Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Abolish the modest improvement

Silent Disapproval Bot edited this message on 06/23/2008 8:47PM

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Yeah **** card limit

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Or how about MIs stay, but they’re nerfed? Like they give you 1 scoop.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Big Brother Posted:

Or how about MIs stay, but they’re nerfed? Like they give you 1 scoop.

It wouldn’t change the strategy at all.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

how about MIs get rarer and a new card is added, much more common, that only gives one scoop. or gives you a scoop but also gives a random player a scoop as well?

Esperanza

Level 21 Emo Kid

You got BP? I will let you put it in my bum.

Or we could make cards cost 1 or 2 more scoops. That’d make the MI strategy more impractical.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

anyway whatever changes are made its going to settle on whatever known tactic works best and boil down to that every time. I don’t think removing the MI will increase strategic variety.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Esperanza Posted:

Or we could make cards cost 1 or 2 more scoops. That’d make the MI strategy more impractical.

still’d be the only way to keep scoops in competitive brackets though.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

how about MIs get rarer and a new card is added, much more common, that only gives one scoop. or gives you a scoop but also gives a random player a scoop as well?

My only problem with that is, people would still invest scoops into modest improvements and that card.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

anyway whatever changes are made its going to settle on whatever known tactic works best and boil down to that every time. I don’t think removing the MI will increase strategic variety.

Ok, suppose the MI is removed. What would be your tactic?

Esperanza

Level 21 Emo Kid

You got BP? I will let you put it in my bum.

Or how about using the MI removes 2 scoops from everyone else instead of adding 2 to you?

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

easy you card up for shields, and thieves, and bumholes, maybe switcheroos, then at the last few minutes you do a coordinated lemon/pistachio run, and fill in gaps with thieves from people who aren’t really playing, or who don’t have shields.

if you can manage this while your clan is doing a last minute raid, basically you’d have it in the bag every week. probably also huge forumbuildr downvoting trends around that time as well.

it’d just mean more lag around the end of the match, and nearly identical scoop totals. trolls would be at a larger disadvantage than they are now.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

reasons: without modies it’d just be a last minute pistachio/lemon/vanilla run or last minute raids and whoever could do that would win.

Right now it’s exponentially more broken than this. It doesn’t come down to last minute raids and runs (which happen anyway), it comes to last second mbum card usages, which may not leave trolls disadvantaged, but DOES leave everyone-except-the-40-people-who-actually-raid-and-also-LOL-HEADSETS disadvantaged, which is equivalent to about n – 40 people, which is a lot, given that n equals everyone who plays forumwarz.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

easy you card up for shields, and thieves, and bumholes, maybe switcheroos, then at the last few minutes you do a coordinated lemon/pistachio run, and fill in gaps with thieves from people who aren’t really playing, or who don’t have shields.

if you can manage this while your clan is doing a last minute raid, basically you’d have it in the bag every week. probably also huge forumbuildr downvoting trends around that time as well.

it’d just mean more lag around the end of the match, and nearly identical scoop totals. trolls would be at a larger disadvantage than they are now.

Thieves are much less useful than modest improvements, since a modest improvement is guaranteed to give you the flavor you need. Thieves, on the other hand, very likely will not (unless for some reason you need lemon sherbet or pistachio.)

And I don’t see what this has to do with trolls.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I don’t have a problem with MI’s but card limits would be nice. Log in to see images!

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Silent Disapproval Bot Posted:

I think maybe they need to make the “You are NOT posting in a RPG forum!” warning bigger.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well last second MI spam as the only means of winning is a bit of a problem, but the problem isn’t the existence of the MI, it the bumhole which makes hoarding MIs the only viable option. without bumholes people could leave their scoops out. in a war of attrition a player who doesn’t card down would have the advantage. of course so would vanilla raiders. (which brings us back around to clan vanilla being a problem as well, but also one of the only parts of the game that encourage comradery.)

reducing it to lemon runs and thievery for those last few scoops isn’t the solution, IMO.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

(but also one of the only parts of the game that encourage comradery.)

Then again, since when is the internet about camraderie? Regardless, I agree. Removing -or better yet, changing- the bumhole card would also work.

Suggestion: New bumhole card removes one scoop from every player in the team.

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

I think a theme week without MIs would be interesting but I don’t like the idea of taking them out of the game altogether.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The Modest Improvement is obviously the best “secure scoop” choice right now after the Shield. It has more flexibility than The Shield as you can decide what scoop it guarantees.

Raiding or not, the Mod is one of the few things that can give a troll (without the Mona Lisa) or re-re equal footing. A re-re isn’t going to be able to manage a 36 forum loop on any regular basis, and they certainly aren’t going to get lemon scoops for most of the forums if they did. The footrace is fun, but it very heavily favors certain clbumes. Maybe that won’t be the case with Ep. 2.

I would love to see a card limit theme week to try that out. You may only have x cards at one time, that would be an awesome amount of fun, but would also really push The Shield into being even more powerful. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong, just seems that with limited cards scoop protection would be the only real choice. *shrug*

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!