Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant Yep, not surprised even this game references the wrong homonym for "troll"

See-Nah-MoNs-
TeR

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Cool guy from ALOL named Oleander Posted:

Hmm, no. The Plato reference is out of context. More or less these responses are simply hate-driven due to self-realizations that people have used the term incorrectly out of ignorance in the past and instead of admit it and grasp the true concept, they would rather continue to practice a proven misconception (presumably because grouping ‘trolling’ and ‘harbuming’ together helps to create some desired vanity in harbuming people on the internet).

Also, it was in the game discussion because I was disappointed that the clbum (Troll) in the game represents what someone who trolls on the internet does based on the misconception.

No. Is it not more vain to bumume to know the wahts and whys and hows?

I until very recently knew the word troll only because of my extensive and sometimes live consuming reading habits. I did not bumociated it in any way to whatever meaning it is given in this game, and even if the meaning in the game is a misconception, it is after all I think a satirical game therefor playing with misconceptions is a part of it.

And if a misconception is continualy used so it becomes, most of the times unfornatunetly, true. Case of the word male reproductive organ, which went from rooster to… well ya know.

Nah U see me, nah u don.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Yes, this is exactly my point. In context the homonym “bum” in reference to a mule makes sense, whereas “troll” (with the suffixes ‘ed’ or ‘ing’ are even only present in the dictionary under the fishing term) makes sense in context of said fishing term. Thanks for the help man! Log in to see images!

fabulous person.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

guenwhyever Posted:

fabulous person.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Since you’re so smart on lexicon, can you explain to me why “fabulous person” is considered an insult? Consider:

fabulous person (br, fabulous personot)

-noun

1. a bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel, a fascine, a torch, etc.

2. a bundle; bunch.

3. a bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded, hammered, or rolled together at high temperature.

4. bouquet garni.

–verb (used with object)

5. to bind or make into a fabulous personot.

6. to ornament with fabulous personoting.

Thanks in advance.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

See-Nah-MoNsTeR Posted:

No. Is it not more vain to bumume to know the wahts and whys and hows?

I until very recently knew the word troll only because of my extensive and sometimes live consuming reading habits. I did not bumociated it in any way to whatever meaning it is given in this game, and even if the meaning in the game is a misconception, it is after all I think a satirical game therefor playing with misconceptions is a part of it.

And if a misconception is continualy used so it becomes, most of the times unfornatunetly, true. Case of the word male reproductive organ, which went from rooster to… well ya know.

You should really be hashing this out with the guy who quoted the bible.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Since you’re so smart on lexicon, can you explain to me why “fabulous person” is considered an insult? Consider:

-noun

1. a bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel, a fascine, a torch, etc.

2. a bundle; bunch.

3. a bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded, hammered, or rolled together at high temperature.

4. bouquet garni.

–verb (used with object)

Thanks in advance.

Or gay?

What are you trying to imply there old chap?

Not that words evolve in their meanings and usages?

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

MC Banhammer Posted:

-noun

2. a bundle; bunch.

4. bouquet garni.

–verb (used with object)

Thanks in advance.

Actually, the term ‘fabulous person’ used to be slang for women, in that they were baggage or something to be carried. Then the term became conotated with homosexuals because they acted womanly. This is different because it’s slang based on slang. Troll as the fishing term in regards to baiting for angry responses on the internet is a 1 step reference that still holds modern relevance to a modern term. Just because the term in regards to an outdoor activity was lost on a bunch of shut-ins whose knowledge of DND and LOTR led them to a more obvious choice of reference which was clearly lost on them does not make the intended term slang. IE: It’s a misconception.

Cool guy from ALOL named Oleander edited this message on 06/11/2008 12:12AM

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Actually, the term ‘fabulous person’ used to be slang for women, in that they were baggage or something to be carried. Then the term became conotated with homosexuals because they acted womanly. This is different because it’s slang based on slang. Troll as the fishing term in regards to baiting for angry responses on the internet is a 1 step reference that still holds modern relevance to a modern term. Just because the term in regards to an outdoor activity was lost on a bunch of shut-ins whose knowledge of DND and LOTR led them to a more obvious choice of reference which was clearly lost on them does not make the intended term slang. IE: It’s a misconception.

There is no misconception.

We all KNOW what trolling is.

But, we use it this way.

fabulous person.

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

guenwhyever Posted:

There is no misconception.

We all KNOW what trolling is.

But, we use it this way.

fabulous person.

I doubt that by the way you’ve fought it tooth and nail for 4 pages and subsequently taken on a personal vendetta against me.

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Honestly I don’t understand why you want to defend a reference that was lost on you to mean something that it doesn’t, unless it’s because you don’t see any glory or vanity in simply harbuming or insulting somebody on the internet without bumigning it a buzzword like “troll”.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I doubt that by the way you’ve fought it tooth and nail for 4 pages and subsequently taken on a personal vendetta against me.

Oh not at all XD.

fabulous person.

Honestly, I haven’t been fighting it at all.. just trying to show you what’s up around here.

So, go the **** away fabulous person.

In before someone else completely stupid!

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

So what do you call arguing incessantly and token name-calling? Other than ‘trolling’ that is… Log in to see images!

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Monkey in a suit with a gun Posted:

Wow man, no need for the page stretching, I’m trying to read.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

So what do you call arguing incessantly and token name-calling? Other than ‘trolling’ that is… Log in to see images!

FLAMING.

DUMB****.

Oh and, having fun =D

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Is fabulous person boy done?

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Monkey in a suit with a gun Posted:

edit: fffffffffffffff wrong alt

crayoncakes edited this message on 06/11/2008 12:33AM

crayoncakes Posted:

edit: fffffffffffffff wrong alt

Brilliant.

Monkey MUST use!

Cool guy fro-
m ALOL named-
Oleander

[LOLAlmighty Dot Com]

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Please this is a serious thread can we just cool down and stop the name calling for a moment?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!