Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Anyone want to help me with creating a static IP address? I can't get it to work :/

my_mother

Avatar: 43437 Sun Nov 23 19:27:56 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

my woman's genitals smells like freedom

I miss my Mac! I can’t seem to create a static IP address in Vista because I can’t find my DNS?! Also, I’m pretty dumb so not too much tech talk would be good Log in to see images!

Also, any help with torrents would be greatly appreciated!

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

“Any help with torrents”

What sort of help?

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

:S Well as I said I’m pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded utorrent so I could dl stuff from isohunt and other places but I didn’t realise it would be so complicated (for my little girly head) and it was asking all these things in set-up that I didn’t know about port forwarding and stuff :/ I Just want to be able to download torrents and I heard utorrent was the best way?

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

my_mother Posted:

I miss my Mac! I can’t seem to create a static IP address in Vista because I can’t find my DNS?! Also, I’m pretty dumb so not too much tech talk would be good Log in to see images!

Also, any help with torrents would be greatly appreciated!

statics are old, DHCP is the go – you need to punch a hole through your firewall for your torrent client. Give me a yell if it all goes pearshaped.

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

also – use Azureus for torrents – best by a mile

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

200KillerWasps Posted:

statics are old, DHCP is the go – you need to punch a hole through your firewall for your torrent client. Give me a yell if it all goes pearshaped.

Ehh, yeah I had heard of this DHCP thing, but I’m not too up on the tech stuff so I wouldn’t have a clue how to go about it, is there a website that can give me a runthrough do you know? So I shouldn’t waste my time with a static?

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

my_mother Posted:

:S Well as I said I’m pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded utorrent so I could dl stuff from isohunt and other places but I didn’t realise it would be so complicated (for my little girly head) and it was asking all these things in set-up that I didn’t know about port forwarding and stuff :/ I Just want to be able to download torrents and I heard utorrent was the best way?

If you know what your router is, then do a google search on port forwarding for that particular router.

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

200KillerWasps Posted:

also – use Azureus for torrents – best by a mile

Is that as opposed to utorrent or sites like isohunt? Sorry for being untech Log in to see images!

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

my_mother Posted:

Ehh, yeah I had heard of this DHCP thing, but I’m not too up on the tech stuff so I wouldn’t have a clue how to go about it, is there a website that can give me a runthrough do you know? So I shouldn’t waste my time with a static?

get Azureus, then go to their site for a walkthrough – worked for me – and I’m thick as 2 short planks when it comes to port forwarding

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

my_mother Posted:

Is that as opposed to utorrent or sites like isohunt? Sorry for being untech Log in to see images!

Uh, don’t listen to him. Utorrent is far less buggier than Azeurus. I alternate between Transmission and Azeurus on my mac, but would use Utorrent if I had a PC.

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

If you know what your router is, then do a google search on port forwarding for that particular router.

Yeh I went on portforward.com and did what it said for my router and that is when it came up telling me I couldn’t go any further unless I set up a static IP?

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Or, uh, just take advice from one person. Let me know if you need any help, I’ll let wasps carry on from here.

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

Uh, don’t listen to him. Utorrent is far less buggier than Azeurus. I alternate between Transmission and Azeurus on my mac, but would use Utorrent if I had a PC.

Well I’m borrowing Moms PC til I get my Mac back from the shop so I definitely don’t want anything that is susceptible to bugs.

So I’ll stick with utorents while PCing.

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

Or, uh, just take advice from one person. Let me know if you need any help, I’ll let wasps carry on from here.

well, it is a **** sometimes with torrentz – I’ll check my settings and try to help

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

OK thanks pants. I’ll try a few things. I guess if it’s not my computer I can’t be too worried…

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

sorry Pants – I just jumped in ‘cos I know how ****ing frustrating it can be :/

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

200KillerWasps Posted:

well, it is a **** sometimes with torrentz – I’ll check my settings and try to help

Thanks, I just want to get into a little illegal piracy! I thought it was supposed to be easy!

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

my_mother Posted:

OK thanks pants. I’ll try a few things. I guess if it’s not my computer I can’t be too worried…

Honestly, everyone has the same problem when setting up their router etc. Torrents are a ****, but once you’ve got it right, and you’re connectable, your speeds will be so much faster.

Also, if you’re using public trackers, I’d stick to ThePirateBay and Mininova if I were you. Generally more reliable than the other public ones.

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

Honestly, everyone has the same problem when setting up their router etc. Torrents are a ****, but once you’ve got it right, and you’re connectable, your speeds will be so much faster.

Also, if you’re using public trackers, I’d stick to ThePirateBay and Mininova if I were you. Generally more reliable than the other public ones.

Rad, because I was going to give up when it got too confusing, but if it’s worth it once it’s done I’ll do it. And thanks for the public trackers, I’ll give them a go.

200KillerWas-
ps

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

my_mother Posted:

Thanks, I just want to get into a little illegal piracy! I thought it was supposed to be easy!

sailing the 7 seas of cheapness is never easy Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!