Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Ubisoft is further crippling their customers

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Stay clbumy, Ubi.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/17/ubi-drm-activation-limits-respond-to-graphics-card-changes/

“Oh? You upgraded your graphics card? That’ll be one activation, please.”

Considering Ubisoft already has ridiculous DRM such as ‘U ALWAIS HAV 2 BE ONLINE 2 PLAY DIS GAYM HERP DERP’ I’d be honestly surprised if anyone even legitimately buys their games. At least I won’t have to deal with ****ty DRM if I pirate their games.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

So essentially if you replace a part of your PC’s hardware four times you have to buy another copy of their game?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

So essentially if you replace a part of your PC’s hardware four times you have to buy another copy of their game?

Technically yes. I think you can get more activations but you have to contact their support and it requires a proof of purchase, which is null and void if you bought a digital copy.

Half of people will be stupid enough to buy it. Luckily, those people will also be stupid enough to buy it twice because they ran out of activations.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

And yet, this does not prevent piracy at all. Only the legitimate users are punished, which is bull****.

It’s like having a man at the cinema who yells “DON’T RECORD THIS MOVIE!” at the top of his lungs every five minutes. It’s bloody annoying, ruins the movie for the guys who payed £10 a ticket, and the pirates can still download a scream-free version of the movie.

King Krimson edited this message on 01/20/2012 5:05PM

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

plus who buys ubisoft games anyway.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

bobdisgea Posted:

plus who buys ubisoft games anyway.

You say that now, but wait until Beyond Good and Evil 2 comes out. Then you’re ****ed.

bobdisgea

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

King Krimson Posted:

You say that now, but wait until Beyond Good and Evil 2 comes out. Then you’re ****ed.

lol it will take a lot more than that to get me to give ubisoft money.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

bobdisgea Posted:

lol it will take a lot more than that to get me to give ubisoft money.

Such as you having money.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Adapt Posted:

Your post was so good it has convinced me to keep reading flamebate for another week. Damn You To Hell!

bobdisgea

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

Adapt Posted:

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

when will people learn that pirates will just pirate and that if they make a good game with no drm annoyance, it is more likely that people who pirate will buy.

King Krimson Posted:

And yet, this does not prevent piracy at all. Only the legitimate users are punished, which is bull****.

It’s like having a man at the cinema who yells “DON’T RECORD THIS MOVIE!” at the top of his lungs every five minutes. It’s bloody annoying, ruins the movie for the guys who payed £10 a ticket, and the pirates can still download a scream-free version of the movie.

lolperfect

AvengerousBi-
rd

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Do what everyone does.Its Pirate Time YARRRR

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!