Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Audio Mixed Discs/Tapes

Neurotic Nin-
ja

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Okay, most people are probably a bit too young and missed out on the whole mix tape era, but does anyone make mixed discs? If you do, do you make them for people or just because? Do you have a reason for making them? Do you pay attention to details like the lyrics, titles, sounds, you’re putting together or is it all about what your favorite songs happen to be at the time?

SION

[CLERKS LOVERS]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Mix discs are built for people with mixed loves.

ben-xo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Making mix-tapes used to be a haphazard art involving a lot of pressing-pause and skilful timing. Now you can do a professional sounding job with a folder of MP3s and a copy of Ableton Live / Acid Pro / Garbage Band.

Or if you like EDM you can actually do a proper, you know, MIX mix, where you mix stuff. Like I do. On the radio. Log in to see images!

xblack-vespax

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sometimes I’ll make a mix CD and just leave it out somewhere for someone to find (college campus). Just because.

ben-xo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

xblack-vespax Posted:

Sometimes I’ll make a mix CD and just leave it out somewhere for someone to find (college campus). Just because.

yeah, i’ve done that in nightclubs before. haha

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Mostly I compile albums as they would be if it were a proper retail version (I go onto Wikipedia and cross-check the amount, name and length of each song too). Sometimes though I like to make CDs in particular themes. Got my ‘Psyche-up’ CD, my ‘Silly Crap’ CD (I love putting this one on in the car just before a roundabout, flicking forward to the Benny Hill theme then driving in circles around the roundabout. Scares the pants off my pbumengers, especially if I giggle loudly while I do it Log in to see images!), my ‘i mad dis whil drunkkkkkkkkk’ CD (which has Losing My Religion on it at least 3 times and a bunch of stupid ****), you get the idea.

I just love burning me some new music Log in to see images!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Neurotic Ninja Posted:

Okay, most people are probably a bit too young and missed out on the whole mix tape era, but does anyone make mixed discs? If you do, do you make them for people or just because? Do you have a reason for making them? Do you pay attention to details like the lyrics, titles, sounds, you’re putting together or is it all about what your favorite songs happen to be at the time?

I once burned a few CDs for my girlfriend, just to try to show her the kind of music I was into. We both listened to a few of the same bands, but I had a lot of music she’d never heard of, so i was like ‘lol ill burn u a cd of my fav stuff.’

I basically took my favorite songs, or ones i figured she would like, and organized the songs stylistically, if that makes any sense.

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

I don’t bother with fading or beatmixing for “mix” CDs, but I do make them.

Some I use as a way of capturing my taste in music at a given time.

In the mix CDs I give other people, I try to create a bridge between their musical tastes and mine. I give them to close friends, once I have a sense of their taste in music.

Occasionally I do thematic stuff, songs about the same thing. Mostly I go for a particular feel/genre, or several blended into each other. I pay attention to tempo, key, dynamics and rhythm (among other things) in deciding what song comes after another.

xblack-vespax Posted:

That’s awesome.

Natalie Petr-
ov

Avatar: 30861 2010-01-24 16:36:34 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

I make mix CDs obsessively, paying attention to the sound of each song as well as the length, and tend to follow the High Fidelity rules too.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Perfect-Mix-Tape-or-CD

Wik-roll!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Anansi Posted:

I don’t bother with fading or beatmixing for “mix” CDs, but I do make them.

Some I use as a way of capturing my taste in music at a given time.

In the mix CDs I give other people, I try to create a bridge between their musical tastes and mine. I give them to close friends, once I have a sense of their taste in music.

Occasionally I do thematic stuff, songs about the same thing. Mostly I go for a particular feel/genre, or several blended into each other. I pay attention to tempo, key, dynamics and rhythm (among other things) in deciding what song comes after another.

Ah, this is essentially how I do it. HIGH FIVE! Log in to see images!

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

Booshaka. Yeah, it’s insidious…The way Christian missionaries convert tribal peoples. Log in to see images!

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

[damned lag…please ignore dbl-post]

Anansi edited this message on 04/21/2008 12:29AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!