Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Adin Cenbuma (Wizard 4)
Male
Familiar’s Name: Reginald (Rat)

STR 12 (+1)    DEX 14 (+2)    CON 14 (+2)
    INT 16 (+3)    WIS 12 (+1)    CHA 10 (+0)

AC 12
      + 2 Dex Bonus

Initiative:  12 (+2 Dex)
    Fortitude:  +03 (1 base + 2 Con + 2 Rat)
    Reflex:     +03 (1 base + 2 Dex)
    Willpower:  +05 (4 base + 1 Wis)

Base Attack Bonus: +2
    Melee Attack:       3 (+2 BAB, +1 Str)
    Ranged Attack:      4 (+2 BAB, +2 Dex)

School Specialization: Necromancy
Prohibited School: Enchantment

Languages
---------
Common
Draconic

Skills
------
Alchemy               6 (3 ranks + 3 Int)
Concentration         7 (5 ranks + 2 Con)
Knowledge (Religion) 10 (7 ranks + 3 Int)
Knowledge (City)      4 (1 rank  + 3 Int)
Spellcraft            7 (4 ranks + 3 Int)
-----------------------------------------
Spare Skill Points   5

Feats
-----
Skill Focus [Knowledge (Religion)]
	+2 to checks for that area
Silent Spell
	Can cast a spell without verbal components
Enlarge Spell
	A spell has its range doubled
Scribe Scroll
	Ability to scribe scrolls (free)

Equipment
---------
Alchemist’s Fire (5 bottles)               100gp
Alchemist’s Lab (Set up at his house)      500gp
Candles (tons of)                           10gp
Dagger +1                                 2302gp
Spellbook                                   15gp

Firstly: I love you for posting in code. Log in to see images!

Next, are you sure you want to wear leather armour? Because I think you forgot to update the AC section of the character from my template. I’ve made the necessary adjustments to most the whole sheet, so have a look through them again.

What race are you going to be? If you’re human, you get an additional feat at level 1 and +1 skill point per level. The same question applies for the rest of you, by the way: I haven’t seen a single mention of race in any of the sheets!

Re: languages and skills. You get 2 languages for being human, and one additional free language for every point of Int modifier. That means you’ve got 3 more languages (within reason) that you can take if you so desire, or just leave them blank if you don’t like being multi-lingual. Skills, unfortunately, have a maximum rank of 7 at level 4, so I’ve adjusted that too. You’ll need to level up once more as a wizard before you can meet the prerequisites for the prestige clbum.

Re: equipment. I’ll recommend some clothing, first of all. Log in to see images! Have a look at p141 of the file I sent you and choose something you like from there, with appropriate minor changes if you so desire. That aside, you still have 6073gp to play with: a fairly substantial amount of money, even if I say so myself. I’ll recommend considering the following (p732):

- Pearl of Power I/II (1000/4000gp): allows you to recall a level 1 or 2 spell that you just cast once per day, as if you never cast it for that day. Pretty nifty, and very useful indeed. Strongly recommended, A++ will buy again.

– Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp): adds +1 deflection to your AC. Doesn’t seem like much, but deflection bonuses always stack in AC, so it will add up if you eventually get other deflection items.

– Potion of Cure Moderate/Serious Wounds (300/750gp): heals you for 2d8/3d8 worth of damage respectively. Potions are every adventurer’s best friend because even if you’re unconscious, your party members can shove one down your throat as opposed to dragging you along with them.

– Wand of Magic Missiles III (2250gp): what can I say? Magic Missile is a mainstay of D&D, and 2d4+2 damage isn’t anything to scoff at when you’re holding a wand with 50 castings worth of charges. Remember, they ignore armour and always hit, so as long as you are covered, you can whittle down just about anything with Magic Missiles, given time and the lack of magical resistance.

– Wand of Detect Magic (375gp): you’ll be your party’s most valued bumet when you can quickly separate the magical items from the mundane. Your rogue will also love you- hopefully only in a platonic sense, given his character- if you can identify magical traps as being magical. And at 375gp, it’s a steal!

– Brooch of Shielding (1500gp): remember the Wand of Magic Missiles…? Well, this one stops you from being the target of those annoying magic missiles from enemy casters. Absorbs up to 101 points of magic missile damage before breaking.

– Scrolls (variable): since you only know 4+Int modifier spells at level 1, I’ll very strongly recommend that you get as many scrolls as you can so that you can expand your spell repertoire a little. Where a sorcerer’s advantage is the number of spells he can cast in a day, a wizard’s is the number of spells he knows: maximise that advantage! To scribe a spell from a scroll to a spellbook, it will require a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level).

And so on and so forth.

Also, spells. For spellcasters I’ll need to know what spells you know and what spells you have memorised for the day. Remember, you start off with 7 spells at level 1, and learn 2 spells for free every level. However, as mentioned above, if you buy scrolls you can Spellcraft them into your own book. Each spell takes up a number of pages equal to the spell’s level in your spellbook (minimum 1), which starts off at 100 pages. Don’t worry, we’ll get rid of that limit soon enough because I hate counting pages too.

For the life of me I can’t remember how to figure out fortitude and all that fun stuff. Also about the prestige clbum Pale Master you told me about earlier, I took the requirements for it but I’m not sure how prestige clbumes work exactly. When I start one do I start at level 1 or does it keep pace with the amount of levels I have and gah I’m sure I’m just way over thinking this my mind is going in circles. Log in to see images!

Anyway, some help ironing out the wrinkles with what I have right now would be greatly appreciated.

It works exactly like another clbum, except that you need to meet some requirements before you’re allowed to take a level in it; hence the “prestige”. *does the wriggly fingers thing*
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!