Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing A very SERIOUS discussion about Antifreeze Scoops. Seriously.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

markchd Posted:

Multi deck and 6:5. Why not just straight Vegas rules multi deck blackjack? Continuous shuffle kills the card counters, so nobody would do better than basic strategy. The 75% push is just weird. If you want to use rule variations, look at online odds calculators, like this one: http://www.drgamble.com/rules/blackjackcalculator.htm to get to the odds you want. No split aces is a good idea, IMHO. Why reinvent blackjack? If you can’t get to the odds you want with reasonable rules, maybe you don’t want blackjack in the game.

Also, most folks only double down when it’s already a smart bet. Why should they get double scoops?

Fair. These aren’t written in stone, and won’t be implemented tomorrow. So there’s time to review and define. I’ll check out the site and post revised rules a bit later when we’re closer to implementation.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Just wanted to comment on the limit after a week of play. I have 4 characters, all gambled to reach the 5 scoop max.

– Time spent for 35 scoops (7 days, 5 scoops) was around 25 minutes per character over the course of the week.

– Given the scoop restriction I didn’t play much after I’d picked up my five scoops and this very much reflected in flezz gains. (Unless you get on a real lucky streak very quickly flezz gains and losses are pretty minimal. It’s the hours and hours of playing that seem to allow for flezz building with the current blackjack format.)

I thought that time spent was absolutely reasonable for the scoop output, but never felt like there were enough scoops on the line that I couldn’t skip playing if I wanted to be competitive. For the scoops to matter in Dom, you pretty much have to feel a little twinge if you miss some, and of course players who are going for maximum achievement should feel like their effort is producing something that those making no effort aren’t getting. So, perhaps a slightly higher scoop maximum. I’d suggest a raise to 8 – 10 scoops per day. This wouldn’t increase the time spent radically, but especially if Gamblebot is going to a 4 deck blackjack, will make things a little more interesting.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I certainly wouldn’t mind raising the number of max AF scoops. It’s were half of my dom. cards come from.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Fair. These aren’t written in stone, and won’t be implemented tomorrow. So there’s time to review and define. I’ll check out the site and post revised rules a bit later when we’re closer to implementation.

thats funny since blackjack is paying 6:5 rite now

oh ig uess its been a coupala days

Leechbait edited this message on 05/07/2008 8:40PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Leechbait Posted:

thats funny since blackjack is paying 6:5 rite now

oh ig uess its been a coupala days

Read the blog. We made some changes. Also I said that we’d work on Step 2 after Step 1. Which is now. You are the one who is funny!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Read the blog. We made some changes. Also I said that we’d work on Step 2 after Step 1. Which is now. You are the one who is funny!

me..?..

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Can you still get AF for martyring 3 times? So if I figure this right you can get ONLY a total of 45 (bumuming you did 2 martyrs before the start of the next week) and you happened to win 5 a day from gamblebot. 11 cards. Not bad… but probably won’t be able to take min scoops, but you can cause a bit of damage.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

The new changes to “21” (it can’t really be called blackjack anymore), especially the 6:5 only limit the AF scoops to the people with unlimited  . If I only have 5-10k to start I would lose it all to gain 2-3 scoops. Definitely not worth it since “21” is boring, and I need my   to keep my supplies stocked up.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Not if you’re good at blackjack. I’ve usually been getting 5 a day for a while now when I started with 23K. And I’m in the 30’s now. I pretty much break even give our take 4K.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Having a decent flezz base is a little more important with the changes. I have one character that is up, 2 that are down around 6k, and one that seems to do nothing except lose. At some point if the losses continue I’ll have to take a week off to flezz grind with that last character.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Balloon Posted:

Not if you’re good at blackjack. I’ve usually been getting 5 a day for a while now when I started with 23K. And I’m in the 30’s now. I pretty much break even give our take 4K.

It doesn’t matter how “good” you are at blackjack when the odds are now significantly more against you. It’s not a money-making game anymore, that’s all I’m saying.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Ok then, I don’t know why I’m winning more.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!