Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Maybe Evil Trout is still out there

World Revolv-
ing

Avatar: 286766 2022-03-30 02:07:49 +0000

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Think about it. This site is still up, the domain hasn’t expired, so evil trout or at least somebody at crotch zombies are still paying for the domain of this game somewhere. Maybe one day they will return, and if not, then they will probably just stop paying for the site domain and just let this game die completely.

RiseOfLyriq

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Some say that we are all Evil Trout’s alts, living through the peak of his career over and over again.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

ET has said that the domain doesn’t cost much at all (maybe 50 bucks/year or something like that) so he plans to pay for as long as he is alive.

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

Would be nice if he updated the site code and/or fixed the game part of it at least.

iDavid

[Rap dog and the mu-
lti colored bean f-
arts
]

Level 69 Hacker

very special beyond belief

AAHZ Posted:

Would be nice if he updated the site code and/or fixed the game part of it at least.

Sup Ahz, it was odd that they just all of a sudden abandoned this he was getting paid I thought.

1bit

Avatar: 287521 2022-11-08 00:04:24 +0000

Level 7 Hacker

EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF

ET has been working on a fairly popular commerce forum tool (Discourse) for 10 years now, he still regularly posts on Twitter but hasn’t mentioned Forumwarz in his blog at all, which leads the latest mention of Forumwarz being its own blogpost / twitter from 2017. The game’s been dead in the water for 5 years but the only reason that it’s still alive is because Discourse is most likely a very profitable tool to work on therefore some small odd sum of money for what is at most 100 unique people a year doesn’t seem like that far of a stretch. Log in to see images!

Cat Cat Phony

Avatar: 70261 Thu May 14 15:25:28 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I don’t think there’s any money at all in this, I’m pretty sure there hasn’t actually been any way to transfer money to the site in a couple of years. It just stays here for nostalgia.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You guys are mostly right, but some details are a bit off.

I do a very minor amount of maintenance on the game to keep it “running” but of course it’s impossible to track down and fix every issue. I did go back and edit some of the bits I find too offensive (use of the F-slur for gay people in particular). I also removed a slur for transgendered people.

Forumwarz costs about $20/mo in hosting. With all other fees I pay for (domain, DNS, etc.) it’s probably closer to $30/mo. Most months a few people buy BP but usually not enough to cover costs. That’s not a problem though, I’m happy to pay out of pocket indefinitely. I can’t promise that Forumwarz will always be up because it’s possible some aspect of running it will make it more trouble than it’s worth, but I love that it’s a snapshot of the Internet at a certain point and I’d hate to lose all that.

I actually have moved on from Discourse and am working on a new standalone game as a solo dev, with a goal of launching on Steam. It’s going to take a while, and will bear very little resemblance to this RPG.

I was very lucky with the success of Discourse, and Forumwarz honestly qualified me for that, so it’ll always be an important part of my history and I’ll always be very proud of what we achieved on this stupid dead site.

Team 9

Avatar: 264616 2015-03-12 13:14:32 -0400

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Holy Moly, he actually fixed the store.

Team 9 edited this message on 12/16/2022 5:59PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Damn, that’s a surprise. Glad to hear you’re doing well ET. Best of luck with the game.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I’m imagining a sequel where versions of Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk contact you on sTalk

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Catt although Posted:

I’m imagining a sequel where versions of Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk contact you on sTalk

It’s been, like, a decade. Who is here?

Edit: A whole generation ago, I interacted with ET. I got on the Halo and got carried. Rob was cool.

Even when I sucked.

markchd edited this message on 02/20/2023 11:40AM

Sup23

Level 7 Hacker

“Script Kiddie”

markchd Posted:

It’s been, like, a decade. Who is here?

Edit: A whole generation ago, I interacted with ET. I got on the Halo and got carried. Rob was cool.

Even when I sucked.

The concept is good (a game based on internet lore/lulz) . Maybe we’ll all get blown by a new current-events version in some years and it’ll go internets viral or something. Log in to see images!

Or it’ll just sit here and continue to rot for us dwindling original degenerates that randomly replay it. Log in to see images!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I have a Discord for old heads. Much like this game, I too have updated or made changes in good taste with time.

iRAWR2

Level 41 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Raepdog Posted:

I have a Discord for old heads. Much like this game, I too have updated or made changes in good taste with time.

send me an invite? Log in to see images!

Dr Donald Me-
nzel

Avatar: 264437 2013-08-02 02:56:38 -0400

[Majestic 12]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

iRAWR2 Posted:

send me an invite? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!