Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Leaderboards need a revamp.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Firstly we have the hoggers. This means people like paraone on the most forum pwned where there is no chance in hell to catch up too him unless he stops playing. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the e-peen but he has had it for like 3 months. This might not need fixing but perhaps something should be done. One possible way to get people involved and not discouraged by the hogg leaderboards is to every week reward the 2nd person and so on unless the person already has that e-peen because at the moment getting on top of most leaderboards is beyond extremely hard.

Secondly are some of the stats, like incit hall of **** votes should definitely be average vote not the amount of votes, because It’s in fact based on who has the highest points, not who has most wins because there’s already a leaderboard for that.

Discuss.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

RESET

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I agree on a reset.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Echuu Posted:

Firstly we have the hoggers. This means people like paraone on the most forum pwned where there is no chance in hell to catch up too him unless he stops playing. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the e-peen but he has had it for like 3 months. This might not need fixing but perhaps something should be done. One possible way to get people involved and not discouraged by the hogg leaderboards is to every week reward the 2nd person and so on unless the person already has that e-peen because at the moment getting on top of most leaderboards is beyond extremely hard.

I don’t see the problem. Some E-Peen are easy, some are harder. Topping some of the leaderboards is a total ****, but there are other E-Peen that are completely unavailable. I personally think it’s weird to hand out E-Peen for “most forums PWNED (except for that one guy that has been on top of the leaderboard for ages)”.

Echuu Posted:

Secondly are some of the stats, like incit hall of **** votes should definitely be average vote not the amount of votes, because It’s in fact based on who has the highest points, not who has most wins because there’s already a leaderboard for that.

Discuss.

Seconded. Average votes on a 10 win minimum seems reasonable.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Yeah i agree the solution probably isn’t the best and thats why i ask for people to give it a thought and give suggestion. And i agree there are boards that are and should be hard, but now theres too many.

Out of the personal ones these are the ones that are screwed in my opinion:

Most Flezz

Most Cred

Most Forums Pwned

Most INCIT Wins

Most Medals (Possibly)

Top Flamebaters (You need to be a male reproductive organ to get this like L2 was.)

Most Popular (Also some male reproductive organery involved.)

Most Hall of **** Votes (Needs the other rewamp)

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Reset the leader boards? It’s not a bad idea at all. A monthly reset could make things a lot more fun and give newer players some hope. It could work like the Domination Season medal reset where you have to earn whatever to make the board. (Ex: You’d need a friend request in the new month or “season” in order to even show up on the board.)

Another possibility is to expand from the current highlander boards. When the leader boards were created, I bumume the character base was considerably smaller. With so few forums and none of the sneaky tricks out there it was pretty balanced. Things have obviously changed. Why not expand to a top 5 or 10? Then if someone wants to continue playing/grinding/whatever they can and there is still wiggle room at the top.

Expanding the to a top 5 or 10 and resetting monthly would make things a hell of a lot more inviting to those who like to play for e-peens.

I just don’t think that the current system is encouraging to newer collector type/goal orientated players. It’s one thing to have the “I was there for it” rewards (Jingjing, cool and time sensitive. Contest peens, pretty damn hard to get.), but should the normal game based things be purely a matter of who got here first?

scully edited this message on 07/04/2008 4:38PM

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’d hate to use a Counterstrike analogy, but I’m going to use a counterstrike analogy.

On many servers I’ve played on, they rank all players by a points system or by their kill-death ratio. On servers with the kill-death ratio, it was easy for any player to catch up and make top10, because it was based purely on merit. However, with many points systems, it was all just a matter of who played and grinded the most, making it very difficult for newcomers to ascend to the top. As far as I can see, very few leaderboards on Forumwarz are based on merit at all, except for Most Medals, as Echuu had said, but that board is already ****ed because domination is ****ed.

Ergo, I support the reset.

I also support expanding E-Peens to the Top 3 or 5 in each category.

TeeKayEff edited this message on 07/04/2008 4:41PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Echuu Posted:

Top Flamebaters (You need to be a male reproductive organ to get this like L2 was.)

I think the perfect solution to these things would be stickying my “Introduce Yourself Thread” and “Talk about Yourself” thread so that I can finally achieve my dream of getting the flamebate epeen and then subsequently kill myself.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Well, I don’t mind that there a E-Peens I’ll never have a chance to get, but TKF is spot on that leaderboards should be based on merit and not just reward players who started earlier. Maybe some leaderboards like Most Flezz and Most Cred should be calculated every day on the average of, say, the last 30 days. That should ensure a constant change on the top. I think expanding E-Peens to the top 5 or 10 wouldn’t be necessary then.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Bumping this in anticipation of the exciting new problem about to to be ****ed about!

The lock out that will be happening in the next 2 weeks to a month due to the trolls with Defaced Mona Lisas grinding the crap out of Faux News is going to add a rather ridiculous dimension to things.

As if the PrayPal at 20 situation wasn’t enough of a problem. At least with PrayPal most players had the chance to diligently grind away sacrificing the consecutive peens in an attempt to catch up. The DML trolls are going to make this a pure mathematical impossibility with their ability to gain over 1.2 million cred per week, they are easily going to outpace those who have been working their way up the boards for months.

Next month’s cred leader board will likely see the top 6 spots held by:

Pluvius

meeeeeeeeee

ChildBandit00

CreepPipe

male reproductive organ Liquor

FLUFFCUTTER

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

though I hace the DML either, I’d prefer a reset. the weekly or monthly leaderboard could be much more motivating. or: let all players drop out of the leaderboard-category they won

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I don’t see how DMLs are bad. I mean, they worked hard grinding to get it. It’s not like it just dropped out of the sky and fell on them.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Grind Praypal, then grind Faux News. It’s an avenue that’s not open to any other clbum. If we had a monthly cred or flezz leaderboard, noone would get a look in except trolls.

Seriously though Scully, couldn’t you have waited until I’d got the peen? Log in to see images!

HOdMandOds

[Team Shortbus]

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

RESET

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Well, I suppose the best option would be to add DML-like items to the other clbumes (Except re-res, they’re the challence clbum, they don’t get a ****ing thing. Ever)

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

And if similar items are added to other clbumes, the hoggers buy those items straight away with their flezz mountains, and the leaderboard is as imbalanced as it always was.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Big Brother Posted:

I don’t see how DMLs are bad. I mean, they worked hard grinding to get it. It’s not like it just dropped out of the sky and fell on them.

I agree that the DML takes work, but due to PrayPal’s ease and high cred, less than a month of work creates a unique situation that is not capable of being overcome by anyone not possessing a DML. I already have the cred and flezz peens, it’s not going to have any impact on me, but seeing those who have been grinding forever inching their way closer it feels hideously skewed. It’s just that without some sort of expansion, monthly or seasonal reset, the leader boards are simply going to become a list of which trolls have a DML.

@ meeeeeeeeee – silly, none of it will be changed before Ep. 2 if at all. And maybe Ep.2 will take care of everything and more closely balance things between the clbumes. As mentioned above re-res are never gonna see big love, and probably shouldn’t, since the point of them is to be all full of re-rebellion. I’m looking at players like Vuron, xXx-Fallen_Angel-xXx, Studly_Pianist, Nillo . . . they’ve been grinding forever. It’s an agonizingly slow process, but progress can be made. A non-troll can’t pace a troll who takes the lead – they have to stop grinding for anyone else to have a shot. We already know that SG94 won’t stop grinding and since male reproductive organ Liquor is her alt, it’s not going to be terribly long before the top spot is permanently unattainable.

scully edited this message on 07/21/2008 10:11AM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Checks and balances. There need to be bigger incentives to run smaller forums, so you’re sacrificing something to grind the bigger forums. Right now grinding Faux News is all pluses (just as it was for Praypal before) I get 3 lemon, 8000 flezz per visit (after expenses) and 45k cred per visit. And, despite my knowing what’s best, I don’t want it to end Log in to see images! meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/21/2008 10:42AM

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I know! How about an Epeen that you get for having beaten all the fourms, that goes away whenever a new forum is released that was not pwned? So, to maintain it you have to pwn all new forums, including the Jojo-level ones.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Once a player has held the top spot for a time period (month?) they’re removed from contention to a separate (‘legends’ ) board which isn’t ranked by cred, just a list of names.

Separate lists for each clbum (if they’re not balanced with each other, they shouldn’t be listed together anyway) so 4 peens awarded for each (time period of X) Yes, that would include re-res.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/21/2008 10:41AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!