Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Ban Me Game balance and roleplaying

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

I put shock images in my sig because i'm an bumhole!

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

SG94 Posted:

Tell me about it.

Seriously, you’ve been throwing the term “game balance” around for a bit, tell me what you mean by it. I’d be surprised if you had anything significant to say, but at least explain yourself.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

BTW I really do “get it” and to be honest, I think it’s funny as hell.

But it’s bad for the overall health of this game. Is it funny as ****? HELL YES IT IS!

Is it eventually going to do more harm than good to the game if people aren’t forced into roleplaying when they post?

Yup. That’s all I am saying really.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

TSB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLog in to see images!

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

i don’t know why i’m responding seriously but anyway, i’m amazed you think that if people were forced into rping there would be more posters. if you forced emos and camwhores to rp when they post, there would probably be like 5 of each who actively post. your ideas are misguided. find a new scapegoat

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Also, I don’t know if you have taken any time to look at the characters RPing and the people in TSB.

Most of the good RPers are in either TSB or SRSLY, friends of TSB.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

SG94 Posted:

Seriously, you’ve been throwing the term “game balance” around for a bit, tell me what you mean by it. I’d be surprised if you had anything significant to say, but at least explain yourself.

What I mean by game balance is primarily two things.

1. it is FAR easier to RP a troll than a camwhore or a Emo, in this game, because most people find Emos or Camwhores boring or stupid.

Trolls have been given a sort of “cool” stigma here, which is wierd, IMO because as a moderator, I think Trolls are the weakest clbum of low life around.

The vast majority of trolls on other sites, are niether funny, nor cool. They are booger eaters, and mouth breathers, who are easily shoved back into their holes, just by ignoring them, or forcing them to wise up. In real life Trolls aren’t that clever normally.

At least that has been my experience as a moderator.

But here, Trolls seem to have all the power, an Emo or Camwhore who tries to post in character has no chance, because the clbum itself just basically sucks and isn’t funny. Unless they are EXTREMELY good at their roleplay, which is not usually the case.

The second thing I mean by gamebalance is, if a VAST majority of posters all hail form the same Klan and all gang up together, then it hinders the ability for those from other smaller Klans to roleplay.

Naturally, what I am describing here, is a HUGE WIN for TSB. The truth of the matter is, they flat out DO dominate Flambate. With a small few exceptions, TSB dominates flamebate.

If the other Klans, would just do what TSB did, and friggin learn from their example, and back each other up, it would help.

But for some reason or another, everyone is too chicken ****, to be “that guy” like I am, and make a big noise attacking the big bad Klan.

No one wants to be “that guy” and so most of the Klans don’t support each other in Flamebate.

Oh sure they do, when it comes to domination, but in Flamebate, I wake up, log on, and see a screen full of threads started by, and dominated by TSB day after day after day.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

BirdofPrey Posted:

i don’t know why i’m responding seriously but anyway, i’m amazed you think that if people were forced into rping there would be more posters. if you forced emos and camwhores to rp when they post, there would probably be like 5 of each who actively post. your ideas are misguided. find a new scapegoat

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

FAIL Posted:

Also, I don’t know if you have taken any time to look at the characters RPing and the people in TSB.

Most of the good RPers are in either TSB or SRSLY, friends of TSB.

For the record, I never said that TSB didn’t have good roleplayers, I NEVER said that. Clearly they do.

Ans SRSLY is an outstanding klan, flat out terrific klan who always support real efforts at roleplaying.

And yes I know that TSB is their friends.

I am just saying it is not enough.

All I have to do, to prove that is point to all the threads TSB starts and dominates.

AND, that is NOT just saying that TSB is doing it wrong. It is also saying that other klans need to step the hell up and get involved and back their own guys more.

Even if I said the funniest thing ever uttered by man (and I admit I am not very funny) I would still be told it was “gay” by 99% of the posters on Flamebate, just for the laffs.

And frankly, that is stupid.

I have seen far too many attempts at roleplaying fail, just because the thread was started by the wrong person, NOT because it wasn’t good or funny.

Deplorable

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

No, John. You are the demons.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

I was refering to forcing TROLLS to actually RP.

Emos and Camwhores, usually do, with a few stupid exceptions.

Trolls on the other hand, often aren’t roleplaying anything.

I wouldn’t even mind that, if they would just stop attacking the idea of roleplaying.

Good trolls will pwn the hell out of stupid threads, and they should. But stupid trolls who add nothing to the game, and rip on the roleplay are boring and cause flamebate to be boring.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

Anyway, **** it I no longer care, my point has been made.

You disagree, and that is fine.

Just write me off for being a retard, I really don’t give a ****, it’s just a free game anyway, and I was having fun being the guy who everyone loved to hate.

I sure as hell don’t really care what any of you think of me personally, but I was sort of hoping that the overall health of this game would mean something to you.

Meh…**** it who cares? Eventually episode two will come out, and everyone will forget about this ****. At least until episode two has been pwned by everyone, then this **** will start up all over again, not by me, but someone will notice what I am seeing and point it out, and become “that guy”.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Flamebate is boring because there is only around 20 people posting regularly.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

la noche triste Posted:

Flamebate is boring because there is only around 20 people posting regularly.

QFT

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

so the bottom line of this thread is fenk the midnight stabber what stabs at midnight thinks that if smart trolls were forced to roleplay dumb trolls flamebate would be better.

noone here ‘attacks rp’ unless it’s really ****ing stupid. show me an example of one of us attacking a good rp thread. seriously

if tsb wasn’t here these forums would be a mess. thank god we still outnumber you people, if not this place would be headed towards the kol route at breakneck speed

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

so the bottom line of this thread is fenk the midnight stabber what stabs at midnight thinks that if smart trolls were forced to roleplay dumb trolls flamebate would be better.

noone here ‘attacks rp’ unless it’s really ****ing stupid. show me an example of one of us attacking a good rp thread. seriously

if tsb wasn’t here these forums would be a mess. thank god we still outnumber you people, if not this place would be headed towards the kol route at breakneck speed

Or maybe you are misunderstanding me.

Or maybe you are right and I am just stupid and you should just ignore me.

Or maybe you are just intentionally misinterpreting what I said for the lulz.

My bet is on the latter.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

or maybe yo’re a ****tard

my guess is on the latter

nameless

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

BirdofPrey Posted:

No the point is that if there is a good thread started, it gets jumped on and there are 20 tsb posts in a row that are the same as the 20 posts in a row they post in every single other thread- pictures, insulting the OP, the same person quoting himself, 3 other people quoting without saying anything. It was funny for a couple days, but it gets boring quickly. That’s not trolling, that’s spam.

It’s not even worth the effort to scroll through to see if there were any worthwhile posts in between the tsb spam.

It’s why I stopped reading flamebate most days.

Edit: oops wrong alt! But my point still stands.

nameless edited this message on 05/25/2008 7:26PM

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

who the **** are you to talk about flamebate you ****ing lurker. gtfo

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!