Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Frugality

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

that sounds pretty useful…

too bad I can’t get any.

TORNBUG

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

whippits are completely useless in my experience. You use one turn using them, so you take a hit for nothing. The +5 defense MIGHT make you break even on that hit you took over the next 3 turns. On most forums you won’t even break even though.

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think it’s there so you can drop some code on the next few turns. Don’t know how beneficial it is, though.

TORNBUG

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Well, as I said the defense boost isn’t enough to make up for the extra hit you take. Especially when you start hitting the harder forums. Defense is only really worthwhile on your character because of how much life it saves over the course of an entire forum. It just isn’t strong enough for a temporary boost to really matter. Whippits should probably give +10 or +15 defense at a minimum if they are supposed to do anything.

Steve Perry

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

TORNBUG Posted:

Whippits should probably give +10 or +15 defense at a minimum if they are supposed to do anything.

It’d be nice if they were that strong, but they’re like 7f for me, so paying for them isn’t that bad so I don’t mind. I’ve found them to be pretty decent especially because they mitigate the damage you take.

Potato Pie

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Whippits gives you +5 defense but you miss out on the casting turn..so let’s say using them results in you getting hit for 15 (instead of 20) Then you have 3 turns where you get hit for ~15 now. Over the course of these 4 turns, that totals 60 damage with and 3 attacks vs 80 without and 4 attacks. You lose an attack turn but save a bit of damage. The only time I can think of where giving up an attack turn will be beneficial to you, for such a small amount of HP protection, is when you’re trying to recharge your strongest attack and it has a high refresh. Otherwise you’re just spending money to delay the battle.

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

rather than powering up whippet’s effect, I’d rather see their duration lengthened. If it lasted 10 turns rather than 3, it’d be worth using. I’d even be happy to pay 10x the current price, just for the reduction in action cost.

Potato Pie

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Either that or have using it not cost the turn to use, which would make all the difference. If it didn’t cost the initial turn it would be nothing more than a flezz cost for a defense boost. (And up the price, they are way too cheap if they actually become a useful item..or limit the number you can buy, some restriction).

Potato Pie edited this message on 11/09/2007 5:55PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!