Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature ForumHelper (the Brainfreeze script)

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Suggestions (some very easy to implement, others less so)

– counts for other klans, to keep track of how others raids are going, for disruption or coordination purposes (2 klans raiding at the same time can earn scoops much faster than just 1)

– count for individual players, to keep track of your own ‘raids’

– clickable columns for sorting by klan, forum difficulty, player name etc as well as the default of time

– information onscreen about speedrunning, so you know which forums to take and how quickly if you want lemons

– some kind of pistachio tracker (no idea what form that would take though)

1.2.5 is public domain now. Go ahead and start writing. Arktor already has.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’d prefer to influence others to do the work on my behalf, but can manage at least part of my suggestions list Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’m going to confirm that I was told about this script and said it was okay to use.

I don’t mind people screwing with the game UI at their own risk. If the suggestions are useful enough we can even integrate them into the game.

Having said that I don’t want people to write scripts that kill the server with all sorts of bad requests or unnecessary polling of resources. This one doesn’t do anything remotely close to that, but it’s worth saying in public somewhere.

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The only thing I request is a script that makes use of the barren no mans land that is the entire right half of the main page. Maybe a way to put a search query and some RSS feeds there. Then ForumWarz would be the ultimate homepage for my browser.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

SuperHappyFunKitty Posted:

The only thing I request is a script that makes use of the barren no mans land that is the entire right half of the main page. Maybe a way to put a search query and some RSS feeds there. Then ForumWarz would be the ultimate homepage for my browser.

That would be a good place to park a compact list of forums/shops/etc I think. Shouldn’t be too hard to do and you’d have everything at your fingertips.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

– count for individual players, to keep track of your own ‘raids’

Oh, that reminds me, I meant to mention that… you could just type in your profile link instead of the klan link in my version, under klan. i.e. http://forumwarz.com/profiles/thisismyname. You might also have to change the initial count = -1 to count = 0. At any rate, the foundation is there, it shouldn’t require more than modifying two lines.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Veer Posted:

i swear to god if forumwarz goes the way of kol and requires scripts to play effectively i am going to murder evil trout in his sleep

this script looks like a start

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

When this script was released I cried a little inside.

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I should probably point out that the latest version, 1.3.37, has been uploaded.

It includes support for the latest forums and next week’s forum Teen Mommies.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

is that all thats new? ive been updating it my self.. and tweaking things

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ronnie Blaze Posted:

is that all thats new? ive been updating it my self.. and tweaking things

Ronnie, are you confused about which forum you are in or are you just a jackbum?

Invariel and Brainfreeze were gracious and generous to make the script public. Regardless what happens with klan vanilla, it is a wonderful tool for any Domination player to use.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

scullyangel Posted:

Ronnie, are you confused about which forum you are in or are you just a jackbum?

Invariel and Brainfreeze were gracious and generous to make the script public. Regardless what happens with klan vanilla, it is a wonderful tool for any Domination player to use.

i wasnt trying to be a jackbum, i just asked if that was only thing that was updated in the script, i have been keeping it up todate with the new forums myself. i was just wondering if they added anything new to it.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Sorry, man. I need to stay the hell off here for a few days. Everything I read feels aggressive or ****y. My new schedule has me getting almost no sleep and I seem to be managing to let nothing at all get on my nerves. Log in to see images!

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Sorry, man. I need to stay the hell off here for a few days. Everything I read feels aggressive or ****y. My new schedule has me getting almost no sleep and I seem to be managing to let nothing at all get on my nerves. Log in to see images!

no worries, most people do tell me that i come off like an bumhole

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

Yes, the only things that have been added are links for the new fora.

If you want to add to it on your own, feel free. I am not adding anyone’s homebrew stuff into it, but I have said that I will maintain it for as long as I continue to log into ForumWarz.

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

1.3.4 is live, containing support for this week’s forum and tenative support for next week’s.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Cool, thanks.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!