Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Anime, Manga and Game Industry in Tokyo Potentially screwed over by newly pbumed Law
Poll: Your opinion on this law?
You must be logged in to vote.

Fate- Gilgam-
esh

Level 51 Hacker

“Perl Diva”

Gentlemen and fellow anime/manga/gaming fans, we are screwed.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/12/15/tokyo-manga-ban-signed-into-law/

I know this does not apply to titles already 18+ rated but what about the others?

This may potentially mean no more Bleach One Piece, Naruto, or similar by July 1, 2011 due to how they worded this law they pbumed – its too darned vague.

Stores in Japan already have precautions that prevent or make it difficult for youths and underaged persons in Japan to acquire 18+? content, so this is essentially an enhancement to it. The problem with this new law/bill is that the scope is too broad and does not define EXACTLY WHAT type of content is completely unacceptable.

This is also? due to international meddling. The lies that Equality Now have spammed to Japanese officials (yes they ****ing DID), as well as international pressure? due to CNN’s glamorous ‘advertising’ of the enjoy simulation game ‘Rapelay’ THREE years after it was released to the public. You can bet top dollar that the puritanists, feminazis and moralfabulous persons (they so deserve that) AS WELL AS THE MAJORITY of the UNKNOWING PUBLIC only knew about it through CNN (thus the virality of it as the number of times the game was downloaded from various sources increased exponentially after that) and did NOT consider the fact that only? fictional (as in CHARACTERS WHO NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE) were harmed in the game. What’s next, ban movies and games that show or even hint at enjoy, violence, etc.?

Its just ironic how an act that CREATES LIFE (i.e. sex) that is done in oh so many ways (yes, they are fetishes, nothing wrong with them as long as proper judgment, common sense and PROPER CONSENT in exploring such fetishes is used) is considered much more of a ‘DO NOT SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS’ topic than acts that TAKE AWAY LIFE such as murder, drug? cartel hits and killing sprees.

The irony of humanity that is slowly losing the ‘human’ part due to a twisted form of ‘morality’ that borders on ‘PARANOID OVERPROTECTIVENESS’, which in turn leaves the younger generation without knowledge on the seemingly taboo topic of sexual health – something which is a part of life and yet is treated with disgust by puritanists, feminists and religions, specifically Catholicism and Christianity.

That being posted, i think the reason why these various content exist (Including Rapelay, etc) is merely as a healthy (as in never to be performed in real life) outlet for those who have interest in such fetishes. It is up to the user/fanbase to use their judgment and bear responsibility for their actions, and for parents to be more cautions AND also more understanding about these things. Merely not having proper knowledge about something should not mean immediate condemnation, in the same way a book should not be judged by it’s cover.

However, do not get me wrong in any way whatsoever. I do NOT condone enjoy, gore, violence or abuse in any way IF real victims are affected. But when it comes to fictional work, people need to put aside their morality sensors and either open your mind & enjoy it for what it is or don’t bother watching, reading or playing it. No one is forcing you to.

derp

Bacchus edited this message on 12/20/2010 12:59PM

Fate- Gilgamesh Posted:

I know this does not apply to titles already 18+ rated but what about the others?

I didn’t read the rest, but isn’t the voting age in Japan 20? Even if it’s 18 you could never make any changes while it still affects you. Get over it and buy the **** next year.

CeleryBob

Avatar: 243991 2010-11-18 02:08:00 -0500

[The TI-Nspire is a ****ty calculator]

Level 19 Camwhore

Spf357 is awesome

its not like anime has been good the last couple of years anyway. too much moe ****. i honestly dont care about this at all. if anything it may make companies make more good adult stuff if they cant get it to kids.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

lol srsly guys anime? i can think of two that were decent but most of it is gargbage anyway just drop it fabulous persons

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

I think there was already a thread on this, but I’m too lazy to go find it.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

I think there was already a thread on this, but I’m too lazy to go find it.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/55044-skyman747-say-goodbye-to-anime

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­also where’s the who cares option bro cause i really dont give a ****

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

oh my god things might change

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

somebody check if the river I’m standing in is the same river I was just standing in I can’t be arsed

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Holy **** there was explicit nudity and extreme over the top violence in Naruto??!! Holy **** I guess I should have watched Shippunden. Log in to see images!

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

duca Posted:

Holy **** there was explicit nudity and extreme over the top violence in Naruto??!! Holy **** I guess I should have watched Shippunden. Log in to see images!

its a bit more violent. but mostly they use the x wing sound effects in fights. making it so much more awesome imo.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

In all seriousness though I don’t see how this would effect the majority of anime. Stop over reacting and grow the **** up, I’m sure the internet will continue have as much loli as you want on it.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Didn’t crinkz already post this?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

duca Posted:

In all seriousness though I don’t see how this would effect the majority of anime.

It’s a ban in Tokyo, the geopolitical and cultural nerve-centre of the whole country. Literally none of the other prefectures are economically relevant.

Tentacle enjoy

Avatar: 186280 Fri Jun 19 08:30:19 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

My life is over.

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Tentacle enjoy Posted:

My life is over.

Though I’ve never really liked you, you have my condolences.

duca

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

mterek Posted:

It’s a ban in Tokyo, the geopolitical and cultural nerve-centre of the whole country. Literally none of the other prefectures are economically relevant.

I meant anime that is not hentai/guro/loli. Maybe I miss read the articles that have been linked…?

Josh Grimes

Avatar: 58173 Thu Apr 09 07:10:41 -0400 2009

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Man, this law just made a lot of ronery people a lot ronryer.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Josh Grimes Posted:

Man, this law just made a lot of ronery people a lot ronryer.

You know, when you’re running illegal alts, you really shouldn’t post in FlameBate. You make it way too easy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!