Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Cranky Cat: JB's mobile gaming project

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Bacchus Posted:

I love salmon.

I’m a big fan of fish, but I can’t stand salmon. Tuna filets are good, and tilapia if it’s seasoned well. I think my favorite seafood is actually squid, which sounds disgusting but it’s really good if you know how to cook it so it’s not rubbery as ****.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Bacchus Posted:

I love salmon.

Whoa, whoa. Atlantic or Pacific? We need details here.

viscera Posted:

I’m a big fan of fish, but I can’t stand salmon. Tuna filets are good, and tilapia if it’s seasoned well. I think my favorite seafood is actually squid, which sounds disgusting but it’s really good if you know how to cook it so it’s not rubbery as ****.

Talapia is the perfect fishy. It’s cheap and still full of the vitamins and minerals the alcohol drains from your body. It just needs some spicy peppers and sweet onions and it’s mother****ing delicious.I think people look down on it cause it’s cheap, but who cares if it’s delicious and keeps me alive.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Whoa, whoa. Atlantic or Pacific? We need details here.

don’t be silly.

Shore Leave

Avatar: 251066 2011-05-13 05:02:15 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 46 Hacker

“Firewall Fighter”

Bacchus Posted:

don’t be silly.

That is extremely silly. Obviously the top three Pacific species are all vastly superior to Atlantic but just generically referring to “pacific” salmon makes no sense.

The correct question is Sockeye or Coho?

http://www.salmonnation.com/fish/meet_species.html

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

It’s okay, this was actually a valid critique. Surprising, since we were all really impressed by the design, as were most of the people we showed it to. Maybe they were just being charitable. (Also, have you seen Forumwarz…?)

Point is, Mike, every design is only as good as it serves it’s function. I’ve seen pretty successful websites which didn’t have any professional designer involved — bearded PHP-programmers did everything themselves. In your case you’d probably still earn money on the game, because people gonna like gameplay and wouldn’t care about design that much.

But if you wanna make A+ products, everything needs to be as perfect. At least to certain degree.

P.S. Getting back to Forumwarz, it actually has a pretty decent design. By 5 years-old standards, of course.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

The “Toasty” cat popping in was the animation handiwork of our dev, who’d agree it’s crude and cheesy…but it’s kinda funny, so we kept it as is.

I don’t know how it looks on the phone, but this **** has wrecked my game and driven me crazy more than once. In the later levels when it’s kinda crucial to know what color is coming from where, that damned cat pops in and blocks two or three of the warning areas. Either kill the cat or make it so he doesn’t cover the warnings, imo.

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

In my experience, cats love fish. My cats especially like salmon.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

spacekadt Posted:

I don’t know how it looks on the phone, but this **** has wrecked my game and driven me crazy more than once. In the later levels when it’s kinda crucial to know what color is coming from where, that damned cat pops in and blocks two or three of the warning areas. Either kill the cat or make it so he doesn’t cover the warnings, imo.

Hah, yeah. You can disable those cat pop-ups in the settings, but maybe it’s not obvious enough. Thinking we might want to disable it by default.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Inconnu Posted:

In your case you’d probably still earn money on the game

I’m no business expert or anything but how can you make money from a free game?

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

in before some smartarse says advertising cause you know that worked out REALLY well for forumwarps

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

The pause bumons makes it difficult to see the incoming color very rarely. Overall I’m impressed with the mechanics, the detaching surprised me, thought it was going to just float away like any other bubble game. The later levels of story mode are so goddamn tedious though. Takes ages and isn’t any harder than the first.

Also hi. Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Johnny Mac Posted:

The pause bumons makes it difficult to see the incoming color very rarely. Overall I’m impressed with the mechanics, the detaching surprised me, thought it was going to just float away like any other bubble game. The later levels of story mode are so goddamn tedious though. Takes ages and isn’t any harder than the first.

Also hi. Log in to see images!Thanks for the feedback. You’ll see that in the full game, Story Mode gets pretty tough.

You’re not really supposed to be able to see the incoming color when you pause. That’d make it too easy to strategize. It’s supposed to be a quick, reaction-based game.

SanDyk Posted:

I’m no business expert or anything but how can you make money from a free game?

Free to try, but you can unlock more stages and “infinite mode” with in-app purchasing.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I meant the pause bumon covers up the arrow physically a little. Sometimes it appears there making harder to spot. imo move da buman.

And I just watched the video you posted and it does look like it gets a lot better, so, cool. Log in to see images! Johnny Mac edited this message on 06/10/2011 4:57PM

I enjoyed playing Cranky Cat. I could see a potential for a two player mode. One player rotates the central black orb while another player launches the orb from anywhere the second player pleases. You need either a keyboard for the second player and the mouse for the first player. The Mobile version might need two phones for mobile two player mode. Possibly the only way to unlock two player is by paying for it. Will there be a level designer for this game? Even without my suggestions Cranky Cat is already very addicting.

The nerd o powa edited this message on 06/10/2011 7:09PM

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

So I broke my old phone and got it replaced by one which is a lot better and I thought I should have a look at what this games is like and it was all “not available” and I was like “lmao. it’s like this phone KNOWS I don’t want to play JB’s ****ty game you are my new best friend” and then we went for icecream together that was great

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

SanDyk Posted:

So I broke my old phone and got it replaced by one which is a lot better and I thought I should have a look at what this games is like and it was all “not available” and I was like “lmao. it’s like this phone KNOWS I don’t want to play JB’s ****ty game you are my new best friend” and then we went for icecream together that was great

I went for ice cream with my cell phone once. Now it doesn’t work.

Canape

Avatar: 232250 2011-11-01 00:04:56 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

viscera Posted:

I think my favorite seafood is actually squid

I’d like to try squid onc ebut I’m allergic as **** to seafood that’s not fish so yeah :<

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

SanDyk Posted:

Not sure why that would be the case. I would’ve said maybe your Android is too old, but if you just got a newer model, it should be available.

Incidentally, the Full version is also up, if you’re having trouble with in-app purchasing: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.marchentertainment.crankycatfull

SanDyk

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I’m p sure Wildfire S counts as “new”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!