Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Suggestion: Rollover time moved to a few hours later

dRAgon_HItlEr

[Team AWESOME]

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Honestly, I think the rollover time should be moved to something like 3 AM instead of 12 AM (which I bumume is what it is right now), because last night I was playing at around that time and I cannot play today because it already rolled over. This was before I knew about it and before I had done a single thing in the game other than set up my character. Some people still play at midnight but 3 or 4 AM seems to be a time where almost nobody is up, especially not playing Forumwarz. Just a suggestion from me.

EDIT: Also, apologies for not noticing the general suggestions thread.

dRAgon_HItlEr edited this message on 11/05/2007 2:32PM

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

I think a lot of people suggested rollover should be “24 hours from when you ran out of turns” or somesuch. It seems like potentially the best option that won’t significantly change some of the game’s dynamics. But I don’t know how doable such a thing is.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

dRAgon_HItlEr Posted:

Honestly, I think the rollover time should be moved to something like 3 AM instead of 12 AM (which I bumume is what it is right now), because last night I was playing at around that time and I cannot play today because it already rolled over. This was before I knew about it and before I had done a single thing in the game other than set up my character. Some people still play at midnight but 3 or 4 AM seems to be a time where almost nobody is up, especially not playing Forumwarz. Just a suggestion from me.

EDIT: Also, apologies for not noticing the general suggestions thread.

It’s worth looking into. We’re going to study playing habits to see the optimal time to do these rollovers. Keep in mind the different time zones as well.

Don’t worry about posting in general suggestions, these individual topics are helpful as well.

Meolove

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

‘24 hours from when you ran out of turns’ only means that if you don’t time when your turns are going to be refreshed and plough through them as soon as possible, you’ll keep getting them later and later until you miss a round of turns. Refresh at midnight works best for me, dunno about anyone else.

dRAgon_HItlEr

[Team AWESOME]

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Meolove Posted:

’24 hours from when you ran out of turns’ only means that if you don’t time when your turns are going to be refreshed and plough through them as soon as possible, you’ll keep getting them later and later until you miss a round of turns. Refresh at midnight works best for me, dunno about anyone else.

The only reason it doesn’t work for me is exactly the situation I’ve described in the first post; if you play late one day, you basically miss a whole day’s worth of turns. Perhaps some sort of system that would allow you to have those extra turns up to a certain limit.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

Maybe have the extra turns rollover into the next day? So every day’s set of turns expire in 48 hours if not used. That way, at any point in time, you would have 8 turns maximum, I think, which would just be making up for the previous day you missed. But if they’re used, they’re used. And you proceede as normal?

UniqueSnowfl-
ak47

[Loner]

Level 15 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Kelp Plankton Posted:

Maybe have the extra turns rollover into the next day? So every day’s set of turns expire in 48 hours if not used. That way, at any point in time, you would have 8 turns maximum, I think, which would just be making up for the previous day you missed. But if they’re used, they’re used. And you proceede as normal?

That or spend fifteen minutes running through your turns before midnight?

PhonesItIn

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

dRAgon_HItlEr Posted:

Meolove Posted:

’24 hours from when you ran out of turns’ only means that if you don’t time when your turns are going to be refreshed and plough through them as soon as possible, you’ll keep getting them later and later until you miss a round of turns. Refresh at midnight works best for me, dunno about anyone else.

The only reason it doesn’t work for me is exactly the situation I’ve described in the first post; if you play late one day, you basically miss a whole day’s worth of turns. Perhaps some sort of system that would allow you to have those extra turns up to a certain limit.

Didn’t this only happen because it was your first day and you didn’t know about it? It seems obvious that rollover would occur at midnight, though. Besides, it’s not particularly hard to just use your turns before midnight.

I really like the way things are now.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

The issue is that “midnight” is different for everybody.

out here on the west coast, my turns reset at 9pm.

not that i’ve ever run into issues with that, i just play my turns at 9pm.

pokeyseks81

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Cubear Posted:

This is what I do as well. I play my turns around 9pm after rollover, then when I get into work I check on my deliveries.

Steve Perry

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

pokeyseks81 Posted:

Cubear Posted:

This is what I do as well. I play my turns around 9pm after rollover, then when I get into work I check on my deliveries.

This is similar to what I’ve started to do. I take my deliveries in the morning, then male reproductive organ around on the forums for a bit, and eventually I’ll use my forum visits.

dongs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

JOIN TEAM AWESOME NOW AND GET FREE LOLICON HENTAI!

I know there’s been a lot of comparisons to KoL, but their adventure system is pretty slick. Fixed rollover, and the turns carry over to a certain maximum. I don’t know how this would work in the context of things like delivery and story events that depend on the day change, though.

Filthy bumis-
tant

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

This is just like that rule about feeding a mogwai after midnight but how does it know when midnight is when it’s in different place, plus it’s from china apparently so who knows?

Schildkrote

Level 10 Troll

I LOVE SUCKING BIG BLACK male reproductive organS MMMH YEAH HOMOTASTIC GIVE ME THAT SPUNK

I agree with the overarching opinion that forum visits should be storable up to a certain point. I haven’t had any issues with wasting visits myself (aside from my own stupidity like not bringing enough healing), but I can see how it’d be a pain in the bum.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Not to mention it totally ****s with being in a radically different time zone.

Although I originally thought it rolled over 24 hours after your last forum visit… the more you know.

Chilean Sea -
Bastard

[Pessimists]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m in kinda the same boat here, and while I don’t know that a 3 am time would be any better, the idea of limited roll over seems like it would work well. After all, sometimes you just can’t play every day.

Prosthetic_m-
ind

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

well, you could change it to a system where instead of having forum visits “roll over”, you could have it so you get a forum visit every 6 hours, and raise the max acgreat timesulated visits a bit

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Good feedback guys. For now we’re going to move the rollover until 7am, following the visits. Looking at our logs it’s the time when the fewest people are playing, and therefore less likely to be screwed over.

Will be looking into carrying over visits too!

Halberd

[Emo Is The Lonelie-
st Number
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Damn, I enjoyed hammering out my turns shortly after midnight. What else is there to do at this hour besides sleep?Log in to see images!

Schildkrote

Level 10 Troll

I LOVE SUCKING BIG BLACK male reproductive organS MMMH YEAH HOMOTASTIC GIVE ME THAT SPUNK

Halberd Posted:

Damn, I enjoyed hammering out my turns shortly after midnight. What else is there to do at this hour besides sleep?Log in to see images!

Yeah, I was the same way. It’s not a big deal that the rollover was pushed back, though.

I dunno, what if it was possible to pick your own rollover? You could have it restricted so you could only set it once a week, something like that. Probably just a pipe dream though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!