pod. I think this would really shake some people up. Card whores trapped in a pod that doesn’t allow cards? This could be huge fun and would also really discourage players from trying to wait to join pods.

I like the idea of increasing the number of scoops available on the board, whether through Dom cards or alternate avenues. I also think a little love could be given to some of the chaos based/destruction based ideas people have put out there. After all if all you really need to do is get lucky by drawing several Shields early on, it’s not much of a challenge. I know that players generally dislike attack cards, of course they dislike them, but without a decent balance of improvement and attack, strategy pretty much doesn’t matter.

Regardless, if any one card was introduced, damn I’d really love to see the one that lets you do something to someone in a different pod. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!