Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Any hostility left on CD?

I’ve decided that bumange should not be prosecuted under US law for crimes against the US. I think his source (bumuming it can be undoubtedly confirmed) should be, as they stole the information in one way or another. It may have been a poor choice to share some of what bumange was in possession of in the interest of peace, but he has the right to share it.

I’m going to bed, tell me what you think. Log in to see images!

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

he may have the right, but did the people who reported that information to wikileaks?

bobdisgea

Avatar: 88331 2015-08-08 07:14:08 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

See avatar for why Duca is fat and single

i literally do not give a **** about this wikileaks bull**** or bumange at all.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

bobdisgea Posted:

i literally do not give a **** about this wikileaks bull**** or bumange at all.

this. Can someone give me a tl;dr version?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bacchus Posted:

I’ve decided that bumange should not be prosecuted under US law for crimes against the US. I think his source (bumuming it can be undoubtedly confirmed) should be, as they stole the information in one way or another. It may have been a poor choice to share some of what bumange was in possession of in the interest of peace, but he has the right to share it.

WikiLeaks’ political motivation is “government transparency”, so when they released the cables, they released everything in their possession. Multiple countries were embarbumed so there is widespread condemnation of WikiLeaks by people in power. He may have had the right to share all that info, but it was a poor decision because no government is willing to support WikiLeaks endeavours.

bumange threatened to release information about a bank (which I believe to be BoA), that would have been far better as an initial leak.

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

mterek Posted:

...He may have had the right to share all that info…

Constitutionally speaking, he had no “right” to share any information that the government deems “dangerous.” As in, anything that portrays the U.S. government in less than a positive light. The Espionage Acts are still in effect, just most people don’t read and have no idea what restrictions on “freedom of speech” actually exist.

I’m not saying I agree with it, I’m just saying that the government can fully justify any action they choose to take. I’d love for there to be “governmental transparency”, but we don’t have that and won’t any time in the near future.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

My guess is that thee U.S. will detain him at some point and he will conveniently “commit suicide” in his cell. Also I’m not believing that a 22 year old Private got all that info on his own. My guess is that this goes a lot higher within the Army.

viscera Posted:

Constitutionally speaking, he had no “right” to share any information that the government deems “dangerous.” As in, anything that portrays the U.S. government in less than a positive light. The Espionage Acts are still in effect, just most people don’t read and have no idea what restrictions on “freedom of speech” actually exist.

I’m not saying I agree with it, I’m just saying that the government can fully justify any action they choose to take. I’d love for there to be “governmental transparency”, but we don’t have that and won’t any time in the near future.

That act is potentially unconstitutional itself and is certainly not a part of the constitution or any of its amendments. So “Constitutionally speaking” it’s a gray area. Legally the US has a very straightforward recourse against him, and I bet he knew that going in. I do not believe it should be followed.

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

My guess is that thee U.S. will detain him at some point and he will conveniently “commit suicide” in his cell. Also I’m not believing that a 22 year old Private got all that info on his own. My guess is that this goes a lot higher within the Army.

Hopefully it takes more clearance than that, and hopefully the investigation is continued until someone who could have gotten all that info is found. Though, my hopes aren’t all that high. Log in to see images!

Chawin Posted:

he may have the right, but did the people who reported that information to wikileaks?

Pretty much my feelings.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Imo he was doing a potentially good thing, but being an irresponsible douche with it. Society is too stupid to handle news and the **** like what he wants anyway. Also lol at hurting innocent people by releasing their names.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

viscera Posted:

The Espionage Acts are still in effect, just most people don’t read and have no idea what restrictions on “freedom of speech” actually exist.

‘Freedom of Speech’ is the right to share & express your thoughts and opinions. It has nothing to do with ‘Freedom of Information’.

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Sergeant Cid Posted:

’Freedom of Speech’ is the right to share & express your thoughts and opinions. It has nothing to do with ‘Freedom of Information’.

Both true and not true at the same time. I cba to find the Supreme Court case dealing with this right now (I might later) but “freedom of speech” can encompbum non-verbal expression. So it could be argued that by leaking information he was expressing his opinion that such information should be publicly available. Yes, this is convoluted and possibly even very special, but it’s hard not to bring up convoluted/very special counter arguments when dealing with law.

And again, I am not expressing my personal opinion in any way, only stating what little facts I know. I’m most interested in how bumange is going to be dealt with. And maybe more importantly how they’re going to defend whatever consequences he faces, since we have amendments and laws both defending and condemning what he’s done.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

’Freedom of Speech’ is the right to share & express your thoughts and opinions. It has nothing to do with ‘Freedom of Information’.

You cannot express thoughts on a subject no one knows about. I feel information is more than implied in the first amendment. I understand the need for the government to maintain security information private, but I really cannot think of a way to expressly provide that in law (at least in the English language) without giving the government a blanket authority to decide what constitutes “security information.” That means anything can be withheld from the public. I would prefer to err on the side of anything possibly being leaked. The source has committed a crime, and that has been prosecuted many times before, but prosecuting the “press” is a dangerous road to start down.

I think it’s noteworthy that this letter was sent prior to the release.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

To argue that ‘freedom of information’ should be part of ‘freedom of speech’, you then have to decide which information you mean. Do you mean all information? In that case, you, as an individual, would not be allowed to keep your SSN, your bank PIN, etc., private.

Individual citizen’s do not ‘need to know’ all the particular details of the government’s inner workings. They can form opinions based upon the outward results. Your ‘right to know’ does not supersede another person’s ‘right to safety & security’.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

To argue that ‘freedom of information’ should be part of ‘freedom of speech’, you then have to decide which information you mean. Do you mean all information? In that case, you, as an individual, would not be allowed to keep your SSN, your bank PIN, etc., private.

Two fallacies: First we’re talking about government’s information, not citizen’s information. (though that does accentuation the point about how gray the First amendment is); Second: “allowed to keep” does not apply as there is no requirement to disclose anything here, simply the federal government being unable to enact laws to prohibit it’s circulation.

Individual citizen’s do not ‘need to know’ all the particular details of the government’s inner workings. They can form opinions based upon the outward results. Your ‘right to know’ does not supersede another person’s ‘right to safety & security’.

Agreed.

But it swings both ways. If the general public had never learned of the Japanese “concentration camps” our government held in WWII it would not be held in disgust now and the idea of it becoming public would hold no force in preventing anything similar in the future because it would be illegal to talk about. I’m sure you can think of a dozen similar instances, point being that there can be no checks and balances when any branch of government can say to the public “it’s a security issue” and no one gets to know about it or speak of it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!