Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Comparing Clbumes (Huge Spoilers)

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I am just wondering how the 3 clbumes compare in terms of attacks/stats. There seems to be quite a few complaints from trolls having troubles here.

So here goes for trolls:

Attacks:

Annoying Text

* Attack (12 – 15)

* Douchebaggery -2

* Refresh 1

Ascii Art Attacks

* Attack (7 – 8)

* Douchebaggery -1

* Refresh 1

Fap

* For 4 turns:

o Offense +3

* Douchebaggery -3

* Refresh 4

Spoil

* Attack (10 – 12)

* Douchebaggery -1

* Refresh 2

And my stats (at level 5):

Ego 100

Douchebaggery 38

Offense 2 (!)

Defense 9

Now this isn’t an e-peen contest, as I guess all people in the same clbumes will have similar stats. I’m really more interested in hearing about the 2 other clbumes and what kind of stats/attacks they have.

Richel Decos

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Okay, I’ll post for camwhores. Also Level 5, so the comparison should be pretty valid.

Offense 4

Defense 3

Ego 100

Sexiness 42

Flirt

* Attack (6 – 10)

* Sexiness -1

* Refresh 1

Post Bra Shot

* Attack (10 – 15)

* Sexiness -2

* Refresh 1

Post Underwear Shot

* Attack (23 – 26)

* Sexiness -4

* Refresh 2

Pump Me Up

* For 3 turns:

o Offense +2

* Ego +(30 – 35)

* Sexiness -4

* Refresh 3

Think

* Ego +(10 – 15)

* Sexiness -2

* Refresh 2

The Troll gets a good boost to defense, but I don’t think his abilities are nearly as good.

Mainwaring

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

—Whine About Parents/school/significant other.

* Attack 5/15/30

* (Stronger when Ego is low)

* Tears -1/2/6

* Refresh 1

—Post Depressing Poem

* Attack 20

* (Stronger when Ego is low)

* Tears -4

* Refresh 1

—Self-Mutilate

* For 9 turns:

o Defense +5

* Tears -2

* Ego +20

* Refresh 9

—Life After Death

* For 9 turns:

o Won’t die if Ego runs out

* Tears -10

* Refresh 9

Post depressing poem is pretty much the same as the whine attacks.

Ego 160

Tears 59

Offense 3

Defense 6

Mainwaring edited this message on 11/03/2007 11:59AM

Richel Decos

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

I think the emo kid is by far the most powerful after level 5. XSS until you’re about to die, Activate Life after death, pwn 4 or 5 threads with your ultra-high damage from 0 ego, self-mutilate once, re-activate life after death ad infinitum. The only thing you need to worry about is tears, but you’re not taking damage so using eyedrops is no big deal.

By the way, OP, I think you should get the heterozygous (sp?) tiger. It’s the most powerful reasonably priced item for any clbum, by far, and will boost your offense so that after fapping your attacks will do 26-28 damage.

Richel Decos edited this message on 11/03/2007 12:02PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Renamed thread because I consider listing all of our attacks to be spoilers Log in to see images!

Regarding balancing, I’m sure that some clbumes are probably harder to play than others. I’ve played through the game with all three and they all have strengths and weaknesses.

One of the most important things about this beta is that we’re tracking a lot of gameplay stats. What attacks are used the most, what upgrades are purchased the most, and what forums are proving the hardest to beat.

We plan to use these stats (and your feedback which so far has been excellent) to balance the clbumes. What you’re using right now is really a “first try” and should by no means be considered final.

Evil Trout edited this message on 11/03/2007 12:03PM

Mainwaring

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Life after death doesn’t really work like that. If you die with it on you get healed for about 20 but lose the effect, so you’re not invincible for the entire duration.

Emo kid is very powerful though, at near death my depressing poem did about 45 damage at level 5. Now that I have whine about significant other I can easily see myself doing 50+ damage consistently with that attack.

Mainwaring edited this message on 11/03/2007 12:04PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Please refrain from posting spoilers without the proper warnings.

Also, you used E-Peen™ without proper trademark attribution. We have notified our legal team at CrotchLawyerNet and they’re looking into it.

Richel Decos

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Oh, okay, sorry. My brother had only gotten life after death but hadn’t used it yet.

I don’t think emo kids are significantly more powerful than camwhores, then, since “Pump it Up” is much better healing while being a buff at the same time. Emo kids have two attacks which heal for 20 over 9 turns, while camwhores can heal for 30-35 at a time every three turns while buffing offense. This would appear to make camwhores stronger

BUT

Emo kids have a stronger starting package, so attacks in the same damage range do more for emo kids, and the low ego buffto attacks ends up resulting in much higher damage from attacks.

So, ultimately, I think the two clbumes are relatively balanced, especially compared to the troll. He can’t heal, he has one buff which is almost equivalent to the Camwhore’s buff of Pump it Up, but exchanging the big, juicy +30-35 Ego for a mere one more turn of +3 offense. His attacks are also the weakest in terms of damage, leaving him with no advantages over the other two clbumes except somewhat better equipment.

My conclusion, from playing or in-person seeing people play all three clbumes, is that the Troll ought to be buffed, preferably through adding new attacks, or through a new damage mechanism, i.e. the emo kid’s damage increases at low ego; give the troll something analogous to this, maybe something like a vampiric effect. This makes sense in-character as trolls do get a kick out of wrecking internet forums.

All said, I love this game (except the forum limit, but I understand where you’re coming from on that)! I appreciate your hard work and hope you keep it up.

MotU

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

My friend on her Emo Kid was basically able to wreck the Fitness forum with minimal healing items where as I had to blow all of my money on my troll and barely beat it by the skin of my teeth. Granted I think I may have built my Troll poorly, but it seems like kinda a struggle for me to pwn the latest forums.

Dinictus

[the abyss]

Level 22 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Richel Decos Posted:

My conclusion, from playing or in-person seeing people play all three clbumes, is that the Troll ought to be buffed, preferably through adding new attacks, or through a new damage mechanism, i.e. the emo kid’s damage increases at low ego; give the troll something analogous to this, maybe something like a vampiric effect. This makes sense in-character as trolls do get a kick out of wrecking internet forums.

Perhaps, similar to how we get more and more cred (and   ) for pwning threads in succession, can trolls get a bonus in damage for every few threads. Say, after 2 threads, +2 (or any other number of choice) damage, 4 threads, +4, and increments every 2 another +2? It would fit with the idea that trolls would be on a roll and hard to beat, but it might overpower them when they’re on a roll.

Dinictus edited this message on 11/03/2007 1:52PM

12yoIRL

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Dinictus Posted:

Richel Decos Posted:

Perhaps, similar to how we get more and more cred (and   ) for pwning threads in succession, can trolls get a bonus in damage for every few threads. Say, after 2 threads, +2 (or any other number of choice) damage, 4 threads, +4, and increments every 2 another +2? It would fit with the idea that trolls would be on a roll and hard to beat, but it might overpower them when they’re on a roll.

It would be a nice function with a counter-balance. I.E., being on a roll gives you an increasing chance to **** up an attack badly and go back to normal offence with decreased defence.

UniqueSnowfl-
ak47

[Loner]

Level 15 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

That or give trolls offense bonuses based on how high their douchebaggery is, percentage-wise. If the douchbag stat is high, offense gets buffed and they do more damage. The trade-off being that most trolls don’t seem to have that high of a douchbaggery stat, meaning that with the losses to it from attacking, they lose the offensive bonus quickly.

I dunno though, I might be too close to the Emo Kid gimmick for the admins to want to use it.

UniqueSnowflak47 edited this message on 11/03/2007 8:07PM

Filthy bumis-
tant

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Please refrain from posting spoilers without the proper warnings.

Also, you used E-Peen™ without proper trademark attribution. We have notified our legal team at CrotchLawyerNet and they’re looking into it.

CrotchLawyerNet™

Deep Hemlok

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

I think the vampire-type mechanic would be the best to add to trolls for a few reasons:

1. Differs substantially from the emo kid mechanic

2. Trolls are the only clbum with no healing

3. Seems to have a good in-character justification

4. Would give trolls a unique playstyle

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sorry for not adding the spoiler warning, as it is indeed pretty spoily. Thanks for the tip about the heterozigouswtf tiger, I’ll save up for that.

But yeah it does seem camwhore/emokids are pretty balanced with trolls behind. But I’m sure you guys playtested it well so maybe we’ll catch up later. Oh well!

Edit: that idea about vampiric attacks for trolls is really cool

InsertCoins edited this message on 11/03/2007 8:59PM

MotU

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Vampiric attacks fit really well with trolls since an oft repeated line is “I feed off this ****”

naUgHti sChw-
ARzenegGer

[Nationals Against -
Zionist Infidels
]

Level 10 Troll

I HAVE AN EXTREMELY SMALL male reproductive organ!

wow didnt realise how easy other clbumes have it. Now i wish o wasnt a troll Log in to see images!

xXDARK_KNIGH-
TXx

[The Elite]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Stats on my level 6 troll as at this level we actually get a fairly decent attack compared to other clbumes:

Offense 7

Defense 8

Luck 3

Frugality 3

Charisma 1

Upkeep 4

Alignment Neutral

Ego 100

Douchebaggery 63

-Annoying Text

* Attack (12 – 15)

* Douchebaggery -2

* Refresh 1

-Ascii Art Attacks

* Attack (7 – 8)

* Douchebaggery -1

* Refresh 1

-Bash Keyboard with Helmet

* Attack (3 – 6)

* Refresh 1

-Drool on Keyboard

* Attack (3 – 6)

* Refresh 1

-Fap

* For 4 turns:

o Offense +3

* Douchebaggery -3

* Refresh 4

-Insult

* Attack (20 – 25)

* Douchebaggery -3

* Refresh 1

-Spoil

* Attack (10 – 12)

* Douchebaggery -1

* Refresh 2

xXDARK_KNIGHTXx edited this message on 11/04/2007 11:31AM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

UniqueSnowflak47 Posted:

That or give trolls offense bonuses based on how high their douchebaggery is, percentage-wise. If the douchbag stat is high, offense gets buffed and they do more damage. The trade-off being that most trolls don’t seem to have that high of a douchbaggery stat, meaning that with the losses to it from attacking, they lose the offensive bonus quickly.

I dunno though, I might be too close to the Emo Kid gimmick for the admins to want to use it.

It might be nice to see an attack that starts off somewhat weak, but as they use it more and more they get more effective. (pushing people to their breaking point) It might not be great at first but given a longer forum it’d probably wind up awesome.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

The level 6 troll attack (Insult) was a very good surprise. The past attacks made it pretty difficult to pwn the newer forums (starting with KKK). Can’t wait to see what else is in store.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!