Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion What's your religious affiliation?

Gutsman

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I’m an Atheist.

I’ve thought of taking a religion, but I couldn’t choose one because there are WAY too many to choose Log in to see images!

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Atheism is not a religious affiliation; it’s a lack thereof. I’m of the particular belief that religion is a crutch for the mbumes, as well as a dangerous tool in the hands of a select few. People will subscribe to whatever ridiculous bull**** you throw at them, which is why the more obviously false religions, like Scientology, are still successful. The only real difference between the more radical religious organizations (Creationists, anyone?) and the moderate ones is that the radical religious zealots are too deluded to be concerned about whether they’re actually right or not, so criticism doesn’t work on them. Moderately religious people have nothing but the argument that “You can’t prove me wrong”, and tend to become irritable when asked if they’ve really considered their faith in a light of reason.

My parents and my sister are all guilty of this; I point out some glaring contradictions in their precious Holy Book, and they invariably respond with, “I don’t want to talk about this.” Religion was once something they pestered me about, mocking me for “close-mindedness”. Now nobody in my family mentions religion to me, because they know they aren’t equipped to argue with me on any factual grounds.

Even if there turned out to be a deity of some sort, I would still consider religion a sham. All it does is perpetuate close-mindedness and a broken system of moral absolutes. If there were a god, I should hope it would expect people to think rationally. Any supreme being that advocates blind faith over logical deduction and the careful consideration of empirical evidence cannot possibly offer me a heaven I would deem worth entering.

That said, I have no religious affiliation. Anybody responding that their religious affiliation is “atheistic” should probably look up the term.

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Humanist.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

AgnosticLog in to see images!

notameme

[9 VIBRATING bumPLUGS]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Atheist.

Religion is laughable.Its belief in something supernatural.

Nothing is supernatural. Its all Log in to see images! notameme edited this message on 11/13/2008 6:19PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

hard to say. some elements of buddhism are very interesting, but more like a philosophy.

the only thing all people can believe in, is the joy of sex. that could unite mankind.

much more important than which god is right is to have doubts. they can never be used in favor of a religion or ideology

capi duffman

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

christian, i guess

Master Bate

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Scientologist.

Tig O-Bitties

Avatar: 24201 Thu Nov 06 12:02:31 -0500 2008

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

Atheism is not a religious affiliation; it’s a lack thereof.

Anybody responding that their religious affiliation is “atheistic” should probably look up the term.

Actually, this depends on your interpretation of the word “atheist.” It actually has two meanings: 1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God; 2. absence of belief in the existence of God or gods. Atheism that actively rejects the existence of a deity or deities is considered a doctrine and, therefore, would fall under the heading of “religious affiliation.”

That being said, I’m an atheist. And yes, I consider that to be my religious affiliation.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Hindu was ages 0 – 14.

Then, I realized that organized religion is some messed up nonsense.

And then, I became an atheist. So I hate organized religion of all kinds.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/19525

Read the whole thing. It gets interesting. The OP expresses my viewpoints, but a lot of the other ideas make a good amount of sense too (besides the trolling posts).

Post ur own thoughts if u care. If not, don’t bother.

ghax edited this message on 12/28/2008 4:28AM

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

The OP is yourself….

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

DarkDespair5 Posted:

The OP is yourself….

exactly

so by definition, the OP expressed my viewpoints, did I not?

ghax edited this message on 12/29/2008 12:49AM

Cygnus

Avatar: 100228 Fri Aug 21 11:03:02 -0400 2009

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Extremely anal (in more ways than one)!

Mormon, but … very open-minded. Log in to see images!

SplodeyDopy

[iBoxxy]

Level 34 Emo Kid

desperate attention whore

I don’t know actualy..

raised christian.. but the dark side is pretty cool you know

Jim McPerson

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Raised as eastern orthodox schismatic, the kind Pope warns you about, but now I’m… dunno.

I still believe in presence of a higher power/deity, but I don’t believe he/she/it gives two damns about a small wet & muddy planet and its inhabitants. **** if I know what that makes me.

Mitchewawa

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

God made me an atheist. Who are the religous to question gods will?

But seriously, I am atheist due to the fact that science has a flawless track record of success, as opposed to religion (IE: Love your neighbour/Murder is sin/Kill all gays/Stone all furries/Murder all who dont believe).

If god was all mighty and flawless, why is the bible full of contradictions?

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

CloudieGin Posted:

Mormon, but … very open-minded. Log in to see images!

You’re officially the hottest Mormon I think I’ve ever seen.

Me: agnostic. I used to lean more towards theist, now I’m more dead-centered.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Surprise Surprise I am a Card Carrying Member of the Church of the SubGenius

Earth Dragon

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Pagan

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

I’m an Atheist. There is no hard evidence that there is any omniscient power, so im not buying it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!