Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun DOMINATION THEME WEEK: June 18

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Whoops, accidental double post. Anyway, the cap might even be as low as 80 for those who don’t find out about the theme until it starts tonight.

Pluvius edited this message on 06/18/2008 4:43PM

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Pluvius Posted:

36 visits (which would be 120 scoops, not 140). For people like me who are only playing Domination this week because of the just-announced theme, the theoretical cap is more likely to be 100.

bumuming you have 12 visits banked for this evening you can use 40 visits this week. For solo vanilla it’s best to use visits in full sets of 12.

For a fully optimized solo vanilla run you will get 9 x 5 scoops in a 12 visit run. Three sets in a week nets you 135. You can do a final run of 4 forums next Wednesday. Grand total is 140 scoops.

Of course it’s exceedingly unlikely that you will be able to get such optimized runs and even if you do you will likely sacrifice some pistachios and yellows doing it. However it should make solo players ability to grief much much more fun.

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

This is really going to be a week where the last minute card plays will effect everything. And the no Shields means that people will be bumhole-ing earlier in the week as well. Though, I can’t wait to see what happens.

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

THEORETICAL CAP

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

WITH NO VISITS ON DAY 0

let’s say you are pwning around visit-rollover with 12 visits:

you spend the first 4 visits: +5

you spend the 8 visits you had left: +40

you spend the 4 visits you got after rollover: +20

total day 3/4: +65 scoops

The day of domination round end you burn your visits solo (you’ve got 12 again):

you spend your first 4 visits: +5

you spend the 8 last visits you have left: +40

total day 7: +45 scoops

with no visits on day zero:

*** THEORETICAL SOLO CAP = 110 scoops ***

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

WITH 12 VISITS ON DAY 0

let’s say you are pwning around visit-rollover with 12 visits:

total day 0/1: +65 scoops

let’s say you are pwning around visit-rollover with 12 visits again four:

total day 4/5: +65 scoops

two days later before rollover end you burn your last 8 visits:

you spend the 4 visits you have left: +20

total day 7: +25 scoops

with 12 visits on day zero:

*** THEORETICAL SOLO CAP = 155 scoops ***

Rastanarcharismarx edited this message on 06/18/2008 10:00PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Nice edit, Rastanarcharismarx. I like pie.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 06/18/2008 10:03PM

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Yeah, I forgot that the fourth visit counts too. I also somehow forgot that people would be min-maxy enough to wait until rollover to technically get a 16-visit run.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

so yeah, it appears this method helps solo players get vanilla, but it also helps clans get EVEN MORE vanilla – on an individual basis.

and the shield reversion is just that – a reversion to the way things once were. so are the folks at CZ thinking shields were a bad idea?

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

so yeah, it appears this method helps solo players get vanilla, but it also helps clans get EVEN MORE vanilla – on an individual basis.

Particularly for clans that rely on fewer members. For me this is just revenge week. bumholes away on the clans that always hit me.

Tarman edited this message on 06/21/2008 8:29PM

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

Is there a cap on solo vanilla per day?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I thought this was an interesting week. It think the vanilla bump for solo players was a wonderful thing, it really offered a huge reward to those putting in the effort.

As something to combat raiding, it doesn’t level the field, since one can earn solo vanilla within a raid. (Half of my klan earned solo vanilla within our raids.) But, it definitely has a balancing effect. (It is absolutely more difficult to get solo vanilla within a raid, as you want to wait to drop to 11 klan scoops in order to get the klan vanilla. The wrong forum falling can really slow things down.)

No Shields. The good old days when 21 bumhole cards meant 210 scoops destroyed. The carnage was awesome, I saw several “clean” brackets as late as Tuesday. People still used the same strategies, they were just far more vulnerable. The really notable change without Shields was the obvious difficulty organizing ties. Bracket after bracket the ties are few and far between. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe not.

I think the removal of the Shield was probably harshest for inexperienced players. Not because they use them, most newbie brackets see very little in the way of cards period, but because regular Dom players reacted to the lack of Shields with “Well, if they never have any scoops, they can’t bumhole me later.” or “Wheee, bombs away!” People who would have normally been left alone were getting hit on a huge scale.

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I play all of my alts as non-klannies. The ones that ended up in noob brackets were effortlessly dominant with the vanilla rule change. Three of them each won 4 medals without anyone even trying to fight back, but in the higher brackets (I had one in Beyond Godlike and another I think in the third one) even though I did pretty much as well as I possibly could have with those two I wasn’t even close to being in the ballpark with the Brainfreezers and Episode Betas. This change in no way makes it possible for a solo to compete with a motivated Klanny.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

I like the vanilla change, and think that being in a raid should disqualify you from solo vanilla scoops. It only makes sense. Therefore, I propose that the 5 Scoops for Dominating 4 is kept, as long as you can’t get it while raiding.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Pluvius Posted:

Yeah, I forgot that the fourth visit counts too. I also somehow forgot that people would be min-maxy enough to wait until rollover to technically get a 16-visit run.

I actually did exactly that, but things were busy enough during rollover that I only managed to get 10 extra vanilla scoops with my last four forum visits.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!