Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rage Evidence that the mods don't care anymore

Hobojim

Avatar: 225269 2010-12-18 04:46:40 -0500

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 69 Troll

Jokes are way over my head

So today I was on my way back to the lab after lunch and discovered that my building was closed off because something exploded. Now, this isn’t a rare occurance in my field, but it’s really ****ing annoying. They wouldn’t even let me go back in to grab my bag and coat, so I had to go home with nothing but a T-shirt on.

I had so many things I wanted to do today, and now I can’t do anything because it’s apparently a “safety issue” if I’m in the lab doing **** because some other idiot blew something up. I guess they’re worried about fumes or some ****, I don’t know.

It’s probably that stupid ****ing Inorganic chemistry lab. They always blow **** up. Last time they blew something up because nobody in their lab seems to realize that CONCENTRATED NITRIC ACID DOESN’T ****ING BELONG IN THE SOLVENT WASTE CONTAINTER. They’ve also had a few fires because they don’t know how to work with inert atmosphere techniques, and destroyed our million-dollar NMR machine a few times through sheer stupidity.

I realize probably nobody will read this or care and whatever, but I’m just so damn angry right now and I needed to rant somewhere, and this is about as far from civilization as I can get.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Your chemistry department is ****, go to a real school

Cool Bob

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

cool story bro.

seriously though that sucks. go slap some ****es

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Seirously that whole story was a poorly veiled “hey lookit me im smart i do a chemistry thing” but the super ironic thing is that anyone who knows what you’re talking about is pretty much guaranteed to know more than you do about what you’re talking about.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Also Million dollar NMR ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

HoboJim how many credits are you getting per semester to wash the Graduate students glbumware?

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

P.s. have fun graduating and doing titrations/AA for the next 25 years for $15-18/ hr.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Hobojim you’re hydrogen sulfide, the thread is a beaker of water, and I’m copper sulfate and if you don’t get the analogy you should really reconsider your education.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

ahahahahah I missed the best part of the OP in the first two sentences “this isn’t a rare occurrence in my field” ahahaha in the ****ing 19th century it wasn’t a rare occurrence because people didn’t know what the **** they were doing but holy **** if your chem dept is consistently blowing **** up you’re being taught by a bunch of retards have fun with that knowledge base ahahahaha

Hobojim

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 69 Troll

I am a graduate student, but thanks.

I didn’t say explosions were common, but they aren’t exactly unheard of. Why are you so angry?

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

lol

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Hobojim Posted:

I’m just so damn angry right now and I needed to rant somewhere, and this is about as far from civilization as I can get.

Hobojim Posted:

Why are you so angry?

That was fast.

Hobojim

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 69 Troll

I have a reason, though. I’m asking what his is.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Heaven forbid someone enacts some safety measures, or more likely, does their job enforcing the measures already put in place. I don’t know, maybe it is the fumes or something that will make Chemistry students think it is ok to just waltz into a building that has literally just finished exploding. I am sorry it is inconvenient for you to not have you personal effects and all though, that is really the most important issue here.

I wonder if anyone, while they were growing up, thought that they would turn out to be someone whose primary goal is to make sure various occupational underlings such as yourself could have prime access to their possessions at all possible moments, regardless of the post-explosive or non-post-explosive state of the building they are working in at the time.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Adapt Posted:

I wonder if anyone, while they were growing up, thought that they would turn out to be someone whose primary goal is to make sure various occupational underlings such as yourself could have prime access to their possessions at all possible moments, regardless of the post-explosive or non-post-explosive state of the building they are working in at the time.

The answer is no; no one thought that. Because that is not a real job.

Hobojim

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 69 Troll

Adapt Posted:

Heaven forbid someone enacts some safety measures, or more likely, does their job enforcing the measures already put in place. I don’t know, maybe it is the fumes or something that will make Chemistry students think it is ok to just waltz into a building that has literally just finished exploding. I am sorry it is inconvenient for you to not have you personal effects and all though, that is really the most important issue here.

I realize there’s a reason for it, I’m just venting.

Turns out it wasn’t a lab anyway. Some generator exploded and cause an electrical fire in the next building. I guess I’m not as angry now. *shrug*

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Yeah that reminds me of the time I had to go home in a t-shirt because the stupid accounting tech majors blew up the accounting lab by mixing cash and accrual-based accounting. They blew up our nice pens too.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Yeah that reminds me of the time I had to go home in a t-shirt because the stupid accounting tech majors blew up the accounting lab by mixing cash and accrual-based accounting. They blew up our nice pens too.

hahahahaha I know what this means oh god no

Hobojim

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 69 Troll

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Way over my head, but I also hate when nice pens get blown up.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Hobojim Posted:

I am a graduate student, but thanks.

What specifically are you working on now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!