Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Macho Yep, not surprised even this game references the wrong homonym for "emo"

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a style of hardcore punk which describes several independent variations of music with common stylistic roots.

This would be the correct reference to “emo.” Instead, however, the game uses emo to describe kids who are really ****ed up and cry a lot.

Chances are you’ve all been using the term improperly (because you’re dumb). Somebody is not an “emo” if they are directly badgering or harbuming somebody. Thank you and goodnight.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a style of hardcore punk which describes several independent variations of music with common stylistic roots.

This would be the correct reference to “emo.” Instead, however, the game uses emo to describe kids who are really ****ed up and cry a lot.

Chances are you’ve all been using the term improperly (because you’re dumb). Somebody is not an “emo” if they are directly badgering or harbuming somebody. Thank you and goodnight.

DUDEEE!!! RAWK OUT!!! YEAHH!!! HEADBANG!!!Log in to see images!

That was an example of my emo roleplaying.

Am I doing it right?

I agree, FW does seem to have it wrong.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

lol

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

No homo(nym)

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

i was gonna make my own worthless parody thread

then i saw this

i’m still going to, though

l2 Posted:

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

l2 is a dumbhead

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

Instead of making a parody of the original thread, why not parody this parody thread?

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

because then i would be ______tsb or whoever is parodying my klan and that would just be the pits

edit: unless my parody of this parody were a mockery of the parodies of my parody. then i’d be a cool dude

nanafagiesus edited this message on 06/10/2008 11:05PM

l2 Posted:

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

l2 is a dumbhead

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

To maintain the parody, I need to move this thread as well.

But in a staggering display of creativity (which I believe at least some emos are very good at), I’m going to move it to the Emo forum.

Still waiting for the camwhore one…

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

emotion_blee-
ds

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Acronym Definition

Emo Emotion(s)

EMO Early Morning Originator (airline industry)

EMO Egreat timesenical Ministries of Oregon (Portland, OR)

EMO Educational Management Organization

EMO Effective Material Operator

EMO Electromagnetism and Optics

EMO Electronic Maintenance/Material Officer

EMO Elektrik Mühendisleri Odasý (Turkey)

EMO Emergency Machine Off

EMO Emergency Management Office

EMO Emergency Management Ontario (Ontario, Canada)

EMO Emergency Measures Office

EMO Emergency Measures Organization (Canada)

EMO Emergency Off (definition used by SEMI)

EMO Emotional Rock (music, fashion)

EMO Emotional (music genre)

EMO Emotive Hardcore (music genre)

EMO Engage Missile Order

EMO Environmental Management Office

EMO Environmental Management Ordinance

EMO Equipment Management Office

EMO European Mortar Industry Organisation

EMO Exercise for Men Only (magazine)

EMO Experienced Musicians Only

EMO Exposition Mondiale de La Machine Outil

EMO Electronic Maintenance Officer

EMO Emoticon File

EMO Encapsulated Multimedia Object

EMO External Manual Operator

› What is emo

The term “Emo” is used as counterculture; it is an abreviation of the word “emotional”. Emo it’s defining not only an attitude, but also a fashion that are coming from emocore (emo music). Emocore is a combination between hardcore and punk music which was very popular in Washington DC in the late 80’s. The emo culture continued to develop between ‘90 and ‘00, reaching the height of its popularity today.

› Emo Kids

The term for the teenagers who listen emocore is emo kids. The society thinks about them as failures; they are not strong enough to hide their emotions, they’re sensitive, shy, introverted, and often quiet. Usually, Emo kids like to express their feeling writing poems about their problems with depression, confusion, and anger; all because the world fails to understand them. Emo poetry uses a combination of any of: a highly emotional tone, stream of consciousness writing, a simple (ABAB) or nonexistent rhyme scheme, references to the flesh, especially the heart, heavy use of dark or depressing adjectives, and concern over the mutability of time, love or both. Themes such as life is pain are common. You can check some ‘emo poems’ on our forum! Altough life is already very hard for them, emo kids have to suffer for even more society prosecution because of their condition. The term ‘emo’ itself is used nowadays as an insult. Adressed to a person means they are ‘overly emotional’. Emocore is compared with pop boy bands of 1990s. Critics cast the music as lacking any artistic merit and that the fashion is just … a fashion used to drive girls attention. The ones who are emo not because they feel it, but because they like to be trendy are named ‘posers’. A big percent of the current emo subculture is formed by posers. Emo subculture is acused that it is celebrating self-harm. As i’ve said before many fail to understand that those are only fake emos (rawrr you bastards, get away from here); actually i have no rights to judge them even if most of us suffer because of them.

› Why emo doesn’t mean emotional

Now more of the truth. I’m going to make this as easy to understand as possible.

Now I’m all for evolution, I believe in evolution after all! Even in terms of words; gay use to mean “happy” now it can either mean, “stupid”, “lame” or it’s current proper use “homosexual.”

However, the term emo is very different. If you claim “emo” were to mean “emotional” it then becomes an all encompbuming word, it becomes extremely vague and it has no limit as to what it can and will describe. This is an issue because the term is suppose to (and believed to by the people who use it) to describe one specific thing, when it fact it does the complete opposite. Emo when wrongfully used as “emotional” describes every living thing, every song, every word, every breath, every statement. Why you ask? Because what as no emotion is dead.

Emo was created as a shortened term to describe a specific thing, in this case “emotive hardcore” an off shoot of hardcore punk from the mid 80’s. This genre is still alive today, although very obscure and unknown to most. Those who like to shout they’re ‘emo’ usually never heard of any other band than fall out boy.

What many of you are now doing are displaying a vast amount of laziness and gullibility. Why are you wrongfully using the term emo to describe “scene”, “fashion core” and sappy mainstream rock? Think before you speak, stop taking short cuts, and stop being the media’s ****.

-taken from various sites-

emotion_bleeds edited this message on 06/10/2008 11:49PM

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

thread gets moved to emos

emo posts

thread gets ****tier, somehow

l2 Posted:

l2 is a dumbhead

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

nanafabulous personiesus Posted:

thread gets moved to emos

nanafabulous personiesus posts

thread gets ****tier, somehow

Fixed.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I’m not sure there was anywhere ****tier for it to go.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!