Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Scientology - is it a cult?

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I think Scientology is a cult… a greedy one… and it should be banned or something.

Discuss. Serious business.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

are you seriously in team shortbus or do my eyes deceive me

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Scientology is very cult like. But it is also a religion that will never be taken seriously.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

gigerth Posted:

are you seriously in team shortbus or do my eyes deceive me

chillaxe dude it’s just an illusion

MINDFREAK

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

la noche triste Posted:

Scientology is very cult like. But it is also a religion that will never be taken seriously.

cults should be taken seriously I think… I mean think how much money people pour into it and all the misinformation they are made to believe…

I mean if it’s very cult like… it’s mega serious business, ultra.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

scientology is a cult

emojah

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

not

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

emojah Posted:

not

could you please state this opinion in the form of a full sentence

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

emojah Posted:

not

hm?

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

emojah Posted:

not

why isn’t it

DeadMcMahon

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

emojah Posted:

not

I’m sorry, but I get the distinct feeling that you are gay. Unless of course you can dispute my opinion.

emojah

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Scientology is a scam

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

elenaratelimit Posted:

chillaxe dude it’s just an illusion

MINDFREAK

wtf im booting you what kind of fabulous person **** is this

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

wtf im booting you what kind of fabulous person **** is this

YOU ARE SO ****ING RIGHT!!!!!1

super fegs

Tervez

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Scientology will be destroyed by the Anonymous.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

When it comes down to the bare bones, I think Scientology is just like any religion – people within the same faith use religion for different reasons, they put emphasis on different elements of the religion, and most importantly – they have religious believes that can be entirely independent to themselves. The god of a pro-choice Christian is not necessarily the same as the god of a Pro-life Christian. Your faith is always something unique and personal to you.

And in this sense, you have different kinds of Scientologists. For instance, you have Tom Cruise (probably THE poster boy of Scientology) who publicly lashes out at and browbeats any opposition, jumps up and down on Oprah’s couch, smiles wide for the paparazzi, etc., generally drawing negative attention to the faith. Adversely, one of my favorite musician’s, Beck, is a Scientologist, but practices in a dignified, solemn way, and is more concerned with how the religion helps it’s members than how people judge him for practicing, etc.

In the end…I can understand, and, in some instances, agree that Scientology is a cult, or exhibits cult-like behavior. But Scientology is also one of those cases where people judge it based on a generalized overview, and ignore it based on the personal, popular level.

Hythloday

Avatar: 46087 Thu Oct 16 17:16:30 -0400 2008

Level 18 Hacker

Ghost in the Machine

Scientology is not a cult, but a dire threat to the Syntax and the Natural Logarithmic Order.
Primary.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Cult, period.

Group of semi-intelligent people bottom feeding on the stupid/low-esteemed in a disgusting scam for money and lobbying of idiotic beliefs.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

WHERE ARE YOUR THETANS NOW?

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

however you try to look at it they still remain a cult.

They tend not to like any critique against them. I haven’t heard of the Vatican suing people for mocking their religion or calling it a cult in the 21st century.

Scientology doesn’t take no for an answer and doesn’t respect people who decide to leave Scientology because they have opened their eyes and decided not to believe in their theories. When I quit frequenting church I didn’t haven’t been stalked by my church even though most people there knew me and my family, neither did anyone bug me (unless people pbuming greetings to me qualifies as bugging), nor was I spammed mbumively by the church except for the collective Saturday evening suppers for which I specifically asked to be bugged for since I out of student-principle do not refuse an occasion for FREE FOOD.

The Holy Catholic Church also respects the secrecy of confession: never have I heard any secrets of any friends leave the confession booth, nor has any friends of mine ever been blackmailed by a priest. I’ve never even heard any secrets from friends in non-catholic churches leave the building even though I know many members often share secrets with reverends at the church for advice and yet in most countries in non-catholic chuches secrets are not even legally protected concessionary secrets.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!