Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Repair Questions

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Q: Which spends the least Flezz? Getting your **** repaired after each forum battle or when equipment condition gets very low?

Q: If I’m about to die in a forum, is it better to retreat or to go down fighting? How much of a hit is my equipment taking when I lose those last few ego points and die?

Q: Speaking of going down, are there any methods for getting discounts from Bruce Bear? No homo. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Marcos El Malo Posted:

Q: If I’m about to die in a forum, is it better to retreat or to go down fighting? How much of a hit is my equipment taking when I lose those last few ego points and die?

As far as I know, none whatsoever.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Marcos El Malo Posted:

Q: Which spends the least Flezz? Getting your **** repaired after each forum battle or when equipment condition gets very low?

Repair costs are linear.

You might be taking 1 more hit of damage, or it might not have an affect. Your best course of action would be to Martyr, so if you **** up enough you at least get some Anti-Freeze.

Q: Speaking of going down, are there any methods for getting discounts from Bruce Bear? No homo. Log in to see images!

Sort of. Depending on your build, you might not need to pay Bruce at all.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If you think you have a chance of beating the thread it’s up to you whether you bail to save the repair cost, or keep going in the hopes some lucky rolls on the RNG get you to the end of a thread and the cred that comes with it. Martyring only gives antifreeze if you do it three times in a row.

Also as far as we know, the cost at Bruce Bear (which is constant no matter how often you offer to blow him) is on a linear scale, so it’ll cost you the same to repair 10% damage 3 times as it will to repair 30% damage once. But since the decay rate is somewhat variable with some equipment (due to rounding), you’re probably marginally better off waiting to repair. I don’t know of a build which would avoid Bruce Bear’s payments.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

n00b65 Posted:

Martyring only gives antifreeze if you do it three times in a row.

Has this changed? The last (and only time) I got AF from martyring, there was a looooooooooooooooooong break between the first two and third time that I Martyred.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Really? That’s odd, I always thought it worked the other way. You may be right, though.

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

n00b65 Posted:

I don’t know of a build which would avoid Bruce Bear’s payments.

1) You are better off waiting to repair because broken equipment does not hurt you until the following visit. If you stuff breaks halfway through fighting a forum – you don’t have to pay for any hits thereafter because your stuff bottoms out at 0%.

2) This has been hinted at various places in the forums but I’m not sure if it has been straight out said.

If your frugality is high enough, you’re better off selling stuff after it breaks and rebuying it than getting it repaired.

It’s worth it for the following frugalities:

Plum Computers:   4, 5, 6
Stunglbumes:      5, 6
Infections, Ink:  5, 6
Female Dominance: 6
Illegalities:     6

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

^— generally, but not always.

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Sancdar Posted:

^— generally, but not always.

When not?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!