Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Do the INCIT timers need to be so long?

InaneAnomaly

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

This is more of a suggestion rather than a complaint, really. I just get annoyed with the timers being so long on INCIT.

I discovered the the other night that if there aren’t enough entries, the bot automatically gives more time because it can’t continue until it has a minimum of five submissions. Surely this means the timers don’t need to be as long. I mean, I get bored and go off to look at other things only to suddenly remember about INCIT and come back in time to have had my entry disqualified because I missed the friggin’ vote!

At the very least couldn’t there be an optional noise thingy? You know like some annoying chime or some **** when the timer’s about to run out or something, like 10/20 seconds left? The optional part would stop fabulous persons from whining about it much like I am whining right now about the timers in general.

AHEM.

Anyway, whatever, just felt the urge to **** and thought, “Hey, what the **** is the point of the forums here anyway?” and stuff.

Peace out, ****es. Log in to see images!

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

I do agree they could be a little shorter. At least the voting time could be shorter. Some nights, there’s enough good conversation in there to keep me occupied, but others I find myself clicking away to surf while I wait and forgetting.

wilD-****22

Level 10 Camwhore

i'm such a tedious, utterly useless **** that i deserve nothing more than a stock **** avatar

i think theres not enough time sometimes, for reading other ppl’s posts and voting when the game has over maybe 10-15 submissions, tho i think longer would suck. i think the time for entering a submission tho should be a little less. also the time in between rounds where it shows the winner should be shorter. -thats my two cents.

wilD-sLuT22 edited this message on 05/20/2008 7:11PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

The few times I’ve popped in, I’ve though the submission time is too long by about a minute, and the voting time too short by about 30 seconds.

InaneAnomaly

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Yeah, I think it’s the submission time that’s too long, but the voting should be a little longer, actually.

When there’s a lot of entries I usually run out of time.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

InaneAnomaly Posted:

Yeah, I think it’s the submission time that’s too long, but the voting should be a little longer, actually.

When there’s a lot of entries I usually run out of time.

Yeah, the submission time should be shorter.

The voting time should either be variable based on the number of submissions OR should end automatically when everyone has voted (i.e. if that happens before the timer expires).

InaneAnomaly

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

enire Posted:

Yeah, the submission time should be shorter.

The voting time should either be variable based on the number of submissions OR should end automatically when everyone has voted (i.e. if that happens before the timer expires).

That’s a good idea.

Smige

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Or take illegal druggzz and wake up the next day feeling refrezherxd

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Smige Posted:

Or take illegal druggzz and wake up the next day feeling refrezherxd

Already warned you about trolling in non-rp’ing forums. And what the result would be.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!