Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games INCIT Suggestions

The Cheat

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Re-Re

It's not just a clever name

I didn’t want to bombard the canucks with tubmails so I figured I would start a thread for INCIT suggestions. Hopefully this thread won’t fizzle.

1 – Move the chat pane to the right side (or the left) too many lines at once makes it hard to read and there seems to be a lot of unused space on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

2 – there seems to be some visual artifact at the top of some screens. It’s not a big issue, just kinda randomly annoying.

3 – Limit poster size so the whole thing fits on the screen (using suggestion #1 would alleviate this)

4 – On the winner screen, maybe only post the entries that had votes or maybe just the top three places to (maybe) reduce load time.

That’s all I had… I really like the game, it’s pretty fun and it could be a good way for those that can’t do the forumbuildr thang to get some scoopage.

VengeanceX

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Get rid of the topics (post as emo kid, etc. etc.). Nobody follows them anyways. Log in to see images!

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Get rid of “I’ve received a new submission!” and the time stamp

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

VengeanceX Posted:

Get rid of the topics (post as emo kid, etc. etc.). Nobody follows them anyways. Log in to see images!

At the very least, check to see why it’s Emo Kid 7 times out of 10.

Also: don’t have it skip three-way ties: people still want to see results, even if it doesn’t mean a reward.

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I think there might be an issue (if this will give out scoops) with people in the chat saying “blah blah is my submission vote for it”, especially if they get their Klan in to vote. Of course, if this DOESN’T give out scoops, then there’s no issue.

And image sizes should be watched. Sometimes they’re HUGE and take a long time to load. I also saw that sometimes when the server hiccuped, votes were lost.

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Show the upcoming img, and the results at the same time

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Lower the time to like 1.30 mintutes for suggestion and voting, and like 30sec-1min for results.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Metagaming and lag seem to be the biggest problems. Some steps are skipped thanks to lag and votes are sometimes decided by who submitted instead of what.

As for the captioning as an Emo/Troll/Camwhore it’s true that even if someone follows it the voters don’t.

The Cheat

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Re-Re

It's not just a clever name

JThizz Posted:

Get rid of “I’ve received a new submission!” and the time stamp

That’s a good one! Perhaps instead of IncitBot rambling on and on, there could be a counter that shows how many submissions have been received. That may be more trouble to code than it’s really worth, though

Stupid Magpie

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I like the “Have Received A Submission!” report, ramps up the stress for not having come up with anything at all in the face of another Lego picture.

I think the “how to play” linky needs to be up at all times, for people who join when the results are showing and wonder how to vote, etc.

I like the idea of having the chat on the right-hand-side of the screen.

I really like the idea of having the next picture preview while the results are up.

I have no idea how you could prevent klannish voterigging, without removing the IDC all together… and banning people from emailing each other, heh.

Xifihas

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How about just making it less incredibly laggy.

ChuckyDoom

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

IF you’re going to keep the character theme for each poster (which I think does make it a challenge), then it might help to have a reminder on the voting page as well to focus the voters.

At the VERY least, check the theme randomizer. EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO…..(ad infinity)

Xenosis

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Didn’t read thread. Mine are:

1. Image skip bumon, only skips by majority vote

2. Relevant pics for the clbum they’re tagged for

3. Show the results even when there are ties

Xenosis edited this message on 04/20/2008 10:57PM

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

forgot to paste it in here, but ET was in chat earlier. Said no to changing the chat box

targetthyself

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

hate the idea of labeling it, i don’t follow the suggestion, and probably never will. I vote/write the funniest period. It’s a nice idea,on the whole, but the lag can be really crippling. other than that. I agree with everything else save the topic refinement, obviously, so far mentioned.

targetthyself edited this message on 04/21/2008 11:06AM

Zre

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

This game should be renamed with “IF U A NOT IN CANADA/NORTH AMERICA – GET THE **** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”.

This piece of **** did not manage to recieve submission IN MORE THAN 1.5 MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know what’s really ****ing me off? CHAT. I’ve entered “LAGS SUXX” and it didn’t appear in chat for a ****ingly long time(after 1 minute i’ve just closed tab with this bull****).

But for some strange reason other players managed to chat in the same time — messages from them popuped all the time.

So right now incit SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS.

absolute zero out of 5.

AND THAT”S REALLY SAD Log in to see images!

Zre

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BTW. I belive that voting for n-th picture and giving title to (n+1)th can be combined.

It incredible BORING after vote is given.

male reproductive organ Diesel

[Short Bus Express]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Run multiple sessions of Incit, with 10-15 people max per session. It gets way to difficult to judge other entries when you have to scroll, scroll, scroll… against the clock.

Jimmy_da_geek

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

1. WAY too much time to write an answer. Long time = Lame answers. maybe 1 minute, 1:30…

2. Same with voting. Read the answers, submit fo rthe funniest. How the **** does that take a minute?

3. I didn’t even know what the “Emo, Troll, etc” meant. get rid of it.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

For the time being the timer for voting seems long for people, but imagine when it’s launched and people actually get reward, and during prime time you perhaps have 100’s of submission. You might skip the ones below but i think some people would appreciate the extra time.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!