Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface How can we encourage players to participate in Flamebate?

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

-God- Posted:

Maybe by posting this everywhere?

HILARIOUS PICTURE

success

EDIT OH GOD I DON’T WANT TO GET BANNED Log in to see images! BirdofPrey edited this message on 04/24/2008 10:14AM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

-God- you are sooo b&. This is Game Discussion. Log in to see images!

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

^^^I don’t think your are supposed to post such things in this forum

Just_Cy Posted:

Kinda disregarding the (tbh in some way intriguing) war on words with onli vs. others, I’ll jump back to the point about newbies being confused about the role-playing:

I can see that at first sight the forums may seem a bit confusing especially when it comes to where to role play and where to not role play. Sure, there are those board rules stickies around, but let’s face it, not everyone is going to read them. Read this or risk ban… meh, I decided to risk ban and see what happens…

One partial solution which could ease the “confusing rp-situation” for newbies might be renaming the IRL group of topics into something like “IRL (no role playing here)”. That would be very clear from the get-go and might even prevent some newbies just coming in and trolling their way through the IRL forums as seen on RP-forums, though at least so far that hasn’t been much of a problem. (At least I haven’t noticed the problem, but I haven’t been spending that much time here either as I have lots of other things to do.)

But in conclusion, I’m also quite against stupid warning labels and lame instructions, so I don’t find it necessary to rename the IRL group or anything. I’m sure people most will find out by themselves what to do and where. And yeah, this Internets isn’t serious, just look at this Log in to see images!

The renaming thing was just something I thought of, when I saw that someone had had problems with identifying the role-playing topics.

———

TLDR: Nothing of much importance here, you can easily skip this one… go back to your quite hilarious feud pls.

I don’t know if renaming forums is needed, as 99% of the people seemingly get whats going on here. It might be a good idea though, if people are not posting because they are confused. Maybe some lurkers will care to show some insight?

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

So wait wait wait… people are actually just that stupid in the non-RP forums?

For example:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/5560?page=1

Just look at this thread. Look at it. Goddamn. Orasha and some others are posting ridiculously stupid ****, yet it’s definitely difficult to tell who’s serious here considering it’s not under the RP threads so it could just as well be genuine trolling.

Note for anyone who can fix this annoying ****: Auto-URL tags don’t work.

BeBoBli edited this message on 04/24/2008 11:07AM

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Posting to bump Bigguyinblack’s Flamebate score.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Marcos El Malo Posted:

Posting to bump Bigguyinblack’s Flamebate score.

It doesn’t work that way, unless you’ve never before responded to one of his threads. When a single alt responds to a thread you started, you get one point. No further responses from that alt, no matter what thread they’re in, will add to that.

Funny that you did that back to him though. Log in to see images!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

I’d say the roleplaying and non roleplaying forums are pretty well partitioned from another. And even then, there’s always reading the description of the forum.

I’m really not a fan of actively recruiting new posters, as it can only lead to utter fabulous personry in the end.

Let the good ones wander in on their own.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

MC Banhammer Posted:

@onli: I did put readme stickies at the top of each forum, indicating which rules apply in each one. But since that didn’t seem to work for you, I’d love to hear any ideas you may have on what would make it less confusing, either in this thread or via tubmail. Thx!

One suggestion would be implementing a larger separation between the game discussion and the role-playing areas. I don’t know if it’s possible, but maybe you could use separate tabs up top, one for game discussion & help, one for Flamebate. Add to that a different style to make it easier to tell which forum you are in.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Posting again to bump Bigguyinblack’s Flamebate score.

Lord enjoy

[eat dinner with me-
tanawat
]

Level 10 Camwhore

Knights of LOL Official Ball Hanger

evilhamster Posted:

One suggestion would be implementing a larger separation between the game discussion and the role-playing areas. I don’t know if it’s possible, but maybe you could use separate tabs up top, one for game discussion & help, one for Flamebate. Add to that a different style to make it easier to tell which forum you are in.

I can’t believe we’re talking about how being able to tell what ****ing forum you’re in is an issue.

Maybe some people just don’t feel like posting. Can you blame them? I sure as hell don’t feel like posting.

(but I post anyway because posting is my anti-drug)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!