Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Post reasons why you up/down voted forum ideas

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

I thought I’d create this thread to offer a little constructive criticism for forumbuilder ideas. One benifit of this would be a way for people to improve their ideas, and possibly answer why their submission constantly doesn’t win. Examples include “I downvoted faux news because I think conservative parodies are old” and “I downvoted ForumFightz because I think ThreadSpatz is a better parody.”, etc.

WinfieldScott

[Calvacade of Fun]

Level 5 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Personally, I’d prefer it if AU just disappeared. Really tired of it, and I heard there mighta been some shady dealings with it earlier. Other than that, I liked Save the Ethiopian Princes.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

WinfieldScott Posted:

Personally, I’d prefer it if AU just disappeared. Really tired of it, and I heard there mighta been some shady dealings with it earlier. Other than that, I liked Save the Ethiopian Princes.

I was really glad that “God Hates Facts” won the first time I entered it. I hate it when forum ideas are just recycled week after week, just because they don’t get completely downvoted.

In fact, I don’t even VOTE for forum ideas anymore, just because I’m tired of going through the same entries over and over again.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I down vote because some of the ideas are complete and total ****.

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

L2 Posted:

I was really glad that “God Hates Facts” won the first time I entered it. I hate it when forum ideas are just recycled week after week, just because they don’t get completely downvoted.

In fact, I don’t even VOTE for forum ideas anymore, just because I’m tired of going through the same entries over and over again.

How could you submit such a piece of **** though?Log in to see images!

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Actually mine do get completely downvoted but I continue to submit anyway. The next week it can get a decent nu,ber of votes. So you never know who’s going to say “I don’t know who you are. Downvote.” So I’ll keep submitting.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

I usually downvote anything that displays atrocious grammar in the description. Just because it hurts my head.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

For me, there is only one reason to vote up or down.

The idea makes me smile or it doesn’t. I don’t know who posted what, and couldn’t care less, if the idea is good, it just is, if it isn’t then it gets down voted plain and simple.

More down than up votes, because there’s a lot more crap than good ideas.

Dimitri Rasc-
alov

Level 1 Re-Re

I downvote everything, because it makes me feel good

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Why I downvote:

– We already have that freaking forum, do you people not read?

– That is not even a forum.

– Oh look they didn’t even bother to proof read it.

– This is boring and/or another unfunny parody.

Why I upvote:

– Fresh idea that isn’t already reflected in some other forum we have.

– Would be easy and fun to make enemies/titles/typical posts/angry replies for this idea.

– Makes me laugh.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Upvote because it makes me laugh

I used to downvote a bunch when **** was pathetic or worthless but now I generally don’t bother exerting the effort.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Upvote because it’s means to just downvote for no particular reason.

Lately, I’ve just been too tired to bother.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

One thing I downvote and kinda bugs me is when I see forums that are just filled with unnecessary hatred, and sort of breaks the suspension of disbelief. For example, “Run Escape is a forum for fabulous persongy 13 year olds with no life who play constantly when they aren’t faping to gay pron (because they’re ****ing fabulous persons). The forum is a mbumive circlejerk with fabulous persons compare their ****ty characters, buying and selling ****ty items..”

you get the point. =P

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Well, that’s just kind of silly. You want forums that don’t insult themself blatantly. You’ve got to cleverly word things so it would seem like they are the ones making a unintentional faux pas which is really what the forum ACTUALLY is about. FAP as a acronym is a good example.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I usually vote down things that don’t parody internet culture, and things that already exist. Also, if you can’t be bothered to check spelling I can’t be bothered to vote it up.

Also everything that bashes/parodies the right wing, religion, furries, or RPGs. We have enough of that already.

Girl A

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Upvote:

– Good grammar.

– Parody of something that needs to be parodied.

– Just plain funny or weird.

– Something believable.

... ... ...

Downvote:

– Bad grammar.

– Overly offensive.

– Already been done.

– Ridiculously stupid.

... ... ...

I’ve also caught myself downvoting things because the names aren’t catchy enough… >>;;

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Girl A Posted:

Upvote:

– Good grammar.

– Parody of something that needs to be parodied.

– Just plain funny or weird.

– Something believable.

... ... ...

Downvote:

– Bad grammar.

– Overly offensive.

– Already been done.

– Ridiculously stupid.

... ... ...

I’ve also caught myself downvoting things because the names aren’t catchy enough… >>;;

Indeed.

Britpoptarts

Avatar: 28416 Thu Oct 30 23:16:06 -0400 2008

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Downvote:

Duplicate idea or very similar theme to existing forum. We have a zombie forum, so don’t submit a zombie themed idea. Duh. Ditto a furry forum, or denture forum, or polygamy forum. FAIL.

Idea that rips off something I or someone else just submitted, and copypastas but only changes a few words. These submissions are unoriginal and leech votes from the first submission.

Bad grammar.

The three subfora are too similar, uninspiring, or unrelated to main suggested forum idea. In other words, if you suggest a Candle Collectors forum and the subfora are Ferraris, Buck Teeth and WHAAAARGH!, it’s just nonsensical.

Forum that seems to exist due to a personal vendetta against a group or forum no one else knows or cares about.

Forum that has been submitted and gotten negative votes for, like, a month or two. At some point, you should give up. It may be a great forum idea, but the FW tards just don’t like it, so try something else.

Really, really long avatar names.

Avatar names that have nothing to do with the forum theme.

Avatar name rips off idea of previous submission, and is also less funny.

Posts that use a lot of madlibs. Usually they are less funny if they have more than 2 or 3, tops.

Themes / posts / avatars that are too real-life topical / seasonal…this is just common sense. Sour grapes / gloating political avatars / posts fail. Xmas forum themes fail. Y2K Bug-themed forum? Uh…where have you been hiding?

If I am bored before I even get to the “example” post part of the post submission, it’s going to bore me more seeing it 400+ times when pwning the forum.

Upvote:

Idea that parodies recognizable Internet site or group, or creates an amusing “should exist” group.

Idea that offers three good thread categories.

Idea that should inspire original content when / if it wins.

Idea that seems to fit in with the style of humor and in-jokes on FW.

I have a soft spot for amusing memes, but if it is the only thing going for an otherwise bland or bad submission, it won’t save it.

Clever use of a less-popular madlib.

Avatar name is clever and smart, rather than the expected joke.

If two forums are very similar, implying plagiarism of concept, I upvote the one that was submitted first.

Slick forum designs without misspelled words.

Ideas that indicate submitter has some pop culture awareness beyond the last 10-15 years, reads books, has a quirky mind.

If I actually smile or laugh, upvote.

It’s too bad voting only offers “Y/N/**** it, I can’t be bothered to vote either way” options. I suspect we’d get better submissions if there was a scale with a little more variety, say -5 to 0 to +5. This would mess up the current scoop system, alas. But sometimes something is REALLY good, and sometimes something is REALLY crap, and sometimes something is just MEH.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!