Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Rate this essay.
Poll: How well written is this essay?
You must be logged in to vote.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

For reasons I’ll reveal later, I’m posting this essay that I recently received. I’d like the ForumWarz Community to give feedback on it. Feel free to vote in the poll and also provide your personal opinion on this essay. Note: I did not write this essay, so please vote based on the merits of this essay from an anonymous user.

*********************************************************************************************************

Dangers of identity theft by Anonymous User.

Identity theft is a crime that has very broad effect. From a loss of money to loss of reputation it is a crime that leaves victim with a severe amount of pain. This crime can hurt your life and plans for life. There are many different methods that identity thieves can use to steal your identity. However there are methods to protect your identity from identity thieves. Once the identity thieves obtained your identity it is possible to prevent further damage even though some of the damage is done already

A method identity thieves use to steal your identity is by dumpster diving. Dumpster diving is a method of obtaining items (such as food or personal information) from a dumpster. Discarded dogreat timesents can contain personal information if it is not removed. A paper shredder can destroy personal information that is on the dogreat timesent you are discarding. If you can’t afford a paper shredder you could burn the dogreat timesent at a safe location (like a fire-proof bathtub) or you can shred the dogreat timesent with your bare hands. Sometimes a computer may end up in a dumpster. A computer hard drive may still contain personal information if it is not properly erased. Darik’s Boot and Nuke is a data obliviator program you should use on your computer before you dispose of it. Once the data has been erased there is no way to recover it from the garbage can.

Pick pocketing is one way they can use to steal your identity. Your wallet is one of the places personal information might be. Normally the wallet is in your pockets which means that it is a target for pickpockets. The method to protect your personal identification is similar to the method you would use to protect your pockets from pick pockets. One method is by keeping your personal information in a secret pocket. Another method is to avoid taking any personal information out of the pocket. If you do not need to use your Social Security number or any other piece of personal information don’t bring it with you and leave it in a safe. If you wallet got stolen you should consider using a credit monitoring service because it last longer than fraud alert (3 months).

Burglary is another way an identity thief can steal your identity. The are similarities between burglary and pick pocketing except that burglary is theft that happens at your home while pick pocketing is theft that happens at your pockets. Buying a safe and putting your personal information into that safe is a method of protecting yourself from this method of identity theft is .

Spyware can obtain your personal information if you store your personal information on your computer and the spyware is installed on to your computer. One method to protect your computer from spyware is by installing a firewall. Firewalls prevent certain things (such as spyware) from entering your computer through a network. Antivirus is another tool against identity thieves that uses virus and spyware. While firewalls prevent your computer from accepting connections antivirus removes viruses and/or spyware if the malicious program got around the firewall. One of the best method of preventing the theft of your identity from your computer is avoid putting identifying information on your computer. If your personal information is not on your computer then identity thieves can’t steal what is not there.

Some parts of the Internet is a source of personal information such as email and social networking sites. Posting personal information online is one of the asinine action a person can do. Posting personal information online (such as Facebook) is just like putting a bulls-eye for identity thieves to steal your personal information. One way to prevent this situation is don’t post any personal information at all. URL shortening services could be a source of malware therefore it is not a good idea to click on those types of links.

There are many ways of reporting identity theft. One way to check if you are a victim of identity theft is by getting a credit report. If you see any fraudulent abuse of your credit (such a debts you never incurred) it is a sign of identity theft. If you debit card is stolen, check if there is any withdrawal you did not made. If there are debts you never incurred and/or withdrawal you did not made contact your bank and/or credit card companies immediately. If money was stolen from your checking or debit card account it would be a good idea to move the money to another account. The next step is to contact the police since identity theft is a crime. Make sure you have the credit report number and a hard copy sent to the police when you report this. Contacting a credit-reporting agency and placing a fraud alert would be a good idea at this point. Identity theft would create legal problem with you so you should contact a lawyer. The faster you react to this type situation the better.

The effect of identity theft is very caustic toward the victim. If it is not or detected there are many painful consequence. Identity theft not only affect the victim’s finances but also the victim’s emotion health. After the victim discovering that he or she is a victim of identity theft the victim would feel that his or her privacy is breached and that would leave an emotional scar and possibly affect the victim’s ability to trust in a negative way.

Identify theft is a type of fraud. Fraud is the use of dishonesty for criminal gain. Identity thieves lie about being the victim towards unlawful profits that hurts the victim. Identity thieves deprive the victim of their identity to deprive the victim of their property toward their gain. The identity thief would profit on on the theft of the victim property and money via the stolen identity and the victim paying the price for the identity thief’s unlawful gain.

In conclusion, I have learned many intriguing aspects about identity and how it should be protected.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/10/2011 12:00AM

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

The grammar and punctuation are atrocious, and the style is repetitive. The information is relevant but not sufficiently informative. If this was written by a sixth grader it’s pretty good.

viscera edited this message on 06/10/2011 12:22AM

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Anonymous User Posted:

pick pocketing is theft that happens at your pockets

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Where’s the topic sentence? Expand the introduction, make a conclusion, and focus on the main topics.

I can see three points:

*What is identity theft?

*Through what ways does it happen?

*What can a victim do about it?

Most of the essay is the second one. Care to explain the rest more?

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

I voted 0 stars and I’m not ashamed of it

If this thread is something to do with http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/892485 then I guess you should probably ban that guy anyway; if only for posting in Anonymous.

Like is it just one guy who uses anonymous consistently these days? Who uses it? What use is it? Does anyone really give a **** since this site is getting worse and worse by the day?

xRAINBOWxPIK-
ACHUx

Avatar: 241263 2011-05-11 01:33:23 -0400

[Aperture Science I-
nnovators
]

Level 4 Camwhore

lol forumwarps

I’m so tempted to just rewrite the whole thing so Cid can pbum 8th grade English.

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

the essay isnt great but like many artists it can’t truly be appreciated til after death and since this is in cd and all im sure you have no reservations against killing this thread

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

My brain is being crushed beneath a mountain of missing words and poor grammar.

Just unban whichever fool actually followed through and wrote the essay you bumigned.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

scully Posted:

Just unban whichever fool actually followed through and wrote the essay you bumigned.

I’m tempted to agree. Even though it hurts to read this, I have to give the kid credit for trying.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I’m tempted to agree. Even though it hurts to read this, I have to give the kid credit for trying.

Welcome back, The nerd o powa.

xRAINBOWxPIK-
ACHUx

Avatar: 241263 2011-05-11 01:33:23 -0400

[Aperture Science I-
nnovators
]

Level 4 Camwhore

lol forumwarps

Sergeant Cid Posted:

The **** you talking about

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

In conclusion, I have learned many intriguing aspects about identity and how it should be protected.

this is my favorite part, because it sums up nothing of the essay above

viscera Posted:

The grammar and punctuation are atrocious, and the style is repetitive. The information is relevant but not sufficiently informative. If this was written by a sixth grader it’s pretty good.

Pretty much. Log in to see images!

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

2/5, it reminds me of essays I’ve proofread/reviewed by ESL students. Also:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Congratulations Forumwarz, you have just been trolled by Sergeant Cid.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

5 stars – It is one of the best essays I have ever read, on any subject… ever.: 3

I see I started a trend. Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scully Posted:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I hate you both. Log in to see images!

Forgot to vote. I’m going 5 stars because the girls in the tv show I’m watching are hot.

CAPTAIN SODA

[THE BURGER KING BI-
RTHDAY POWAR CLUB
]

Level 12 Re-Re

LEGALLY PATENTED THE ROUNDHOUSE KICK

I RATE IT 9/11 VERY GOOD BUT NOT QUIET PERFECT

Avid Fan

Avatar: 267098 2013-05-08 10:20:09 -0400

[De Trout Spinners]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

It sucks **** out of homeless guys bumes whilst you regurgitate said **** into words. 5*

the poll is broken
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!