Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing A very SERIOUS discussion about Antifreeze Scoops. Seriously.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t really care for the idea of rigging blackjack to solve the antifreeze problem. Not everybody playing blackjack is going to do it for high stakes; there are going to be people who just play lower stakes amounts for fun, and what’s the point of screwing them? And as it is, it’s already a flezz-sink. So it gets rigged to sink more flezz and then what? People will just need to start with bigger bankrolls. After a while, that’s trivially easy and that’ll just give people who are able to rake in tons of flezz (disproportionately camwhores) a bigger advantage just because of an arbitrary clbum choice. But maybe if the antifreeze payout decreased some exponential amount over the course of the week, it would eventually not be worth it after a certain number of wins to keep gambling for scoops.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Try I was playing blackjack recently am dI had about 14K in flezz. After I few rounds I got about 3 antifreeze and has at 16. Then I played somemore. I ended up with a total of 7 antifreeze and 6K. I knew I was going to waste money I expected to lose all of it actually.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

It seems like a decent percentage of the problems with Antifreeze can be rectified with changing either the ratio of winning bets to scoops from 2:1 to maybe 10:1 (Sure some people would still get crazy scoops but dealing with 200 AF scoops is far easier than dealing with 1000). Another option would be to only deliver AFs on blackjacks. That would reduce the allure of AF scoops for domination play significantly.

Of course that would only increase the relative value of Klan Vanilla which might require a further nerfing of that ruleset.

The other solution would be to determine the maximum number of scoops that can be won in the Pistachio and Yellow categories and create hardcaps on the other scoops types = to that total. So in theory bumuming you had 12 yellow visits banked at the beginning of a Domination session you could at most get 40 Visits x 3 For Incredible Speed = 120 Yellow scoops during any given Domination Period. Under this system I’d probably increase the amount of pistachio scoops given to better match the maximum amount of yellow possible.

Altogether this would make an absolute maximum weekly count of scoops earned of 600 scoops. Considering the unlikelihood of anyone being able to max out all 5 categories this would seem to be more than enough to determine who the best player is in any given week.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Just reporting that I am still beating the house. I’m at 275 300 325k now, it’s ridiculous.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 04/26/2008 4:16PM

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Summergirl_94 Posted:

Just reporting that I am still beating the house. I’m at 275k now, it’s ridiculous.

Composition based blackjack betting strategy FTW! With your bank you should be able to withstand the vagaries of extended losing streaks. I’m not saying you couldn’t go on a 75k crash but you should be able to stay in the 150-250k range for an extended period of time.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I hear somebody made a composition-dependent table that’s fully accurate for GambleBot’s rules, none of that splitting stuff.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I tried using the guide but that didn’t help any. I usually stay on 18 and hit on anything lower if it’s on the first two cards. You’ll only have 1bout 3/10 of getting A-3. If you have 3 cards and you’re a 17 and 16 then I’d stay. But if he;s packing an ace weigh it. I believe gable bot stays at 17. So if he hits a 16 he’s got 1/2 a chance of not busting on his next card. You know… if it was fair and all.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Wiki’s updated with a simplified version of what I use.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

As I understand it, gamblebot:

1. uses a single deck, continuously shuffled.

2. Dealer stands on soft 17.

3. Player blackjack is a win, paying 3:2 even against dealer blackjack.

Any other weird ****?

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

When you tie, you get your bet back.

Expect some loooong losing streaks even when using the wiki’s blackjack table since each hand is independent.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

markchd Posted:

As I understand it, gamblebot:

1. uses a single deck, continuously shuffled.

2. Dealer stands on soft 17.

3. Player blackjack is a win, paying 3:2 even against dealer blackjack.

Any other weird ****?

4. Double Down on any hand

5. No Splitting

(5) is the most uncommon rule, but (1) and (3) combined are also unusual: more common is a 6:5 payout on BJ with a single deck. As it is now, the advantage would be with the player if it weren’t for (5).

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

why hasn’t some stats guru run the odds on this weird set of rules? I’d just like to know what house edge is.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

people have, it depends on which card you are using.

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Well clearly there is an optimal strategy. I guess I’m asking what house edge is against said hypothetical, composition-dependent strategy.

markchd edited this message on 04/28/2008 1:28AM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I use a chart that matches the wiki. I doubt that is optimized for the rules on GB, because the only thing that’s different is the table for splitting is just deleted. I’m sure that changes the odds on some of the other hands so it can’t be optimal, but it’s close enough.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Velveteen Posted:

people have, it depends on which card you are using.

Seriously, I haven’t been able to find it. Tons of odds calculators for all kinds of rulesets, but No splitting? Can’t find jack ****. I’m sure it’s very close to even, though.

evilhamster Posted:

I use a chart that matches the wiki. I doubt that is optimized for the rules on GB, because the only thing that’s different is the table for splitting is just deleted. I’m sure that changes the odds on some of the other hands so it can’t be optimal, but it’s close enough.

No splitting just deletes a possibility to the player in some situations, the best play in all other situations isn’t affected. The wiki also clearly states that the chart is simplified: to optimize your odds you want a composition dependent strategy which is more complicated.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 04/28/2008 1:52AM

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Summergirl_94 Posted:

No splitting just deletes a possibility to the player in some situations, the best play in all other situations isn’t affected. The wiki also clearly states that the chart is simplified: to optimize your odds you want a composition dependent strategy which is more complicated.

The fact that you can’t split still hurts comp dependent strats. What do you do against K3 with 66?

edit: Stand, duh. I guess I just fixed the boss media card.

re-edit: I’m still not sure on that hand, actually.

markchd edited this message on 04/28/2008 2:27AM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Against a king with 6,6? Hit. Or against a 3? hit.

The odds are probably affected because 6,6 is not considered when they figure the odds for what to do when you have 12 total. They bumume you are going to split depending on the dealers card.

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

against a 3 you hit 10,2 or 9,3. You stand 8,4 and 7,5; so 6,6 is kinda fuzzy.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

markchd Posted:

against a 3 you hit 10,2 or 9,3. You stand 8,4 and 7,5; so 6,6 is kinda fuzzy.

Where’d you get that from?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!