Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Suggestion: Diminishing returns on forum pwning

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

The current system encourages players who want as much cred and flezz as possible to pwn the same forum over and over, for example PrayPal. This is not fun to do. You aren’t enjoying the content of the PrayPal forum the eleventh time you’re pwning it in a row, it’s only a chore. I think the system should be modified to encourage players to pwn different forums during their day.

So here’s a suggestion: Diminishing returns. The game checks how many times you’ve pwned a forum today, and decreases cred and flezz gain accordingly. For example, you might get 10% less cred if you’ve already pwned this forum once today, 20% less after two, and so on, to a maximum of 50% less.

What are your opinions about such a mechanism? Discuss.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Nillo Posted:

The current system encourages players who want as much cred and flezz as possible to pwn the same forum over and over, for example PrayPal. This is not fun to do. You aren’t enjoying the content of the PrayPal forum the eleventh time you’re pwning it in a row, it’s only a chore. I think the system should be modified to encourage players to pwn different forums during their day.

So here’s a suggestion: Diminishing returns. The game checks how many times you’ve pwned a forum today, and decreases cred and flezz gain accordingly. For example, you might get 10% less cred if you’ve already pwned this forum once today, 20% less after two, and so on, to a maximum of 50% less.

Would be fun for one day, then I’d have figured out how to max it and do my daily chore again.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Nillo Posted:

eh, people will always find a way to turn the game into a chore. it’s sad, but you can’t really do anyting about it.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

SG94 Posted:

Would be fun for one day, then I’d have figured out how to max it and do my daily chore again.

That and it would also punish speedruns.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Eh, it wouldn’t punish speedruns if you did them in moderation. If you speedrun four different forums there is no penalty.

And SG94, would it be so easy to figure out, though? At the very least, if you discover that the optimal play is to pwn one forum two times, then another forum once, then the last forum once, for example, that’s certainly a lot more interesting than just pwning one forum, and the optimal play is more liable to change as more forums are introduced.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!