Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay TELL ME WHAT MOVIES AND VIDEO GAMES TO GET

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I hate to side with L2 but it’s right. Bioshock is a must. Plus you can plow through it in a weekend easily.

FUKHED FUKKE-
R FUK

Level 1 Re-Re

mislmu smilmlcre ukil dem it funis

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

As far as horror films, most are pretty hit and miss. The last horrorish movie I liked was 28 weeks later (which i’m absolutely ****ing OBSESSED with now, btw) but i’ll make sure to get those as well. I mean, hey, it’s not as if I’m losing any money on it. And if I watch it with friends and it sucks we can make fabulous person comments throughout it. Log in to see images!

Out of the films I suggested, I would start with Oldboy and Audition. They’re both amazing torture flicks because they focus less on gore than they do at creating a protagonist you can actually care about.

Speaking of foreign films, I also suggest Amelie and Delicatessen.

Also, you should check out the first two seasons of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”. It’s easily one of the best television shows in recent history, and definitely the most brilliant comedy.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Something_Witty Posted:

If I suggested movies I’d probably be laughed at by people who actually watch decent ones, so I’ll just recommend games instead.

Firstly, what genre(s) are you most keen on? I mostly know PS2, I hear about good 360 games but haven’t actually played most of them Log in to see images!

I suppose “action” games. First person shooters are cool, spy games are awesome. I’m not a big fan of RPGs like final fantasy.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

FoetalBlowjob Posted:

hero

pi

death at a funeral

braindead

haven’t seen any of this ****. foetal if these movies are **** then I am booting you from tsb forever.

FAIL Posted:

Rent these movies NOW:

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Battle Royale

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Master of the Flying Guillotine

more later

SAME GOES FOR YOU FAIL

But I looked up the first one and that looks awesome, so I’ll trust you.

Lara Croft Posted:

Out of the films I suggested, I would start with Oldboy and Audition. They’re both amazing torture flicks because they focus less on gore than they do at creating a protagonist you can actually care about.

Awesome.

I’m not a fan of gore at all, not because it’s sickening or anything – it’s just boring. But I love “deep” horror flicks. Log in to see images!

Amelie is amazing. =D

Haven’t heard of Delicatessen, but I’ll definitely get that ****. We seem to have very similar tastes, despite our differences in the RPG forums.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE FUN OF YOU WHEN WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON Log in to see images!

Also, you should check out the first two seasons of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”. It’s easily one of the best television shows in recent history, and definitely the most brilliant comedy.

I ****ing love that show.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Lara Croft Posted:

These are both amazing films. Also by the same writer & director: My very favourite movie of all time, The City of Lost Children. [Important to get the subtitled version, though. There’s an overdubbed one with terrible voice acting & bad translation that kind of ruins the whole thing.]

enire edited this message on 06/26/2008 12:50PM

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

enire Posted:

The City of Lost Children]

**** yes.

Also check out Children of Men. Completely different and unrelated but it also has children in the title and is still fecking awesome. If you haven’t seen There Will Be Blood yet, get that too.

EDIT: Oldboy is a must, too. Easily my favorite movie with the greatest plot twist of all time.

TeeKayEff edited this message on 06/26/2008 12:58PM

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

TeeKayEff Posted:

**** yes.

Also check out Children of Men. Completely different and unrelated but it also has children in the title and is still fecking awesome. If you haven’t seen There Will Be Blood yet, get that too.

EDIT: Oldboy is a must, too. Easily my favorite movie with the greatest plot twist of all time.

There Will Be Blood is ****ing awesome Log in to see images!

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I also strongly support Foetal’s suggestions of Pi, Braindead (or Dead Alive) and Death at a Funeral. If you like creepy Japanese films, check out other stuff by the director of Audition, Takashi Miike. I suggest The Happiness of the Katakuris, by far the strangest movie I’ve ever seen, and Ichi the Killer, but only if you have an exceptionally tough stomach. Seriously, watch Ichi the Killer at your own discretion.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

all of the above french films are from the same director. that is probably why they are all awesome. (I love all 3) he also did alien resurrection, but I never saw that.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

all of the above french films are from the same director. that is probably why they are all awesome. (I love all 3) he also did alien resurrection, but I never saw that.

Alien Resurrection was a huge disappointment for me. If you’ve seen it, please don’t pre-judge the other 3 films because of it.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

I suppose “action” games. First person shooters are cool, spy games are awesome. I’m not a big fan of RPGs like final fantasy.

Alrighty. Well, for PS2, I could recommend any of the following off the top of my head, that I’ve played:

Action/Adventure:

RESIDENT EVIL 4 (ultimate zombie B-movie in game form. Laughably cheesy dialogue, generic story, really ****ing awesome action. YOU CAN SHOOT A ZOMBIE IN THE HEAD, ROUNDHOUSE KICK IT, THEN STAB IT TO DEATH. THIS GAME RULES)

Devil May Cry 1 or 3 (2 sucked donkey balls)

any Ratchet & Clank game

any Jak & Daxter game

Prince of Persia 1, 2 or 3 (2 less so)

Viewtiful Joe

Okami

Alien Hominid

The Red Star

God Hand

Shadow of the Colossus

007: Everything or Nothing

(God of War is hideously overrated IMO, it’s like a dumbed-down DMC 1 or 3 with far less challenge and far more gore and over-dramaticness)

FPS:

Timesplitters 2 or Future Perfect

Black

Deus Ex (def. nowhere near as good as the PC version though)

Half-Life (same as Deus Ex)

Spy/Stealth:

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (3 moreso, only because 2 is ****ing confusing if you haven’t played 1)

Hope that helps out a little Log in to see images! Something_Witty edited this message on 06/26/2008 1:21PM

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Ah, it’s just I remember you mentioning a game along the same lines as well.

I’ll sure as hell get that. What’s that other movie you like, american psycho? Or maybe it’s the book. idk. I just remember you once saying it was sick as **** or something.

American Psycho is ****ing incredible too. Get it get it get it!

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

If you like Amelie, you’ll love A Very Long Engagement. All the same people, but longer and darker.

On a completely different note: You have to see Pink Flamingos.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

kay. so i made a list. Log in to see images!

GAMES:

BIOSHOCK

OKAMI

VIETIFUL JOE

PRINCE OF PERSIA 3 (ALREADY PLAYED THE FIRST. IT WAS AWESOME.)

RED STAR

GODHAND

Shadow of the Colossus

TIME SPLITTERS IS AWESOME

BLACK

HALF LIFE

DEUS EX

I ****ING LOVE METAL GEAR SOLID.

VIDEOS:

INTACTO

OLDBOY

ALICE

AMERICAN PSYCHO

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Battle Royale

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Master of the Flying Guillotine

Delicatessen

AUDITION

THE CITY OF LOST CHILREN

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

POSSIBLE MOVIE RENTALS:

MAY

ICHI THE KILLER

PI

BRAINDEAD

DEATH AT A FUNERAL

POSSIBLE GAME RENTALS:

NINJA GAIDEN

RESIDENT EVIL

HELL NO:

PINK FLAMINGOS

(i hear its the worst movie ever)

CAPTAIN SODA

[THE BURGER KING BI-
RTHDAY POWAR CLUB
]

Level 12 Re-Re

LEGALLY PATENTED THE ROUNDHOUSE KICK

I agree with SOMETHING WITTY’s suggestion of God Hand.

Best boss fight ever:

CAPTAIN SODA edited this message on 06/26/2008 2:25PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

okay guys i got bioshock and will play it once my headache goes away Log in to see images!

UnstoppableC-
han

Avatar: 43381 Sat Jun 27 00:58:41 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Can I also suggest Jade Empire? It IS an RPG, but definitely not Final Fantasy style turn-based. You might enjoy it, you might not, and anyway I don’t know if it’s backwards compatible with the 360. Halo’s obvious… I’m out of good games.

For movies, I’d suggest Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer – it’s fantastic and it’s basically the role that got Robert Downey Jr. the role as Iron Man. Memento’s fantastic if you haven’t seen it already, and if we’re talking terror-horror then I also point to REC, as it is really scary.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

okay guys i got bioshock and will play it once my headache goes away Log in to see images!

Just a little tip: Telekinesis is the only plasmid/weapon you need for like…80% of the game. I wouldn’t waste much time with any of the others.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Lara Croft Posted:

Just a little tip: Telekinesis is the only plasmid/weapon you need for like…80% of the game. I wouldn’t waste much time with any of the others.

oh lol. i just got done playing it (needed a break) and right then i had gotten telekinesis, and to think, i was sad about parting with my electricity thingy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!