Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

...what? You mind explaining things in baby terms to the clueless?

Nothing much to worry about. Suffice to say that, if you do pick fighter as your primary clbum, you will get to challenge Seerow mano-a-mano in single combat. Log in to see images!

GM hax Log in to see images!

Also it’s not just the Fighter that sucks. Also the Paladin, Ranger, and Barbarian. Though you can make an argument for the Ranger if you play 3.5 and have access to a few splatbooks (or even just the Spell Compendium and… I think Complete Warrior. Though throwing Tome of Battle into the mix makes things more fun).

But seriously, in 3rd edition melee clbumes suck because in general they get no useful or interesting abilities. For the most part you are restricted in choice to “Which person do I want to hit” and “How much power attack do I want to use”

Forum Warz recognizes this problem, the recharge time for different attacks isn’t just a balancing feature, it gives everyone a different play-style, different options to use in combat, which is something that melee characters just have.

I mean seriously, when you consider I could have a Cleric that is just as good a fighter as your typical fighter in a 4 encounter per day setting (the standard the game is built upon) or all day with splat books, and still have spells left over that give him different options in combat and healing potential… why would you play a Fighter?

Also: One of the main things that happened in 3.5 was the nerfing of a lot of spells. Since your primary reason for playing 3.0 rather than 3.5 was not liking the spell changes, I don’t see how your game would encourage the playing of melee clbumes any more than anything else, except by bending the rules or skewing encounters specifically to favor them (ie long strings of encounters, usually with lots of weak minions clustered together, and uber items of doom+5 etc)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!