Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Smile Portal 2 (Definitely spoilers!)

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Expected thread. So now that most of us finished (or are close to finishing) at least Single-Player mode… how are you enjoying it so far?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I just realized people might post spoilers here, so if a mod can please edit the OP to reflect that fact I’d be most thankful.

I played a little bit of Co-Op with Rage today. Those first few tests were hard a hell since we were building teamwork up (and the first chambers reflect EXACTLY that), but we were having a BLAST all the time. Also GLaDOS is MUCH more sarcastic in co-op mode than at single player. Maybe because she knows robots don’t have feelings (even though apparently ATLAS and P-Body were supposed to create human feelings or some **** idk)

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

THE MOON

KING KING KI-
NG KING KING-
KING

Avatar: 190122 2011-07-31 00:25:04 -0400

Level 62 Troll

Mbumive fabulous person Mbumive fabulous person Mbumive fabulous person

SanDyk Posted:

THE MOON

Wheatley is the bad GUY LOL and GLaDOS IS GOOD wtf

KING KING KI-
NG KING KING-
KING

Avatar: 190122 2011-07-31 00:25:04 -0400

Level 62 Troll

Mbumive fabulous person Mbumive fabulous person Mbumive fabulous person

Valve does it again.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

VALVE ****ED UP MY MIND AGAIN

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Just finished it.

While I was spoiled a couple things wheatly being the bad guy, even though it was kind of obvious I was still surprised by a couple of things.

GLaDOS being meant for Cave Johnson, and instead his bumistant got put in it mainly.

Ending was a bit over the top I felt, but still very good. Nice to have a story where the end is obvious and leads no cliff hangers.until they edit one in Can’t wait to try the multiplayer.

Also, glad for another great song.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

idk if any of you watched the elevator cinematics, but i did like the giant leopard print turret when they were all singing

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

SanDyk Posted:

THE MOON

the moon??

you have the wrong number!!!

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Yeah, that ending was over the top. I mean, shooting a Portal to the moon? That was just ****ed up. The whole Manual Core replacement ritual made me laugh the most out of the game tho. GLaDOS and Wheatley can be soooooo dramatic.

As for co-op, me and Rage are almost finished with it, we literally had to stop at the last chamber out of the last part of the whole co-op because Rage had to go. There’s not much of a storyline attached to co-op, besides GLaDOS stating that ATLAS and P-Body were created to develop human feelings and once those start showing up due to the huge amount of cooperation needed during the tests, she starts attempting to create petty fights over them, in the most famous GLaDOS fashion.

But there may be a hint for some co-op exclusive storyline: it’s usually 4 steps for testing in co-op: Teamwork, Mbum and Velocity, Hard Light Bridges and Excursion Funnels, but once you complete Excursion Funnels GLaDOS announces she has a surprise for the robots and open up the last testing co-op chambers, which tests Repulsion and Propulsion Gels (as of now, middle of the last part, no Conversion Gel has been used, or spotted), and like the single player mode, those are located in the old Aperture Science headquarters, but with GLaDOS being the announcer this time. She also taunts you about keeping humans prisoners at the end of the Gel chambers.

Some of those tests in co-op were excruciatingly hard, even more than the single player at the first runthrough. They can get VERY frustrating after a while, but it’s usually something really idiotic to solve.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

A lot of moments like that in both Portal 1 and 2. Over thinking the puzzles, then kicking yourself for not solving them sooner.

Hopefully the SDK gets released soonish. Will be interesting to see what the community can do with the co-op.

Portal Prelude style campaign for co-op? Hell yeah.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

CrinkzPipe Posted:

GLaDOS being meant for Cave Johnson, and instead his bumistant got put in it mainly.

Yeah, that was something that I wasn’t expecting either. Some people were speculating over Caroline actually being Chell’s mother, due to the fact that they look kind alike, as shown by the hidden portrait that triggers the achievement, plus it would make sense because of that Portal 1 quote, “the Aperture Science ‘Bring your Daughter to work day’ is the perfect time to get her tested”; it’s a good theory, I don’t know for sure tho.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Also, http://spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccee.com /

Instant favorited.
Fran edited this message on 04/21/2011 3:49AM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

Instant favorited.

Actually, in the science fair part the overgrown potato has “by chell” on it.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Actually, in the science fair part the overgrown potato has “by chell” on it.

Oh, I missed that part. I’ll go look at it. Chapter 5, right?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

Oh, I missed that part. I’ll go look at it. Chapter 5, right?

Don’t remeber exactly. It’s right before you go to turn off the neurotoxin I think, or if you don’t want to look around for it Log in to see images!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Don’t remeber exactly. It’s right before you go to turn off the neurotoxin I think, or if you don’t want to look around for it Log in to see images!

I already did and saved a screenshot on my steamcloud. You would be correct.

Also, finished Co-op. In the end, there is humans in the end of the old Aperture Science headquarters indeed… locked up in cryogenic tubes. GLaDOS almost had a effing orgasm over how much testing could be done with all those humans. It’s a HUGE repository, about as huge as the outside of the old Aperture Science headquarters. After discovering that, the 2 bots start celebrating and GLaDOS explode them saying she had lots of work to do and they were to get on it immediatly. During the end credits, GLaDOS scans part of those humans as the Valve team. Sadly the one for Gabe isn’t fat as we were expecting. Co-op is shorter than single player (took a combined 5 hours to finish it), but it’s way more challenging than single player.

Now to wait till the Source version used in Portal 2 is exported to map makers. Or some more retconning. They already did retcon the 3-step plan Cave created to ensure the success of Aperture Science, since according to the precorded messages the Portal project was already testable before he died, what’s a bit more retconning after that?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I think I like this more than the ending song of Portal 2.

Really wish it was in a better spot of the game and not a radio in a rattman den.

Also yeah, can’t wait for the co-op maps when the SDK comes out. Rumor has it that VALVe will be releasing Source Film Maker with it too.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

The different turret that you can save from the incinerator shouts things like “get mad” and “Don’t make lemonade!” Wonder if it was a test subject for GLaDOS
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!