Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion What's your religious affiliation?

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I was raised a Christian, but I’m an atheist or agnostic or whatever… I mean, it depends on your definition of God; If you see him as some kind of celestial humanoid figure who lives in the sky and makes everything somehow ok for you and wants you to be happy and cares about you while at the same time Cambodians are slaughtered by the hundred thousands and those who survive are treated worse than farm animals and women in Africa watch their children get shot in front of their face while they’re raped, etc… Then no. Oddly enough, I don’t think that guy exists.

Unless I’m in a situation where I think I might die. Then I’m a Christian. I don’t want to got Hell or anything.

Celerysteve edited this message on 01/21/2009 9:58PM

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Pastafarian

hurpdederp

Level 32 Troll

“Permafail”

Nihilistic Agnosticism. As in: “If there is a god, it doesn’t matter because he does not intervene in our affairs”

Techno Phoebe

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

If that is so, what about all the miracles in the bible?! Log in to see images!

KOOL_BOY

Avatar: 161174 Wed Jun 03 04:19:07 -0400 2009

Level 29 Troll

HURF DURF KOOL_BOY IS RAD MY THREADS ARE SO RADICAL! PLEASE TELL ME I'M COOL

Agnostic here!

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Heathens represent!

Runox

[Screw Being Social-
Im My Own Klan
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Sorry that I don’t got much to add, since I’m kinda… indifferent about religion, but man, how do I love Flamebate, with it’s random topic changes. XD

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I missed this thread the first time around.

Diest for about 20 years now.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I’m a Discordian episkopos.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Oh wow, this is still around? I guess I’ll just elaborate on my first post, than.

Generally, I could care less about what somebody believes in…I’m more concerned with how their faith helps them in every day life. For example: Church bake sale to help a local cancer victim = Good. WBC picketing funerals = Bad.

To me, religion is largely a form of self expression (like any kind of art). So, I tend to treat somebody who’s saying “Ban gay marriage, ban stem cell research, ban abortion” the same way I treat somebody who’s explaining to me why “Death Magnetic” is a good album.

If I were religious…I’d probably be Taoist. I’m very interested in the philosophies of Buddhism and Taoism, and when I read Taoist text (like the Tao Te Ching) it really seems to hit home with me.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Nihilistic Atheist with traces of non theistic Satanism.

I believe that nothing really has a point, and that there is no god, religion is basically bull**** told to make you feel better about yourself and about the fact that your life sucks bum, to control you and keep you stupid, and that humanity should live only for themselves because in our western capitalist dog eat dog world type reality thats how stuff works out anyways.

tl;dr:

Realist.

Nougat

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Techno Phoebe Posted:

I believe they happened. Well most of them at least.

And I affiliate myself with Christianity more than anything but I take their rules as more guidelines instead of barriers in which I must live my life around. If there is a God I believe he is forgiving because he hasn’t wiped us all out yet. So I live my life within a moral boundary where my limits are my personal feelings. If I feel bad about something, I won’t do it usually and vice-versa.

God is relative.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Existentialist.

waffle person

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Christian-turned-Atheist.

I used to believe, but soon figured that the church, the Bible, and the idea of “God” were all total bull****. All of it. I hate organized religion, the church, and all of the problems they caused. They try to keep a large amount of people stupid, but I was able to wise up and find out that they are only there to control other people’s lives and deny them their basic rights.

I’m proud that I am not deluded by the mbumes and that I stand up for science, medical advance, true human rights, and logic. Screw religion. Screw the church. Screw the stupidity of everyone and the lies they believe in.

[/rant]

Damey

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Deist.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Techno Phoebe Posted:

Didn’t happen. Like the rest of the Bible, it was made up to delude people into following Christianity by giving it a sense of legitimacy. I mean, if someone just walked up and SAID pretty much anything in the Bible to you, you’d probably run away screaming or punch them in the face or something.

Especially the part about baking your poop into cakes and eating it.

(Someone had to say it)

Amphitrite

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

No one was in taoism before eh?

Grew up into combination of Taoism and Buddhism. I went to temples and prayed to the land god and to Guan Yin (Avalokiteśvara). By 10 I was Atheist, and then they tried to preach me into Christianity. Currently I’m Agnostic.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Personally, I’m agnostic.

p much that but bordering on atheist

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I have no affiliation.

I sympathize with Occam’s razor, zen, and Diogenes of Sinope.

Princezz_Und-
ies

Avatar: 121015 Mon Jan 19 16:50:27 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

She's so mean that instead of using deodorant she gargles disinfectant and licks her armpits

long story. i’m a calvinist-turned-atheist but although i don’t believe in god’s existence i’m very interested in all kinds of religion.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!