Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest OFFICIAL CZ Contest: Emasculate Forumwarz! BP + E-Skinflap + Admin Peenoplasty!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

This contest is designed to let you to do what you already do best: emasculate Forumwarz.

“Emasculate” means to deprive of virility and vigor. This can be done through literal castration, or by simply humilating.

In this case, we want you to help us diminish the phallocentric nature of the game dialog, particularly in Episodes 1 and 2. In the process, you can win some awesome prizes! Log in to see images!

See, when Forumwarz started, we didn’t expect anyone would play — much less any women. But since about 20 percent of our players are female, it’s been pointed out that the dialog often bumumes you’re a man, particularly in the early stages. Some users find this alienating and say it takes away from the realism.

We’re not looking to make the entire game “gender-neutral.” It’s fine if a few characters insist you’re one gender or another, without bothering to ask. We’re just looking for the most blatant oversights. And we’re also looking for subtle, creative, and funny solutions! If we implement your suggestions, you’ll win some cool ****.

Here’s how we’ll do this:

Tubmail me with the subject line “Peenoplasty.” (Note: If you’re unable to follow this simple instruction, I’m going to have a hard time believing you’re capable of executing this contest.)

Briefly state your interest in taking part. It helps if you sound sincere, literate and somewhat witty.

– I’ll let the submissions trickle in and announce a “cut-off” date, no pun intended. (EDIT: Emasculators, please finish up your submissions in by this Sunday night, February 20th!)

– I’ll pick out some applicants and send them enough BP to start a new character (45 Log in to see images!). Now that’s incentive!

– Use the new character to play through the game from the beginning (sorry) and identify the most egregious examples of sexist oversight you can find. Catalog them and see if you can come up with clever alternative text.

– Finally, Tubmail your findings to me! I will announce another cut-off date for final subs.

BONUS: If you come up with any other good text revisions, I’ll certainly consider them. I haven’t revisited Episodes 1 and 2 in a long time, so a bit o’ punch-up wouldn’t hurt. Log in to see images!

¡Los Premios Grandes!

• If you managed to catch a few things and even bothered to make suggestions, you can keep the new character and I’ll give you enough BP to play Episode 3 (100 Log in to see images!).

• Anyone who gets their suggestion implemented will win 150 BP and an exclusive E-Skinflap™! (A genderless, Ken Doll-version of an E-Peen™)

• The top contestant as chosen by me gets 300 BP, the special E-Skinflap™, and can cut off one of my E-Peens™ to keep as a trophy!*

*Basically, I’ll remove a Peen from my collection (except for We Recommend The Crotch), and bumign it to the alt of your choice. The Peen will be specially marked and have a custom description, but it will have the same value as the original.

Pretty awesome, huh? Log in to see images!

Remember, Tubmail me to enter. You can discuss the contest and ask questions in this thread. Don’t post your findings here, obviously.

If you’re wondering, this has been a pet project of mine for a while, but a recent complaint reminded me to kick it into gear. Girl power! Log in to see images! Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 02/18/2011 5:49PM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

This contest is designed to let you to do what you already do best: emasculate Forumwarz.

“Emasculate” means to deprive of virility and vigor. This can be done through literal castration, or by simply humilating.

In this case, we want you to help us diminish the phallocentric nature of the game dialog, particularly in Episodes 1 and 2. In the process, you can win some awesome prizes! Log in to see images!

See, when Forumwarz started, we didn’t expect anyone would play — much less any women. But since about 20 percent of our players are female, it’s been pointed out that the dialog often bumumes you’re a man, particularly in the early stages. Some users find this alienating and say it takes away from the realism.

We’re not looking to make the entire game “gender-neutral.” It’s fine if a few characters insist you’re one gender or another, without bothering to ask. We’re just looking for the most blatant oversights. And we’re also looking for subtle, creative, and funny solutions! If we implement your suggestions, you’ll win some cool ****.

Here’s how we’ll do this:

Tubmail me with the subject line “Peenoplasty.” (Note: If you’re unable to follow this simple instruction, I’m going to have a hard time believing you’re capable of executing this contest.)

Briefly state your interest in taking part. It helps if you sound sincere, literate and somewhat witty.

– I’ll let the submissions trickle in and announce a “cut-off” date, no pun intended.

– I’ll pick out some applicants and send them enough BP to start a new character (45 Log in to see images!). Now that’s incentive!

– Use the new character to play through the game from the beginning (sorry) and identify the most egregious examples of sexist oversight you can find. Catalog them and see if you can come up with clever alternative text.

– Finally, Tubmail your findings to me! I will announce another cut-off date for final subs.

BONUS: If you come up with any other good text revisions, I’ll certainly consider them. I haven’t revisited Episodes 1 and 2 in a long time, so a bit o’ punch-up wouldn’t hurt. Log in to see images!

¡Los Premios Grandes!

• If you managed to catch a few things and even bothered to make suggestions, you can keep the new character and I’ll give you enough BP to play Episode 3 (100 Log in to see images!).

• Anyone who gets their suggestion implemented will win 150 BP and an exclusive E-Skinflap™! (A genderless, Ken Doll-version of an E-Peen™)

• The top contestant as chosen by me gets 300 BP, the special E-Skinflap™, and can cut off one of my E-Peens™ to keep as a trophy!*

*Basically, I’ll remove a Peen from my collection (except for We Recommend The Crotch), and bumign it to the alt of your choice. The Peen will be specially marked and have a custom description, but it will have the same value as the original.

Pretty awesome, huh? Log in to see images!

Remember, Tubmail me to enter. You can discuss the contest and ask questions in this thread. Don’t post your findings here, obviously.

If you’re wondering, this has been a pet project of mine for a while, but a recent complaint reminded me to kick it into gear. Girl power! Log in to see images!

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Avatar: 98447 2011-07-31 00:56:37 -0400

Level 11 Emo Kid

Shii is my favorite person ever! I love him so.

i wonder who we will see

generic reply insulting the game and said people who care about the game.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Wow here’s a suprise. Hey haven’t seen you in months but you stopped by to get us to do your work for free again. Oh wait no for internet currency for a game that is never relesing new content. That’s totes not for free.

Seriously back in the day this **** may have been okay because you felt involved but now it just feels like you want us to do your work for you.

duca edited this message on 02/05/2011 3:39PM

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Level 11 Emo Kid

hes trying to get newbies to do it since they dont know better and are willing to put up with this ****.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Already getting a good response (to the contest, not the crybabies with abandonment issues in this thread). Keep those Tubmails coming, folks!

Incidentally: It’s true, there’s no new content coming down the pipe in the foreseeable future. We’ve acknowledged this. But getting fresh eyes on Episodes 1 and 2 (which I could easily edit myself; it’d take minutes, as opposed to the hours it’ll take to administrate this contest) will in turn improve the content, while alienating fewer players and giving some newer folks the chance to contribute retroactively.

Plus, if I did it myself, who would notice that anything changed? This is partly about me publicizing my repentance, while giving players the chance to be rewarded for their creativity.

Anyway, you can criticize the contest if it makes you feel better. But this is a non-trolling thread, so watch yourselves, please.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

It’s fine if a few characters insist you’re one gender or another, without bothering to ask. We’re just looking for the most blatant oversights.

The gay cyber sex with CutiePie12xo, Reilly O’Bill and DrrtyCop74.

100 BP please.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

duca Posted:

Wow here’s a suprise. Hey haven’t seen you in months but you stopped by to get us to do your work for free again. Oh wait no for internet currency for a game that is never relesing new content. That’s totes not for free.

Seriously back in the day this **** may have been okay because you felt involved but now it just feels like you want us to do your work for you.

I am sure Crotch Zombie has done this themselves and are just looking for other opinions.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

¡Los Premios Grandes!

You’re not actually changing the E-Peens™ to E-Skinflaps™ are you?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

You’re not actually changing the E-Peens™ to E-Skinflaps™ are you?

There is nothing written to imply that they would be.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

mterek Posted:

The gay cyber sex with CutiePie12xo, Reilly O’Bill and DrrtyCop74.

100 BP please.

Actually, mterek, glad you brought this up, because those sections are the least likely to change after this contest. Not only are they deliberately “gendered” to force you to role-play, the whole joke lies in the fact that you’re trying to fulfill the NPC’s fantasy.

Parts leading up to and following the sex chat minigames can change, but (especially because of how they’re coded) I probably won’t alter those bits too much. You can certainly make suggestions, though.

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Level 11 Emo Kid

the **** every time he says no homo.

bp plz

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Find All “male reproductive organ”

Replace with “enjoy missile”

Replace with “woman's genitals splitter”

Replace with “throbbing woman's genitals puncher spraying hot jizz”

I’ll take my BP in the form of their cash equivalent to my paypal which I believe you should have on file. Thanks.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

welp if i win u can have the beeps mate

twas

Level 35 Troll

So you make a game called iCapitalism that doesn’t contain any tenants of capitalism. And now you use emasculate when you want us to feminize.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Where Oh Where Posted:

tenants

twas

Level 35 Troll

I made a spelling error because I have been hearing the word wrong and I am not too bright. You on the other hand should make iCanadian where you alter images by adding toques, bags of milk, curling brooms, goose beak pipes, whatever you people do.

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Level 11 Emo Kid

my bp hasnt arrived on account yet.

when can i expect it.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Shiis Girlfriend Posted:

my bp hasnt arrived on account yet.

when can i expect it.

How many alts did you enter with?

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Level 11 Emo Kid

Where Oh Where Posted:

How many alts did you enter with?

just this one, see my previous post for the things that can be changed.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!