Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Upvoters speak up!

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Ok, apparently there are few people who are up-voting all submissions. I’m one of them. I’ll admit it’s a little boring, but it does make me feel a little better.

Who else does it?

And if you are a mbumive down-voter, I suppose there’s not point in asking to admit you are. Whatever.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I used to try and pay attention, pick the best posts to upvote, downvote the dumb ones. But that takes too much time. I think the number of votes allowed should be limited, like 10x your # of submissions for that round.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

I usually vote up a lot and down a little, based on how I feel. This time around I’ve decided to upvote every last entry, for lulz.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i pbum on anything that doesn’t elicit a strong reaction, vote accordingly otherwise.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Since I don’t know what the selection criteria for submissions is, I suspect global upvoting might just be 1/5 of a chocolate for every submission and a little good feeling…except now everyone knows you’re doing it, so mentally they’ll knock off a vote.

I figure as long as i’m going through and clicking lots of tiny bumons I might as well try to make the game more to my liking and reward funny people. Now if there were an upvote script…

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Since chocolate scoops will come from INCIT soon, there’s not going to be a reason for upvoting (or downvoting) for much longer.

Arktor edited this message on 04/22/2008 8:54PM

Sir Tasnica

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I upvote everything that looks like it had some effort put into it, and is at least somewhat original. I pbum most other things, and only downvote the really lame ones (cheap ripoffs of other ideas and the like).

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I vote based on what I like. I will be playing the forum, and it would be nice if it had a good look to it and has good content. I hate to downvote though, so I’m just pbuming on everything that I’m “eh” on and just downvoting the terrible stuff. On the other hand, some submissions are so awesome I wish there was an option to upvote something twice (maybe a limit of 10 per round?)

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Lately it’s been kinda… eh, not great. People downvote so much that forums end up having repeat threads now. Much more frequently.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Balloon Posted:

Lately it’s been kinda… eh, not great. People downvote so much that forums end up having repeat threads now. Much more frequently.

This is so true — creativity is at an all time low Log in to see images!

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I have decided to cancel out both the upvoters and downvoters by pbuming everything.

I think one of the problems with forumbuildr is that new forums come and go so quickly, which burns people out really fast. :/

rohina

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 10 Troll

Queen of Mean

I would really like to see a voting limit based on forumbuildr score. I try to upvote more than downvote, but in some categories it is really difficult.

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

It takes me about 10 minutes to do all my submissions. I used to take time and effort and think them out, considering every detail. I always got downvoted. SO I just type random very special bull**** and the chocolate scoops pour in. Seriously. I got a bunch of votes for Rick_Astley last time. *sigh*

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

The way I see it my random upvoting isn’t going to let bad submissions in. You see, all it does is cancel out one MMDV (mbumive multi down-voter). Now it’s up to the person who judges fairly. If it’s bad it gets another downvote- rightfully. Of course there are more than one MMDV so that submission will go down again anyway. They outweigh the MMUV (figure it out) so it’s just offsetting it a just a little.

What does this amount too? It gives the submissions a little more time to get seen by a fair judge. And it might just pull out ahead.

I vote up for most, and don’t vote if I don’t get it. Occasionally I come across something like “4clanlolzors” and vote down, but not very often.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!