Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Scientology - is it a cult?

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How is Scientology more of a cult than the ever-so-popular Christianity answer me this yeah im going there

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

BeBoBli Posted:

How is Scientology more of a cult than the ever-so-popular Christianity answer me this yeah im going there

READ the threads you reply to!

I don’t like wasting my time explaining something just to have someone asking exactly what I posted.

here’s the post: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/192255

See-Nah-MoNs-
TeR

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Sooo… I’m european… so I know the catholics, cristians, jews, elders[kind of like american mormons but slightly] budists, indus, muslims, etc… yet nobody could ever truly explain to me the premiss of scientology. Except for the fact that it has Tom Cruise as an equipable item and it seems to have a weird theory on alien inhabiting our bodies [I think, I could be wrong.] what does scientology truly does?

IN my small minded point a view a religion is inevitable, even when we dont call it religion all of us are religious about something. So if they have to exist let them bring out the best in people inspire them to achieve and to become better through non destructive means. Let it teach you something that doesnt equal to hate, greed and basic betrayal of your principals.

The Holy Roman Catholic Church, don’t know if the term is correct in english, during the dark ages was an example of how a religion or faith could be transformed into a corporation, and it seems to me that scientology and many others are following this trend by “selling their realigion”.

See-Nah-MoNs-
TeR

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Ok… kind of a big post… sorry got carried away.

McQueen

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Hail Lord Xenu!

See-Nah-MoNs-
TeR

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

McQueen Posted:

Hail Lord Xenu!

Hail the great Überbiergött

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Scientology is neither a religion or a cult. It is a business. It is a company. It is a source of revenue. L. Ron Hubbard as most of you know spent the majority of his life as a science fiction writer and was once given the notion the way to sustain true success and profit is through religion. In my own mind I like to believe that Dianetics was written as complete satire and those who follow it our just too dense to get the overall message.

One of my favorite books is The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Just imagine if everyone who ever read that book took it seriously. I can’t say Hubbard wrote it to be satire or not, but in my mind that’s what I want to believe. To me it just makes sense that way.

Hands down it’s just a business. Cult and religion aside; those running the “church” don’t care how people view it as long as they keep profiting and long as people/groups don’t pose a major threat to them.

See-Nah-MoNs-
TeR

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

that seems to be the problem with modern religion. It has become a business, it serves itself instead of its believers.

Robbed

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

CreepPipe Posted:

Scientology is neither a religion or a cult. It is a business. It is a company. It is a source of revenue. L. Ron Hubbard as most of you know spent the majority of his life as a science fiction writer and was once given the notion the way to sustain true success and profit is through religion. In my own mind I like to believe that Dianetics was written as complete satire and those who follow it our just too dense to get the overall message.

One of my favorite books is The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Just imagine if everyone who ever read that book took it seriously. I can’t say Hubbard wrote it to be satire or not, but in my mind that’s what I want to believe. To me it just makes sense that way.

Hands down it’s just a business. Cult and religion aside; those running the “church” don’t care how people view it as long as they keep profiting and long as people/groups don’t pose a major threat to them.

QFT

Its not the scripture or the religions I hate, its the power and the dollars behind it.

Hubbard’s history is hilarious and the beliefs of Scientology is twice as funny. Seriously – if you haven’t, read it!

Yes, it is cult.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

CreepPipe Posted:

You say this, but it could be said about all organizations (and/or religions). Everyone cares about money, because without it they have no influence (with a few rare exceptions.) That doesn’t mean that they only care about making a profit.

The only reason people dislike scientology is because they think their views toward religion (that includes atheism) are superior. Get off your high horse.

Arktor edited this message on 06/15/2008 12:23AM

Yes.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Yes.

emotion_blee-
ds

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’m not sure what exactly the church of scientology is, is it actually a church that worships science, or are those satanist rumours true. Further research needed. Personally i think most organized religion is completely bogus, just preying on peoples’ fears. I’m atheist i guess, though i do believe in some of the basic rules of many religions, be good to others, etc etc.

EPIC FLAIL G-
UY

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Yarly Log in to see images!

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

What is scary is that Hubbard TOLD people exactly what he was going to do – create a bull**** religion purely to make money. Hubbard lived in the 20th Century and STILL there are ****tards out there following his bull**** and disagreeing with the obvious facts – and people still argue that the bible is gospel truth. **** me, Kermit will be a Saint next…

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I want to take one of their tests maybe it’s fun and they can tell me why I’m weird

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

elenaratelimit Posted:

I want to take one of their tests maybe it’s fun and they can tell me why I’m weird

I’ll go ahead and give you the results:

YOU ARE DEPRESSED

YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BOOK *hands you a copy of dianetics*

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Paraone Posted:

I’ll go ahead and give you the results:

YOU ARE DEPRESSED

YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BOOK *hands you a copy of dianetics*

how much does it cost

is there a tax involved

can I meet tom cruise?

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

elenaratelimit Posted:

how much does it cost

is there a tax involved

can I meet tom cruise?

not much really.

yes.

no.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Paraone Posted:

not much really.

yes.

no.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!1111111

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!