Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me The Antifreeze Cap

NOT Evil Tro-
ut

[Brainfreeze]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Veer Posted:

2 Hour Raiding: A Failure in General.

Indeed. 10 hour raid FTW.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

That 10 hour raid was indeed epic, but the problem with nerfing it would be it’d **** over every single small klan trying to raid. Effectively killing raiding in small or unmotivated klans.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Echuu Posted:

That 10 hour raid was indeed epic, but the problem with nerfing it would be it’d **** over every single small klan trying to raid. Effectively killing raiding in small or unmotivated klans.

Cooldowns between raids.

Well, that was anti-climactic. Care to play again?

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I guess when thinking about it the antifreeze and vanilla thing is in fact the similar, both took a lot of time and effort but they differ in that retards can’t get vanilla due to that they have to perform well and not get kicked by their klan. And vanilla requires a lot more coordination.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Echuu Posted:

retards can’t get vanilla due to that they have to perform well and not get kicked by their klan. And vanilla requires a lot more coordination.

That’s a joke… right?

Raiding: Press one bumon when the leader tells you to. GOOD JOB!

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Goth_Jesus Posted:

That’s a joke… right? Raiding: Press one bumon when the leader tells you to. GOOD JOB!

We’ve kicked loads of retards that can’t click the right bumon when the leader says so. They’re called retards for a reason.

Raids are more about stamina these days anyways.

Echuu edited this message on 06/15/2008 10:51AM

Fatquack

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

We don’t allow people to just leech. If they do not participate, they are kicked out of the raid.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Echuu Posted:

Raids are more about stamina these days anyways.

Exactly like gambling for antifreeze was.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Exactly like gambling for antifreeze was.

AntiFreeze: Was limited by time since you can earn money and therefore had no real numerical limit.

Vanilla: Numerically limited by the number of visits available which is max 12*participants-11. Though to be honest I think most raids have about 15% falloff where we pwnd a 13th forum by mistake or lost forums down to 9-10 and had to use visits that gave no scoop reward.

Chocolate: Numerically limited only by (players*submissions)/5-1. Likewise, but until now there have been very few high scorers and nobody is screaming ‘bloody murder’ when this scoop category has the current highest limit.

Goth_Jesus Posted:

That’s a joke… right?

Raiding: Press one bumon when the leader tells you to. GOOD JOB!

I do not see you scoring big on raids, which means you either fail at pressing that bumon. (BAD JOB). Or you just have nothing else to **** about when your parents are out of town. I Log in to see images! you.

Edited chocolate scoops for correct numbers).

Westside Wizard edited this message on 06/15/2008 11:37AM

The Grinning-
Man

[Good Omens]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

You do realize that Goth_Jesus and myself are solo klan raiding to get our scoops ie that each of us are limited by the number of personal alts that we can throw into a raid. Due to the likelihood of someone else pwning two or more of our 12s at an given time we tend to lose efficiency vs a standard klan vanilla raid. On the brightside it’s much easier to coordinate getting pistachios and yellows during solo klan raids.

In all honesty I’m not a great domination player but Arktor’s ability to consistently get into the medals mix with his alts despite not being in a big domination klan indicates that he’s actually much better than virtually any other domination player.

Back to the original point of the thread before it became a big wank-off about the strength of vanilla. I do think the anti-freeze cap should be increased although it really won’t change much because every vanilla raider should have tons of   for gambling as well.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Wow, your nose must be really brown after that.

Echuu edited this message on 06/15/2008 11:41AM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

The Grinning Man Posted:

You do realize that Goth_Jesus and myself are solo klan raiding to get our scoops ie that each of us are limited by the number of personal alts that we can throw into a raid. Due to the likelihood of someone else pwning two or more of our 12s at an given time we tend to lose efficiency vs a standard klan vanilla raid. On the brightside it’s much easier to coordinate getting pistachios and yellows during solo klan raids.

If you can’t manage pistachio and lemon during a klan raid, you’re doing it wrong.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

The Grinning Man Posted:

In all honesty I’m not a great domination player but Arktor’s ability to consistently get into the medals mix with his alts despite not being in a big domination klan indicates that he’s actually much better than virtually any other domination player.

Back to the original point of the thread before it became a big wank-off about the strength of vanilla. I do think the anti-freeze cap should be increased although it really won’t change much because every vanilla raider should have tons of   for gambling as well.

Does not matter. This site looks to me like being built for multiple people working together and not for playing with oneself. (Yes I know it feels good to play with yourself but it will never get you laid). The likelihood of someone pwning more than one of your forums before you can reclaim 12 is no different than for any other klan. Surely you have discovered that you can pwn multiple forums with different characters simultaneously?

IMO male reproductive organed bumpickle (or whatever) is better than Arktor, but that is probably just a case of whose behind taste better to you.

Vanilla and Antifreeze are actually a bit polarized against each other since you are unable to pwn for high flezz forums all the time if you are in a raid and have to settle for low gains with the result being less money to gamle with. Of course you can choose a sixth level anchor and so on, but in reality the highest turnover rate is the lower level forums with essentially no flezz gain at all. This is also true if you want to manage pistachio and lemon.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

please dominate me <3 <3 <3

The Grinning Man Posted:

Arktor’s a great and smart forumwarz player, no doubt. But much better than all the other dom players? pffft what the **** ever. If you want to say he’s the greatest solo player, then I definitely agree. But the rest of us enjoy being in klans and having fun with other people, raiding with them, and getting a crapton of scoops. Yay for social games?

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Westside Wizard Posted:

I do not see you scoring big on raids, which means you either fail at pressing that bumon. (BAD JOB).

Or I don’t want to spend 10 hours of my day raiding. Did you ever think about that?

Westside Wizard Posted:

AntiFreeze: Was limited by time since you can earn money and therefore had no real numerical limit.

Vanilla: Numerically limited by the number of visits available which is max 12*participants-11. Though to be honest I think most raids have about 15% falloff where we pwnd a 13th forum by mistake or lost forums down to 9-10 and had to use visits that gave no scoop reward.

Even given a huge stockpile of flezz, you will go broke sooner or later while gambling. It’s simple understanding of random numbers. You can earn hundreds of scoops first, but at the cost of flezz.

You use a huge stockpile of klan members in order to earn hundreds of scoops, at the cost of visits.

If you want to prove me wrong with regards to being able to earn money by gambling, then here’s a simple challenge: make it to the first page of the most flezz chart by the time the leaderboard next updates.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Summary: Forumwarz’ endgame is relegated to people who are willing to spend 10 hours straight clicking bumons and whose idea of a vibrant social life is typing text in chat rooms. Just as it is with every MMORPG on the planet.

I think we might need to face up to the likely possibility that this can’t be fixed without destroying Domination in the process.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

You used to be able to make money by gambling. The nerf killed that AFAIK.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Pluvius Posted:

Summary: Forumwarz’ endgame is relegated to people who are willing to spend 10 hours straight clicking bumons and whose idea of a vibrant social life is typing text in chat rooms. Just as it is with every MMORPG on the planet.

I think we might need to face up to the likely possibility that this can’t be fixed without destroying Domination in the process.

Since when is Forumwarz an MMO? I honestly don’t see how a nerf on raiding (say, only one raid [two hours] per week) would break domination. It would only put non-raiders at less of a disadvantage.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Since when is Forumwarz an MMO? I honestly don’t see how a nerf on raiding (say, only one raid [two hours] per week) would break domination. It would only put non-raiders at less of a disadvantage.

It doesn’t break domination, just klans. We have members from several time zones. Do they need to splinter into separate klans to raid?

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Pluvius Posted:

That’s a rather cynical attitude with which I disagree. Surely it must be possible to tweak the rewards for raiding to a point that it gives the dedicated few a well-deserved edge for their effort without completely dwarfing the competition in the process.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!