Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Learn to raid by taking part in raids.

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

I learned alot.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I thought it was a lot of fun, mainly because we had some of the big guys under one roof for a moment. Not sure whether it’s something I’ll want to do multiple times a week, though, but a definite indication that 10 hour raids are utterly pathetic (another indication would be that they take TEN ****ING HOURS).

I can’t say I learnt THAT much, which is actually good news: raiding is accessible. However it really overpowers alts and that’s something I personally don’t like: I’m pretty alt-heavy but I don’t like to buy myself medals.

My position that raiding is simply not fun enough to be the main source of scoops in domination still stands, though. A rebalance, preferably by introducing more sources of scoops, still seems necessary to give those who don’t like the 12-11-12 counting game a chance to compete.

That being said, turnout was a bit low, with few actual newbies. If anything like this should be organized again (and if there is a considerable demand, I’m perfectly willing to contribute), I reccommend anyone to participate. Just being in a raid with a couple of folks who know what they’re doing is really the best way to learn.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

SG94 Posted:

I’m pretty alt-heavy but I don’t like to buy myself medals.

Yeah, physically running alt visits within a set time frame, that’s far more like buying a medal than gambling for 8 hours a day. You must be joking.

Sorry, just tired. I get frustrated when people get angsty about the one and only solution for a solo player or small group. Our main thought with alts is that it’s tough to find 20 people with a matching schedule. It can happen, and has happened in the past, after all we watched Sisters and Flamers and Knights get so overblown as to be swarming the site with active bodies. I just think that is unrealistic for most players. It far more realistic to try to get 5 to 10 people with a couple alts each to supply the body count needed to raid effectively. You took part in the raid we ran, 2 people could do it. It’d be a **** to keep control if you hit interference, but it’s completely possible. The number one Domination complaint is that klan vanilla is so much more powerful. How on earth can it be bad for 4 or 5 people to be able to do the same thing that 20 can?

As for newbies, frankly I didn’t expect many – there are very few on Flamebate. I hoped that some of the klans that weren’t actively raiding would send someone in to learn. I was quite pleased. If nothing comes of it that will be too bad, but it was time we would have spent raiding sometime this week anyway.

scully edited this message on 06/29/2008 1:38AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!