Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest something fishy

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Vuron Posted:

I hate to say it but maybe you should prevent people from voting until the have met a minimum credit threshold. Unlike flamebate where you need newbies to have the ability to post questions I’m not sure it’s necessary for new players to immediately start voting in forumbuildr. By limiting forumbuildr voting to people that have say 5 levels you can discourage people from spamming illegal multis in order to wreck an endgame.

That actually wouldn’t solve the problem, it would just delay it. Someone dedicated to sabotage would just play through to level 5 or whatever multiple times and then launch the attack.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

That actually wouldn’t solve the problem, it would just delay it. Someone dedicated to sabotage would just play through to level 5 or whatever multiple times and then launch the attack.

Can’t ET make something like if you downvote too much you can’t vote anymore? Log in to see images!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

maybe only people who completed episode 1?

edit: oh yeah, banhammers right. certainly people with a “terrible” voting record should be restricted in their downvotes.

also, thanks ET Log in to see images! Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 06/10/2008 4:43PM

Voltaire

Avatar: 42567 2010-05-07 12:49:57 -0400

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yeah, but it would take a lot of planning and work. We should intend to erect as many obstacles in the path of malicious users as possible, even if it won’t result in perfect protection.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Voltaire Posted:

Yeah, but it would take a lot of planning and work. We should intend to erect as many obstacles in the path of malicious users as possible, even if it won’t result in perfect protection.

Indeed, imperfect protection is still protection.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’m pretty sold on the idea of minimum level thresholds myself, especially after today. I’m going to run it by the other zombies and see what they thing.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Nicco Posted:

Can’t ET make something like if you downvote too much you can’t vote anymore? Log in to see images!

Or maybe make it so persistent downvoters lose the downvote bumon.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

A lot of the forum ideas are complete ****, which is why there is down votes.

guenwhyever

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Bear Posted:

There are definitely more bad ideas than good ones.

guenwhyever edited this message on 06/11/2008 1:09AM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I think some of mt forum ideas were unfairly downvoted and -5’d (forum idea). I’ve done them in the past and they got a fair number of votes but this time it wasn’t even given a chance to be seen.

kittiejenn

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Bear Posted:

I meant remove the downvote option only for those that have a track record of downvoting everything. Or maybe make it so you have to earn the ability to downvote.. like you can’t downvote unless you submit stuff or take the time to upvote/pbum stuff for a few weeks.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I have an idea. How about you can’t downvote until you actually get one idea submitted? Because frankly, if you can’t come up with anything better, who are you to criticize it?

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

How about pathetic idiots like wild**** are rare and no reason to restrict new users from participating in endgame activities?

Scargrrrl

Level 20 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Then you’d just see a lot of “LOL DOWNVOTEZ” submissions.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Big Brother Posted:

I have an idea. How about you can’t downvote until you actually get one idea submitted? Because frankly, if you can’t come up with anything better, who are you to criticize it?

Some of us aren’t creative enough to come up with something, but we know funny (and ****ty) when we see it.

The idea I like (which I think is a combination of a lot of ideas that have already been thrown out there more than an original one) is to give people the benefit of the doubt. If they have ****ty voting ratios for a period of time (1 week, 2?), only give them the option to downvote x number of submissions without pbuming/upvoting others. After that, it becomes a percentage of total votes – maybe 40% up/pbum 60% down or something like that. I’m not sure 50/50 is fair just because the ratio of good stuff to **** that I’ve seen isn’t 50/50 either. And if you really hate *everything* in a week where you’re restricted, pbum on it instead of upvoting. (although I see this being something of a coding nightmare)

kittiejenn

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Big Brother Posted:

I really like that idea. I think the downvote wave that hits midweek is just retaliation from crap hitting -5.

spacekadt Posted:

Some of us aren’t creative enough to come up with something, but we know funny (and ****ty) when we see it.

That’s why I proposed losing the downvote bumon for people that just downvote everything.

kittiejenn edited this message on 06/11/2008 1:19PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

looks like someone is back to his old tricks.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

looks like they’re trying to wipe the ideas submissions clean

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

http://www.forumwarz.com/forum_buildr/forum_ideas?sort_by=voted

hoooly ****

They must have like 30 multis Log in to see images! crayoncakes edited this message on 06/22/2008 8:22PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

they’re probably making new ones till they got the entire thing wiped. good thing Evil Trout publishes by hand, he’ll be around to repair the damage first

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!