Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Suggestion to stop "why was [insert name here] banned" topics.

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Make a page that lists all the bans, with character name and reason why they were banned.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

agreed

need something similar to SA’s leper colony

Tangolho

[Team Shortbus]

Level 24 Troll

The Repeater

Signed.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Kinda makes me think of jail in Monopoly… /nerd

signed

Manphibian

Avatar: 47886 Sat Jan 24 22:45:33 -0500 2009

Level 9 Re-Re

LETS MAKE SOME TADPOLES BABY

This makes sense

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

signed

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I haven’t seen a rash of “why was [insert name here] banned” threads. Just the one.

Regardless, I’m not too psyched by this idea. When I ban someone I usually either edit the offensive post, post after it in the offending thread, or post elsewhere. The exception is with illegal alts, which are usually handled behind the scenes. Why clutter up the place with a list? And why give banned people the attention they seem to be craving by highlighting them?

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I’ve seen a few. If they are banned who cares if the attention is gave to them? If they crave it again and do another bannable offense they will be banned again and eventually a perma-ban.

bumhat90210

Level 1 Re-Re

MC Banhammer Posted:

I haven’t seen a rash of “why was [insert name here] banned” threads. Just the one.

Regardless, I’m not too psyched by this idea. When I ban someone I usually either edit the offensive post, post after it in the offending thread, or post elsewhere. The exception is with illegal alts, which are usually handled behind the scenes. Why clutter up the place with a list? And why give banned people the attention they seem to be craving by highlighting them?

What’s the point of banning someone if you don’t tell them why they were banned?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

bumhat90210 Posted:

What’s the point of banning someone if you don’t tell them why they were banned?

We tell them why they’re banned unless it’s painfully obvious. You should know.

bumhat90211

Level 1 Re-Re

MC Banhammer Posted:

We tell them why they’re banned unless it’s painfully obvious. You should know.

Indeed? And what if what’s obvious to you isn’t obvious to them? Why do you give them no chance to defend themselves, or at least explain their reasons? The rules were made to protect people, but when you enforce them blindly you protect no one and only make people angry.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

bumhat90211 Posted:

Indeed? And what if what’s obvious to you isn’t obvious to them? Why do you give them no chance to defend themselves, or at least explain their reasons? The rules were made to protect people, but when you enforce them blindly you protect no one and only make people angry.

If they want to defend themselves they have an appeal ability to Evil Trout. Their reasons are not always pertinent, for example, embedding shock pics is an auto-ban, reason or no. And for people who keep getting banned over and over for the same thing, they should understand what the problem is. If not, they should take it to tubmail when they come back before doing the same bannable thing over and over again.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I approve of this. Ban logs are always helpful.

bumhat90212

Level 1 Re-Re

MC Banhammer Posted:

You know what you’re doing wrong. I don’t have to spell it out for you.

Well, I know what I’m doing, which is creating an account in order to ask what I’m doing wrong. Therefore, I will bumume that this is what I’m doing wrong. In principle, second accounts are wrong, because of the potential to be exploited. However, I think it’s safe to say that I am not exploiting the usage of a second account. Were I using a second account to, let’s say, spam, insult people, vote myself up in incit or forumbuildr, or do anything like that, that would be abuse. But I’m clearly not. I was hoping that, in light of the pure harmlessness of my actions, you would be willing to have a reasonable conversation. I am disappointed to find that this does not seem to be the case.

And for people who keep getting banned over and over for the same thing, they should understand what the problem is. If not, they should take it to tubmail when they come back before doing the same bannable thing over and over again.

Well, I’m inclined to agree with the tubmail suggestion. However, I’ll continue to bumume that creating a second account is the problem. (I would be surprised to learn that asking what I’m doing wrong is the problem.) How, then, would you suggest I tubmail you before creating a second account?

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

I’ve got an idea how to stop all of the “unban xxx posts”. Make starting them a banning offense.

I’m not kidding. This is not the free clinic, this is a playground owned by someone else, and they don’t owe the community a reason. They owe the banned player a reason, and that’s it.

Now, doing it in an RP forum as trolling, maybe funny. Doing it for serious, tl;dr, usually glad to see the person gone until they chill out.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Janie Posted:

all of the “unban xxx posts”

You mean all one of them?

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 07/03/2008 7:02PM

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

SG94 Posted:

You mean all one of them?

You think we’ve only had one “unban xxx post” on these boards, ever? I didn’t say the “why was xxx banned?” posts.

JacksonKelley

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 47 Troll

I'm a doctor, not a fabulous persongy loser like YOU.

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I will discuss my idea to make .jpg script signatures a bannable offense in a new thread.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Janie Posted:

You think we’ve only had one “unban xxx post” on these boards, ever? I didn’t say the “why was xxx banned?” posts.

Virtually all of them were in RP. Which is right where they belong imo. I don’t see the problem.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!