Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Muslim Mbumacre? WTF?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Tesfan Posted:

Not enough? I humbly disagree; we have the KKK forum, directed at white supremacists, God Hates Facts, directed at white Christian fanatics, and Faux News, directed at white conservative fundamentalists. Log in to see images!

I think it’s worth mentioning that God Hates Facts pulled in over 400 up votes, twice as much as Wiccapedia got…if that’s any measure of how much people like to make fun of Christian fanaticism.

Anyway – it’s unquestionably racist. The question is whether or not the game’s audience, particularly Americans, is still as susceptible to blatant anti-Arab/Muslim content as they were 7 years ago (after 9/11).

In respect to this, I think Americans are becoming less susceptible to anti-Muslim propaganda and media, and that this game appeals to only a niche audience that still desperately hates Muslims and Arabs. This isn’t to say that the majority of people are completely acceptant of Muslims…just enough to know that this game is blatantly offensive.

Overall, the vibe I get from recent media (a good example being Iron Man) is that “Muslims and Arabs are okay, it’s just those damn terrorists that are evil.” Which is a naive stereotype in it’s own right, but at least we’re not seeing mosques being burnt down anymore.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Lara Croft Posted:

I think it’s worth mentioning that God Hates Facts pulled in over 400 up votes, twice as much as Wiccapedia got…if that’s any measure of how much people like to make fun of Christian fanaticism.

Anyway – it’s unquestionably racist. The question is whether or not the game’s audience, particularly Americans, is still as susceptible to blatant anti-Arab/Muslim content as they were 7 years ago (after 9/11).

In respect to this, I think Americans are becoming less susceptible to anti-Muslim propaganda and media, and that this game appeals to only a niche audience that still desperately hates Muslims and Arabs. This isn’t to say that the majority of people are completely acceptant of Muslims…just enough to know that this game is blatantly offensive.

Overall, the vibe I get from recent media (a good example being Iron Man) is that “Muslims and Arabs are okay, it’s just those damn terrorists that are evil.” Which is a naive stereotype in it’s own right, but at least we’re not seeing mosques being burnt down anymore.

The game is clearly going the irony route.

However, the sense that I get from those around me is that, sure muslims are people, but they’re not worthy of trust. They’ve been put on the level of “subhuman”. Distant folks who we rarely interact with but collectively judge.

Of course, this is just someone from Kansas speaking. But it’s the vibe I’m getting, and not just from the white community.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

They’re always the bad guys in movies, besides us damn latinos and stuff… and the bad guys on the news, besides blacks and stuff…

But yeah it’s just unfunny/uncreative.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 06/25/2008 4:55PM

amaranthus

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

And I don’t really have an argument for it. I guess I just don’t…care?

My comments about some stuff in FWZ going beyond my personal comfort zone were tangential to my point, anyways. My point is that I like FWZ because it makes fun of pretty much everyone and because there’s enough funny in it for me to overlook the bits that I’m uncomfortable with.

MM is only targeting one group, and it’s not making “fun” of anyone.

Edit: ITT, more evidence of how enire will never keep his alts secret.

amaranthus edited this message on 06/25/2008 5:03PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

elenaratelimit Posted:

They’re always the bad guys in movies, besides us damn latinos and stuff… and the bad guys on the news, besides blacks and stuff…

But yeah it’s just unfunny/uncreative.

I’m not sure as if that’s a fair characterization. There are an awful lot of white villians, though I don’t have any statistics to back up whether or not there are more than minority ones.

I think the thing about minorities in movies is that there’s no safe route:

Minority villians: What, you think we’re all bad guys? Way to stereotype.

Minority good guys: Man, things are too politically correct nowadays.

No minorities: What the hell man.

Neutral minorities: What, you just felt like you had to throw one of us in there?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

amaranthus Posted:

My comments about some stuff in FWZ going beyond my personal comfort zone were tangential to my point, anyways. My point is that I like FWZ because it makes fun of pretty much everyone and because there’s enough funny in it for me to overlook the bits that I’m uncomfortable with.

MM is only targeting one group, and it’s not making “fun” of anyone.

Sorry, it’s just the noticed the rp bit and felt like I should defend myself by uh, not defending myself.

Yeah, I’m not sure what I was doing there. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

The game is clearly going the irony route.

However, the sense that I get from those around me is that, sure muslims are people, but they’re not worthy of trust. They’ve been put on the level of “subhuman”. Distant folks who we rarely interact with but collectively judge.

Of course, this is just someone from Kansas speaking. But it’s the vibe I’m getting, and not just from the white community.

Well, of course different sources will say different things, and people will interpret what they hear differently…so that’s a way to go. But…for instance, in Iron Man: there’s a scene where the Arab terrorists are terrorizing innocent men and women, namely kidnapping. Of course, Iron Man flies in and kills the terrorists while rescuing the innocents, much to their thanks.

This is a scene I’ve seen done in a lot of recent movies. Since Iraq became a democracy, I think America’s developed a condescending admiration of it’s people (keep in mind, that to many Americans, Arabs, Muslims, and the Iraqi people are all the same thing). It’s a sense that “at least they’re TRYING to be good people”, and that America has to beat-up the bullies (terrorists) who are picking on them.

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

look at how dumb you are

(america hates all brown people no questions asked)

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I’m not sure as if that’s a fair characterization. There are an awful lot of white villians, though I don’t have any statistics to back up whether or not there are more than minority ones.

I think the thing about minorities in movies is that there’s no safe route:

Minority villians: What, you think we’re all bad guys? Way to stereotype.

Minority good guys: Man, things are too politically correct nowadays.

No minorities: What the hell man.

Neutral minorities: What, you just felt like you had to throw one of us in there?

The safe route is to make them the bad guys anyway and blow their brains out (but have some black dude like Jamie Foxx or some other minority to do it).

Affirmative action murder!

Fook mi

Avatar: 38190 Sat Jan 17 06:06:58 -0500 2009

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Its offensive without any form of humor.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Seems like a pretty funny game. And an interesting commentary on race relations.

And by that I mean “**** muslims”

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

Got to Stage 6 with 874 kills. Christ, those suicide bombers and trains keep getting me. The Shotgun seems to be the best weapon, and Grenades rock.

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

I’m finding this game to be surprisingly addicting. The effects of explosive weapons to the terrain is a really nice touch. I wasted all my grenades just to put holes in the ground.

Anyways, as far as humor, I also find this game somewhat amusing. Not in the “LOL IM KILLIN TERRORISTS!” kinda way, but in the same way that I find killing the Nazis in Wolfenstein to be amusing.

Overall: It’s a fun, fast-paced game, and if it were any other group or organization featured as the enemy, I wouldn’t find it offensive, because it’s just a game.

(Though I would like to see a version where you get to kill furries.)

Edit: Oh, and I got to level 2, where I died for the first time. I felt like a failure so I stopped to type out this post. Log in to see images! Agent_Orange edited this message on 06/26/2008 6:44AM

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

I died on Stage 2, but that’s because of SCIENCE

Rocket Launchers can’t hurt you, while grenades can. ;3

my_mother

Avatar: 43437 Sun Nov 23 19:27:56 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

my woman's genitals smells like freedom

I’m sure you’ve all heard of the game Battle Raper : the Wiki entry

I’m about as offended by enjoy as I am by racism (ie not much).

Just kidding, I find both pretty offensive but at the same time I don’t think it’s promoting real life behaviour. Anymore so than people who play Mario trying to jump on turtles? I don’t know, despite being here I am not into video games, but I was trying to draw an analogy here, but failed.

Draconos

Level 15 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

The game is defenitly there just to be offensive. Forumwarz is pretty much just a spin on internet culture, which in my opionon isn’t as bad as just blatently having a game where the main objective is to kill as many muslims as possible.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Draconos Posted:

The game is defenitly there just to be offensive. Forumwarz is pretty much just a spin on internet culture, which in my opionon isn’t as bad as just blatently having a game where the main objective is to kill as many muslims as possible.

i hope you’re joking

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

actually i hope most people in this thread are joking

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!