Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business I made a coilgun

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I haven’t done much work on the guns lately. I got some protoboard from radioshack and make the charger smaller for the plastic gun, but that’s it.

For ****s and giggles today I wired up all my smaller flash capacitors and shorted them while fully charged.

Normally a flashcap is about 240 or 330 uf. in total this bank was over 1500 uf. I also have two other 550 uf caps that I’m saving for the big gun.

When i hit the contacts together it was as loud as a firecracker and echoed.

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I love the pictures of the tiny burn. It’s barely even a visible injury. I’m sure it hurt like a **** and all…Log in to see images!

Pretty cool.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

I’ve been ****ing away time by just making sparks lately.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Bumped because i’m cool.

Also I just finished pulling out the flyback transformer from a 17 inch CRT screen.

I’ll be playing with super high voltage arcs pretty soon. Expect pictures/videos.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

I quit working with the flyback because it’s too confusing and I don’t have the right transistor. Log in to see images!

But, I’ve redone my blue coilgun with a bigger capacitor bank (400v, 470uf instead of 330v, 320uf) and a better charging board.

Sadly, even though it’s got a better board, it takes ages to charge. 10-15 seconds is a long time, and the “ready” light isn’t working reliably. I think there is a resistor screwed up.

Anyways, i’ll give pictures later because it’s way after midnight and i have parties and work. maybe video later.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

take a vid of you shooting something with one of these

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!