Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun ITT: Let's play Doom: the Roguelike

Mitch Connor

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 1 Re-Re

Could you help? I installed the game, but I don’t know what to open with winzip..

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Mitch Connor Posted:

Could you help? I installed the game, but I don’t know what to open with winzip..

I’m not sure I understand the problem. Download the file, doomrl-win-09810.zip, extract it into a folder and run the game.

Mitch Connor

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 1 Re-Re

Nillo Posted:

’m not sure I understand the problem. Download the file, doomrl-win-09810.zip, extract it into a folder and run the game.

Like I have the winzip file, what should I do now?Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Nillo Posted:

Retreat into the room, equip the pistol and shoot the barrel of acid next to the door.

Realizing that if the sergeant fires at him the whole room is likely to go *KABLOOEY*, taking him with it, Dixon decides to throw that same tactic back at the hellspawn. He runs back to a safe distance, takes aim and fires…..

*KABLOOEY*

With a roar, chunks of masonry are torn from the wall ahead. Dixon hears two explosions, and several screams of agony from the room beyond. In the far shadows, he notices an indistinguishable charred corpse. But he cannot be sure that all of the room’s occupants perished in the blast…

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Swap to the combat shotgun again, then go eastward and explore.

Okay, after this time I’m going to wait a while and let others have a chance of controlling Dixon’s fate. I’ve got an idea for a thread to make myself. We’ll see.

mongler

Level 14 Re-Re

Mitch Connor Posted:

Like I have the winzip file, what should I do now?Log in to see images!

extract it. if double clicking doesn’t work (and you use windows) then you need winzip or winrar which you can dl free. when you extract the files, make note of where you extract them too. then run the .exe.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Nillo Posted:

Swap to the combat shotgun again, then go eastward and explore.

Okay, after this time I’m going to wait a while and let others have a chance of controlling Dixon’s fate. I’ve got an idea for a thread to make myself. We’ll see.

(Fair enough, you’ve been quite helpful so far thanks. I’ll see if I can do some contributing later)

Dixon steps through the rubble, squinting at the dust. Still hearing noises, he unshoulders his combat shotgun and holsters his pistol. As he enters the room, he sees what caused the noises.

Hoo boy. So much for a routine patrol job.

Cerebellum

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Kill the imp!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Cerebellum Posted:

Kill the imp!

Dixon fires at long range with his shottie, tearing into the imp. It roars and throws a fireball, burning Dixon’s chest. He steps forward, pumping another round into the gun. He fires again, splattering it across the floor. He hears an explosion in the distance.

He cautiously walks into the room ahead, pausing only to reload his weapon. He spies another former sergeant, and trades shots with it. He comes off FAR better. Man, that sucka was LOADED.

Poking around and not finding much (except a few more medkits), Dixon returns to the starting room. He ponders which door he should try next….

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Dixon scratches his nuts idly, then lies down to sleep for a while. Log in to see images! Something_Witty edited this message on 06/03/2008 1:44PM

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

...if I recall correctly, don’t you need to step on the stairs to the next level to save the game? How are you handling this?

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Nillo Posted:

...if I recall correctly, don’t you need to step on the stairs to the next level to save the game? How are you handling this?

(Yep. TBH, I just kinda left my comp on overnight. Probably not the most practical solution, really. Log in to see images!)

Stretching, Dixon decides to check out the room in front of him. He finds nothing but a lever, some barrels, and another knife. He hears moans from the other side, so he kicks down the door, shotgun raised. Spying another former sergeant, he mows it down before it can react.

With the sergeant’s death, he feels a lot less tense, the area feels less dangerous somehow. The room holds a computer, so he fires it up and checks a map of the current floor. Nothing too interesting, except for a medpack (+ symbol) and a LOT of levers (& symbol). Those levers look mighty tempting. After all, what could they do?

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Go and pull EVERY lever.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

Go and pull EVERY lever.

(ahahahaha oh god this might be messy)

Dixon’s curiosity reaches bursting point. Like a kid in a candy shop, he runs up to the closest lever, and reefs it down gleefully. Nothing happens apart from a weird blood smell. Disappointed, he runs to the next one. He slams it up and down several times, hearing nothing but a clicking sound each time. Then it jams. Growling in frustration, he turns around, preparing the grab the other levers. Then he ****s his pants. The 2nd lever DID do something. Something unpleasant.

Reacting faster than the dazed and confused horde of monsters just summoned into being, he begins blasting, panic-stricken. A few dead former humans and imps later, Dixon feels hardened by his experience, and feels his skills rising to a new peak…..

(I’ll continue with the monster-killing and lever pulling, but first we need to choose a new trait to upgrade. I can explain any of them if needed)

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Get eagle eye level 2.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

Get eagle eye level 2.

“One in the heart and one in the head, and don’t you hesitate.”

With his new skills, Dixon feels pumped, invincible! There’s no way he can be stopped now, with his accuracy peaked to the point where he can shoot a dime off a post at 500 yards with a pistol! He roars, ready to take down the spawn of hell!

Then he gets hit by 2 shotgun blasts to the chest, and several fireballs. Dixon’s plans are suddenly disrupted due to him coming down with a very bad case of dead.

R.I.P. Dixon. He was too young to die! Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

So, anybody else wish to run a game, or will I make another poor sucka to send to his ‘destiny’? Log in to see images!

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I think Dixon fell under the “stupid suicide” catagory for not looking for a label on the level.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rick Ashley Posted:

I think Dixon fell under the “stupid suicide” catagory for not looking for a label on the level.

TBH, I thought I was was gonna get a ‘stupid suicide’ death for pulling a lever that flooded the room/floor with lava. Had that end more runs than I’d care to admit. Log in to see images!

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Something_Witty Posted:

TBH, I thought I was was gonna get a ‘stupid suicide’ death for pulling a lever that flooded the room/floor with lava. Had that end more runs than I’d care to admit. Log in to see images!

Just prooves you should buy those lava proof boots/suit at “traplevers R’ us”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!