Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 I'm developing a roguelike

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

k do some more cool **** plz

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

zigzagoon Posted:

k do some more cool **** plz

HOW’S THIS FOR COOL – I MADE A MESSAGE DISPLAY FUNCTION SO NOW WHEN YOU BUMP INTO A WALL, IT TELLS YOU YOU BUMPED INTO A WALL!!!

whoa

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

BirdofWar Posted:

HOW’S THIS FOR COOL – I MADE A MESSAGE DISPLAY FUNCTION SO NOW WHEN YOU BUMP INTO A WALL, IT TELLS YOU YOU BUMPED INTO A WALL!!!

whoa

SO AWESOME.

Tangolho

[Team Shortbus]

Level 24 Troll

The Repeater

More things added?

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

BirdofWar Posted:

whoa

Make it so there’s a random chance the wall bumps you back, or says something like ‘Oi, watch it poopyhead!’

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Something_Witty Posted:

Make it so there’s a random chance the wall bumps you back, or says something like ‘Oi, watch it poopyhead!’

HOW ABOUT I MAKE IT SO BUMPING INTO A WALL KILLS YOU

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

The Biggest and Greatest Bodyguard on the Interwebz

how about a cursed effect that makes your weapons hurt you or rebel, making using them nearly impossible, or actually implementing the Grue?

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Morro the bumless Posted:

how about a cursed effect that makes your weapons hurt you or rebel, making using them nearly impossible, or actually implementing the Grue?

i was pondering the idea of having more than just cursed / uncursed / blessed items. dunno if i’ll do this, since it’ll be a lot more work for me, but i was thinking of adding an extra level on either side. Like, Hallowed will be better than blessed, and Damned worse than cursed. Maybe that could be good behavior for a damned weapon.

I was also thinking of a ‘possessed’ status where a malignant spellcaster takes control of you and makes you do damaging things to yourself, like drink detrimental potions and attack yourself.

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Make it so you can beat yourself with a rock suicideing.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Or how about you press 5 on the numpad to target yourself with your weapon?

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Items are a tentative go! I now have my random generator placing items randomly, and they now show up when the map is displayed. Of course, there’s only one item so far (potion of boredom), and it doesn’t actually do anything yet, and you can’t actually pick it up yet, but hopefully by tonight i’ll at least have taken care of that last bit.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

enjoy

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Laguna Posted:

enjoy

Ban!

Non-RP forum. Your enjoy spree has gone too far.

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

oh yea

also this is some cool **** bop, keep on doing the stuff that you do

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

THANKS DUDE YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT IS THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME GOING

also you can now pick up items. actually being able to view your inventory is next on my list, and it’s going to be a doozy because i have to put together a general-purpose menu system. I think i’ll go with full-screen menus.

edit – durrrrr this is hard Log in to see images! BirdofPrey edited this message on 07/09/2008 2:00AM

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

This is very interesting.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

This is relevant to my interests. Once you finish, could you do a retrospect of the program? Eg. how I did this, what I implemented, what I didn’t implement etc.

Of course, I could be getting ahead of myself. I just really like to read about how cleverer people than I do things.

Once more, good luck!

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

How about you implement a complicated potion-making system that you can use if you’re in the wizard clbum, where-in you mix ingredients and a system decides what potion type you get?

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

A working prototype is priority nr. 1, so I believe piling on complicated suggestions right now doesn’t help. Also, good luck dude we’re all counting on you Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

i’ve been beating my head against the wall trying to plan out the whole menu thing, and i realized that a big part of the problem is trying to sort the inventory and then display it all in one go. I think I’m going to have to sort the inventory as items are added to it. I don’t even want to touch item stacking yet (consolidating identical things into stacks such as ‘2 potions of agony’ or whatever), so i’m going to ignore that for now. hopefully by tonight it’ll be done.

for those of you who want more detailed descriptions of how things are being done from the development POV, i could definitely put a cool post together. Maybe even include some code snippets.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!