Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Ban reasons poll

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

The Biggest and Greatest Bodyguard on the Interwebz

ban for derailing

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Morro the bumless Posted:

ban for derailing

thread derailment is almost inevitable in many cases. i really can’t see the use for such a rule.

nanafabulous personjesus

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

SG94 Posted:

Maybe we could have an official “warned” status that lasts for a set period of time (maybe coming with a posting limit). You’d get a notification and the reason you were warned. Commit another violation during your warning gets you at least temp banned.

I don’t think there should be a posting limit. The only halfway thing I could agree with is temporarily removing their ability to post in the serious forums if that’s where they were being a nuisance.

Otherwise I’m for temporary bans.

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

bop, i see your point, but still there should be some action taken to stop lolz threads from being violated, i.e. the biff/janie thread

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

FAIL Posted:

/disagree, that’s my thing. I try to keep it in RP threads, so I see no harm being done.

Also, I would like exposing who an alt is to be a bannable offense [for example someone saying “FAIL you’re manimal” or anything similar].

That is no fun.

QFT. I also like to whore around for a bit sometimes, FW wouldn’t be FW if we weren’t allowed to do that. So friend meLog in to see images!

ban for derailing

Strongly against this in RP. I actually enjoy my threads getting derailed/trolled. Remember we’re playing a game about annoying people on the internet.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 05/30/2008 5:20PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Oh, and about this derailing thing. If it really bothers the OP then they should be able to get it back on topic if they really wanted to.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

bop, i see your point, but still there should be some action taken to stop lolz threads from being violated, i.e. the biff/janie thread

That’s p gay, imho.

Look, everyone has a different idea of what is funny.

Some people think derailing a thread is hilarious, while others believe keeping it strictly on topic is.

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

its all subjective, nanafabulous personjesus, i just dont want to see someones work turn into a waste of time

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

its all subjective, nanafabulous personjesus, i just dont want to see someones work turn into a waste of time

It’s an internet game where, when you are banned, a banner that talks about the irony of banning someone for being an bumhole in a game where people can roleplay forum trolls is appended to your profile.

Also, it is FW. Everything we do here is a waste of time. Except for when the internet inevitably becomes serious business and permabans are called for.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Considering that Evil Trout doesn’t have much time on his hands and the mods are doing an excellent job so far I can’t think of a reason why the mods shouldn’t ban/unban at their own discretion. If there are dissensions they or people who disagree with their decisions can still contact ET.

About thread derailing, well sometimes it’s really a shame, but often it can enliven an otherwise dead thread or its quite entertaining. Also it’s not always easy to decide who started the derailing, it’s then a slow process with several posters involved. The RP forums should be as free of restrictions as possible.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

- Don’t think caps should be worthy of a ban

– I can’t think of anything to be added to the ban list

– I think a warning system could be useful in general instead of just banning someone off the bat (unless it’s obvious they were going for that result but mods know this ****).

wilD-****22

Level 10 Camwhore

i'm such a tedious, utterly useless **** that i deserve nothing more than a stock **** avatar

ban all tsb for a while, let the forums have a break

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

wilD-****22 Posted:

ban all tsb for a while, let the forums have a break

MC Banhammer Posted:

Keep in mind this thread is in Game Discussion, and those current rules apply. No including nude images to make a point, no trolling, no saying “everyone in TSB” or “Ban Velveteen”, etc.

First and only time I’m warning about this **** in this thread. Game Discussion, people.

wilD-****22

Level 10 Camwhore

i'm such a tedious, utterly useless **** that i deserve nothing more than a stock **** avatar

o_0 oops, ok

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

Hiya! I really love that you guys are enjoying the saga of me and Biff, and I’m glad you didn’t like to see it derailed. I’m sure if there’s still any lulz left in it, I’ll get it back on-track, and if not, then it’s probably outlived its funniness.

What I see on these boards as a rule is that most people are pretty respectful of the rp threads. I know SRSLY really tries to jump in and keep them on track, and most people respect that. I think the community will self-censure itself (i.e. jump on the offenders like the pack of rabid dogs we all know we are) in most cases, so I’m cool with it.

Can’t think of anything bannable, but warnable is a nice idea.

wilD-****22

Level 10 Camwhore

hmmmm….in that case…why not ban or limit clans that are too active in some areas, so others have a better chance? seems like theres a monopoly in some places, with some clans..-just trying to be constructive, here

edit: maybe place certain limits on all the side games, domination, etc…you could make so many rules up, really…vanilla scoop raid clan of last week may not try the vanilla raid the next week..there one out of many things you could incorporate

wilD-sLuT22 edited this message on 05/30/2008 6:30PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

wilD-****22 Posted:

hmmmm….in that case…why not ban or limit clans that are too active in some areas, so others have a better chance? seems like theres a monopoly in some places, with some clans..-just trying to be constructive, here

I feel like I’m being trolled in Game Discussion. Don’t like that feeling at all. May act on it.

There’s no way we’re banning entire klans from visiting the entire site. Individuals for certain activities, yes. Klans as a whole, no. And we’re not going to ban individuals for, say, leading a leaderboard just so other people have a chance at it.

wilD-****22

Level 10 Camwhore

yikes man, didnt mean it that way, just more ‘limitations’ in some areas. lol aint tryin to test ya

jeez i just looked at the first post…d’oh

wilD-sLuT22 edited this message on 05/30/2008 6:53PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Ah, your edit wasn’t in place when I responded.

Regardless, please read the OP to see what this thread’s purportedly about. Your suggestion is intriguing but doesn’t belong in this thread.

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I just wanted to quickly jump back in and reiterate that I think that all-caps in non-RP forums should continue to be actionable because I feel it goes over that line of acting like an bumhole, and actually being one. Non-RP is where out-of-character discussions are supposed to occur. Trollish perma-yell is not appropriate there, from my point of view.

However, complete opposite side of the coin, I think that thread-jacking is a valid activity in RP forums because you’re in-character, and doing something trollish like that IS appropriate there, again from my point of view.

[edit]

I think that trollish threadjacking is a valid activity in the same way I’d expect an emokid to try to threadjack a troll or camwhore thread with whatever’s crawled up his bum and made him cry recently, or a camwhore might try to threadjack some other thread with whatever reason you’re supposed to pay attention to them this moment.

killermist edited this message on 05/30/2008 7:04PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!