Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games Ideas on clbum balance

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I know theres supposed to be some major rebalancing come episode 2, so I thought i’d discuss what i would do:

Camwhores: attacks get weaker as sexiness decreases. this will make them spend more on lipstick, and slightly slow down their speedruns.

Trolls: attacks get stronger the more they throw. We all know that trolls are more disruptive the more persistent they are. this will give them an advantage in long forums. and slightly bump up their ability. I’ve tried trolls, and frankly they’re harder to play than re-res.

emo: leave as is.

hacker: ???

re-res: give em equipable gear, only available as junk gifts.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I like this. I particularly like the idea of letting Re-Res equip certain junk items. I’m picturing saucepan “helmets” (defense +1) and bedsheet “capes” (ego +5). I do think that Re-Res should remain relatively weak, though. I like that it’s a hard clbum to play.

Edit: +1 ego? Fixed.

enire edited this message on 06/04/2008 2:44PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I don’t think trolls need anything really. With harder hitting forums their defense makes them near invincible. Look at the leaderboard for Great Firewall of China for example.

And I hope Re-Res never get a break. I like having an actual challenge clbum to play with.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Agreed with both of these first two posts. Pickled male reproductive organbum’s suggestions make a lot of sense to me.

Trolls are at least almost as hard to play as re-re’s.

Re-re’s in saucepan hellmets and bedsheet capes would be great.

Good ideas!

Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 06/04/2008 2:35PM

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

SG94 Posted:

I don’t think trolls need anything really. With harder hitting forums their defense makes them near invincible. Look at the leaderboard for Great Firewall of China for example.

And I hope Re-Res never get a break. I like having an actual challenge clbum to play with.

I think the only reason that so many trolls are there, is because the challenge to do it was issued.

Honestly emos and camwhores go through it much easier than trolls do, even with the defenses.

It’s offense that takes down the tough forums, IMO.

Of course, maybe my build is just wrong or something…but I disagree with you, trolls do need something, most other clbumes (except re-re’s of course) are better for speed runs and even for tougher forums.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

How about there’s a little joke where you can get stuff that would be ridiculously strong for another clbum as junk? Like if you’re a troll or emo kid, you can get a Max Sexiness +2000 item, if you’re an emo kid or camwhore you get a Max Douchebaggery +2000 item, and if you’re a troll or camwhore, you can get a Max Tears + 200 item.

Also, any word on what Hackers get in their starter pack?

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Big Brother Posted:

How about there’s a little joke where you can get stuff that would be ridiculously strong for another clbum as junk? Like if you’re a troll or emo kid, you can get a Max Sexiness +2000 item, if you’re an emo kid or camwhore you get a Max Douchebaggery +2000 item, and if you’re a troll or camwhore, you can get a Max Tears + 200 item.

Also, any word on what Hackers get in their starter pack?

then it’d just become a matter of waiting for it to show up in the ppwn shop

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Big Brother Posted:

Ok, but they should have minor stats that are actually useful to Re-Res (offense or defense +1 or 15 ego or something), or else be saleable at the Ppwnshoppe for a whole ****load of  .

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

then it’d just become a matter of waiting for it to show up in the ppwn shop

But, just like it’s scripted to not show up for certain clbumes, it won’t show up in the ppwn shop.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Oh, and I had an idea for a store called Yosemite that sells a new type of consumable called Media. Media has effects on your stats and max ego that last until you’re done pwning the forum, though they’re really expensive. Like for instance, one of the stronger ones, “You are God and can do anything and no-one else matters”, causes your Max Ego to be raised by 100 until the end of that battle.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I don’t follow your train of thought. why yosemite, why media?

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

fenk the evil midnight stabber Posted:

I think the only reason that so many trolls are there, is because the challenge to do it was issued.

Honestly emos and camwhores go through it much easier than trolls do, even with the defenses.

It’s offense that takes down the tough forums, IMO.

Of course, maybe my build is just wrong or something…but I disagree with you, trolls do need something, most other clbumes (except re-re’s of course) are better for speed runs and even for tougher forums.

Well, right now trolls stink. But because of the way defense works, it gets more and more important the stronger forums get. High defense means less hits AND less powerful hits, giving more time to attack.

But then again none of us know the type of new abilities/consumables/equips that we’ll get with ep2 and any real changes to balance will not likely be made before that. My intuition says trolls will get overcompensated and become the best clbum in ep2, for whatever that’s worth.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

I don’t follow your train of thought. why yosemite, why media?

Amazon?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Keep in mind some of the vaunted superiority of the trolls relies on an extremely high cost item that has horrendous upkeep requirements. bumuming that renting and streaking will get fixed on or around the time that episode 2 comes out it’s not necessarily reasonable to expect that the current ability of 2 trolls (Pluvius and Ruiner of Fun) to dominate the leaderboard will be extended into episode 2.

Rather I expect all of the clbumes will have similar items and potentially the ability to earn enough flezz to consistently use them.

Honestly Camwhores are still the strongest clbum in the game with the ability to get pretty high offense and defense stats while maintaining a ridiculous charisma and luck stat ensuring crazy flezz returns. It’s not that difficult for a camwhore to average 3 marys on 4 praypal20s currently. Even with relatively high upkeep costs camwhores have no difficulty raking in the  . Combined with the low consumable usage on forums it’s not surprising that camwhores dominate the   leaderboard.

Emos are strong but if we bumume that defense is more important in episode 2 (due to high hit percentages and vicious damage totals) then one of their core abilities, the ability to hit hard when their ego is really low is severely compromised. Honestly Life After Death is pretty much worthless as a skill as it’s refresh time makes it of limited use on virtually all the forums.

Re-Res need some significant boosts if they are going to be able to finish episode 2. They can’t earn a large amount of money thus limiting their ability to grind the difficult forums. I’m not saying that it should be easy to finish level 20 on a re-re but currently 1 Re-re has beaten Second Wife and no re-re has a chance on GFoC. Even if there are ridiculous ego boosters and consumables in episode 2 they need significant increases in their flezz making potential.

What I think everyone needs is a way to get their luck totals pretty close to what camwhores can achieve. An equipment choice like Really Lucky 8-ball (haha drug reference Log in to see images!) would be a good item for a troll. That would allow trolls and emos and maybe even re-res the ability to get almost as much deliveries as the camwhores. I’d retain a charisma advantage for camwhores to represent their inherent appeal and to compensate for their high upkeep costs.

I would like all the clbumes to have abilities that enable them to weaken the attack ability of forums. Maybe a damage 8 attack that reduces the forums attack percentage for 4-5 turns. That way you can keep the ego totals on characters relatively low but people need to weaken the forum before using killing moves.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Hmmm… how about attacks that don’t attack the forum at all, that you can use to make the forum like you and not attack you, and maybe even help your stats, and when you attack finally they’re surprised and don’t attack for a while?

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

how about you catch forums and train them and they learn moves and you feed them their favorite flavor ice cream so they like you and fight better and if they really happy they evolve into stronger forum higher states get the power up

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

nanafabulous personiesus Posted:

how about you catch forums and train them and they learn moves and you feed them their favorite flavor ice cream so they like you and fight better and if they really happy they evolve into stronger forum higher states get the power up

/megafacepalm.

Nanafabulous personieus, you did notice that bolded text about this not being an RPG forum, right?

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Big Brother Posted:

/megafacepalm.

Nanafabulous personieus, you did notice that bolded text about this not being an RPG forum, right?

I for one think it’s a brilliant idea.

edit – i think just because it’s not an rpg forum doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to make jokes.

BirdofPrey edited this message on 06/04/2008 4:05PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I laughed

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I think that the DML should, for the sake of anyone who gets it, raise upkeep by a lot.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!