Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun ITT: Let's play Doom: the Roguelike

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

This looks like fun. I’d love to give it a shot myself (pun not intended, DURHUR Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

LemGambino Posted:

This looks like fun. I’d love to give it a shot myself (pun not intended, DURHUR Log in to see images!

Yeah, it’s a surprisingly addictive game, simple to learn, bloody hard to master. I wanna fire up another dude, but you can run the next if you’d like. Log in to see images!

ALRIGHTY THEN, will we make this a regular or challenge game, and at what difficulty? Also, what are we gonna call this fine specimen of a heavily armed killer? Here’s what I’ve unlocked so far:

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

What’s marksmenship like?

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

What’s marksmenship like?

Basically, you start off with an advanced pistol (can be modded 4 times instead of once like normal weapons) as a bonus. But you can’t use any weapons except pistols. Not as bad as it sounds (pistols can kick a lot of bum if you get the right traits, and inventory management is a lot easier), but you SUCK at crowd control.

Something_Witty edited this message on 06/04/2008 4:13AM

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Can we go Angel of Marksmanship on I’m too young to die?

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

Can we go Angel of Marksmanship on I’m too young to die?

With challenge modes, the lowest you can go on is Hey, Not Too Rough. That still cool?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Yes

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Why not.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

was Posted:

Yes

Alrighty then, we need a name, and starting trait (keeping in mind that some traits are *very* useful for Marksmen Log in to see images!)

Here’s those traits again, just for the record:

twas

Level 35 Troll

Reloader

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

was Posted:

Reloader

Alrighty, and name? Or will I pick one?

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Sure, since crowed control will bea pain need to reload faster.

Sir Kennel.

Rick Ashley edited this message on 06/04/2008 4:23AM

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

Sure, since crowed control will bea pain need to reload faster.

Sir Kennel.

Alrighty, so we have a badbum marine by the name of Sir Kennel, who can reload blazing fast. (“The humanity! My big gun is out of bullets! I can’t believe it!” )

Annnnnnnd it’s dinnertime. We’ll start the first floor after a few words from our sponsors. Log in to see images! Something_Witty edited this message on 06/04/2008 4:57AM

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Announcer: SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Come see our MONSTER TRUCK SHOW! It will be INTENSE! Intense like THAT HOOKER YOU DID LAST NIGHT!

Got to love those sponsers.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

(I showed the intro last time and the first floor’s always very straightforward, so we’ll just get straight into the game to speed things up a bit.)

Spinning his trusty pistol around his hand, Sir Kennel circles the building the distress call came from. As he approaches it, he hears doors opening and low moans on the inside: someone or something is alive in there. He steps through the entry to find himself being fired at by another marine, with vacant eyes.

Before the dead man can fire another sluggish shot, Sir Kennel spins his gun into the air, grabs it, then fires 3 quick shots into the monster. It falls, dropping a medpack. Confidently, he strides into the room the monster came from, taking out a few more of the creatures with ease. His confidence fades when he suffers several grazes from a shotgun blast at medium range.

Swearing, he unloads his pistol into the sergeant before it can reload. Looking around for any supplies, he stumbles around the corner, right in front of a waiting former human! He dispatches it, but not it shoots him twice at close range. In great pain, he searches the rest of the floor, finding nothing useful except more 10mm ammo. He also grabs one of the dead marines’ pistols and holsters it, ‘just in case’. Ignoring the bleeding from his wounds, he walks down the stairs, vowing not to underestimate his enemies next time.

On the 2nd floor, Sir Kennel finds himself in a long hallway, with 2 visible doors.

twas

Level 35 Troll

far door

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

was Posted:

far door

Sir Kennel, with his new resolution of cautiousness, listens carefully. He hears a door open nearby. Thinking it would be best to approach from a distance, he goes to the far door, and opens it. The only thing he can see is a barrel of explosive acid. He peeks around the corner to get a better look around. He sees nothing. The moment he steps into the doorway, the barrel explodes violently and unexpectedly. Sir Kennel now lies in about 8 different pieces, and all over the walls.

R.I.P. Sir Kennel. He didn’t like it too rough. Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

GOD I HATE ****ING ACID BARRELS. The number of times I’ve been on an awesome run, then hit by a chain of those bastards out of the blue is waaaaaay too high. Log in to see images!

*cough* With that said and done, do I start over, or is someone else keen to go?

Something_Witty edited this message on 06/04/2008 5:44AM

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Welp, let’s kick-start this party once again. What mode and difficulty are we trying this time, y’all? Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

I’m doing an Angel of Light Travel run, since I need to beat the game on that mode to unlock more challenges. Also, I’m doing it on Hey, Not Too Rough, ‘cause frankly, if I start running into Revenants, Mancubi and Arch-Viles with limited weaponry and healing items, it’s gonna get real ugly, and not for them. Log in to see images!

The marine’s name?

Keeping in mind that inventory space will be at a premium this time around (10 spaces instead of 20), what’s ol’ Bamp (heh) gonna be good at?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!